Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO With No Levels, No Classes

NextTxenNextTxen Member Posts: 17
No levels, no classes! That sounds interesting. That's the new MMO - Age of Wushu.

Age of Wushu is a new martial arts-themed MMORPG directly from China's Snail Games Entertainment. The game covers 2,000 years of ancient Chinese Wuxia tradition, and boasts six unique character story arcs, allowing players to become real heroes in their own stories. With an innovative combat system, the absence of classes and a plethora of colorful historical locations, there is much to see and do in Age of Wushu.

Official Site: http://www.ageofwushu.com/

[b]Key Features:[/b]
No Levels, No Classes
Random NPC Encounter System
8 Martial Arts Schools
Counter Combat System
Solid Kung-fu Action
Freeform Progression
8 Iconic Martial Arts Schools
Life Skills System
Open-world PvP
Aerial Combat
32 Guild Sites
5000 Equipment Types
17 Professions
30 Offline Activities
6 Unique Story Lines

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

I don't really understand how the Schools work, aren't they a substitute for classes in a way since they determine what abilities your character can employ?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    The schools are leveled arent they?  Going to be checking this game out when I get back to the States.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Age of Asia is enough for me.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

No levels is such a stupid thing...  kills the advancement that is typical for RPG games... turns it intoo a full action game.

No classes, is just awesome when done right, just picking skill trees instead of pre formed classes...  Its the freedom every RPG fan is looking forward to.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Sounds like Ultima Online....

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    no levels is such a stupid thing...  kills the advancement that is typical for RPG games... turns it intoo a full action game.

No levels worked out perfectly for SWG.

All Sandbox games should be without levels as it makes all content gated. If you can keep 100% of your content playable 100% of the time you dont end up in that situation where the developers are always behind the curve...because there is no curve. They can focus on bringing in some new content and not be rushed.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Too bad it is a PvP game...I enjoyed the tutorial in the beta.
This discussion has been closed.