Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOGG gets banned for griefing

mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323
AV has set the tone with griefers by banning HOGG.  Within only six days and two HOGG videos they have been removed from the server.  I have also seen players suspended for racial slurs in Global Chat.  They have totally changed the way they conduct business compared to DF1 and it allows me to purchase my copy and begin my PVE adventure.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Wow, Im not playing this game but find this  impressive!   I wish more companies got rid of these types. 
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I know people will get mad, but I have to thumbs up.. People think that because you can PvP in Darkfall that it has to be an extension to their reddit and adventures on 4chan..

Not sure what the videos showed about griefing, but the chat thing.. remove the filth..

Although to be fair and honest, as a PvE game, Darkfall is VERY lackluster...

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Vyeth

I know people will get mad, but I have to thumbs up.. People think that because you can PvP in Darkfall that it has to be an extension to their reddit and adventures on 4chan..

Not sure what the videos showed about griefing, but the chat thing.. remove the filth..

http://youtu.be/NjwJv6aGyEw

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

I enjoy the PVE in Darkfall far more than any MMO I've played. Very skyrimish.

• MegatronicMegatronic Member Posts: 35
    Its really depressing knowing that there really are players who are spending cash and free time just to annoy other people. 
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Watched that vid for about a minute.  Strong life that guy has, rofl.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Megatronic
    Its really depressing knowing that there really are players who are spending cash and free time just to annoy other people. 

I really believe there aren't many.  If AV continues this zero tolerance policy, only good things can come of it.  Before this re-launch, there was a different mindset, but not any more.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Watched that vid for about a minute.  Strong life that guy has, rofl.

I really got the impression that he dressed himself up with clown makeup when he wasn't griefing.  Likely in a cult of some sort that he would rather call 'family'.  Liked really bad music... 

• MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by Badaboom

And folks wonder why so many players despise ffa pvp games... these are the kind of players it attracts.  Griefing for the sake of griefing.

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Mystais
    Originally posted by Badaboom

And folks wonder why so many players despise ffa pvp games... these are the kind of players it attracts.  Griefing for the sake of griefing.

Pretty flawed logic considering he was operating entirely in the safe zone portion of the game. There's tons of people who do this kind of stuff in WoW.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Megatronic

Have faith this is likely the best thing going on in his life.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323

This video was the final straw for AV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNpucvYFGg

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376

Why do you think People will get mad? Watched the Video mmoluva posted:

"This video was the final straw for AV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNpucvYFGg "

Appears to me that this Hogg dude deserved to be banned. What am I missing?

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Good to see action being taken on people that act like this. Wish it would happen more often with other games and would include action taken with people acting vulgar as well.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    you can prevent someone from harvesting by bumping into them?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

Originally posted by eyelolled
    you can prevent someone from harvesting by bumping into them?

Yeah, and there's a good pvp reason for it. You don't want to be locked in if someone attacks you so you automatically break from your task so you can fight/run. I suppose they could add a safe zone option to not have it happen, but banning someone who would grief so blatantly seems a better way to handle it to me. I just hope they keep it up.

Asdar

lol.. This guy is a moron.. Who would go through all of that? Talking like he's a Psychiatrist...

A whole guild for stupid stuff like this? lol, wow.. #TheresNoHopeforMankind ?

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Griefing.. Is that keep killing a person or?

If so, pretty bad they ban you for that in a PvP game.

"We ban you for PvP"

Originally posted by Wylf

Why do you think People will get mad?

Because people like this guy, think that this is a "feature" of this game.. They think it's built on douchebaggery, they think this guy was "just doing what needed to be done", and most of all they think THIS is why Darkfall is "hardcore" so I'm sure once they wake from their self -induced stupor, that they will be here in droves defending this scumbag with:

"GO BACK TO WOW"

"PLAY HELLO KITTY INSTEAD"

etc..

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I wonder if that guy is really serious.  "Let's talk like cowboys from a Marlboro commercial cause it makes us so manly."

Not saying what he does isn't disgusting - whether he is serious or not.

My point is if his whole life is really about making the lives of others on a game miserable... then I actually feel pity for this guy.

Harbinger of Fools
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Thumbs up to AV on this one, shame people can't learn to control themselves but we know it's unrealistic to expect them to.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MKS2007MKS2007 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by mmoluva
    AV has set the tone with griefers by banning HOGG.  Within only six days and two HOGG videos they have been removed from the server.  I have also seen players suspended for racial slurs in Global Chat.  They have totally changed the way they conduct business compared to DF1 and it allows me to purchase my copy and begin my PVE adventure.

I dont think this is true unless of course they are not updating the BanHammer website..

http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

lol.. This guy is a moron.. Who would go through all of that? Talking like he's a Psychiatrist...

Exactly! That Hogg guy sounds like a low IQ gang banger reject whose daddy left home when he was a baby and mommy didn't love him enough. Notice his vocabulary? It's so basic his embarrassing himself and he doesn’t even realise it! He sounds like a 16 year old that spent most his life skipping school to hang on the street.

He's a very bitter person that has no respect for anything. Notice how he keeps trying to refer to other players as stupid people far below him? This guy and others like him have a personality disorder and insecurity issues. What else would make a person go into an online world and think a whole public area in save zone belongs to them, and all in it below them? He's a product of a broken home, and the gangster rap culture being sold to youths and glorified. All you should do with loser grief clan like this is pity them. I bet if there was a picture about of this Hogg guy making the videos he'd be the typical overweight ugly looking loser.

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

Right. Only 2 people banned so far. 

OP, how do you know Hogg is banned?

It would be smart of AV if they want to keep new players coming into their game. People like Hogg, who has been doing that kind of stuff for years, are bad for the game and bad for AV if they want to keep their game alive.

It was a temporary ban.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?364657-HOGG-Darkfall-Unholy-Wars-Safe-Zone-PVP/page4

"TEMPORARY BAN: HARASSING PLAYERS IS IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICE. PLEASE STOP DOING IT."

The above statement appeared inside of my launcher today.

Our latest and last video was uploaded to our youtube today for those that would like to view.

Goodbye to all of our Darkfall friends!

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

He isn't a psychiatrist, he needs one.