Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trions sign up for ArcheAge info page is up.

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Not sure if this is known or not.

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    thanks for the info:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    thanks for the info:)
    what she said... thx

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    I actually think this was up for at lleast a month or two? Because I remember signing up on the page a while ago.. maybe it disppeared for a while?
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Asheram

Not sure if this is known or not.http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

Good to repost it, but first mentioned here like two months ago.
  • salichomgsalichomg Member Posts: 4
    yep page is up from months nothing new :(
  • SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Nothing new there unfortunately, same oage that has been up for a couple months as others have said. Wish we could get updates on the progress from Trion on at least a monthly basis.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

As others have stated nothing new with that email register. Although thanks for posting. I'm sure a lot of people were not even aware that was up. ^_^

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Three moinths Trion has had this game.ZERO marketing,i have never seen a publisher work that slow before.

My Skeptical side tells me they only went after this to keep another publisher from marketing it verus their own game Defiance.

Obviously the translation is being worked on and also some charactrer custoimization as well.I hope that doesn't mean tatoos,colors and sliders for size,i would like to see in depth customization of RACE and Class.

I also hope there is a REAL BEtA,not these fake weekend events and immediate release i have been seeing from games of late.

I definitely do not like the way a player can go from swimming to gliding out of the water,very unrealistic.So i hope Trion is actually taking feedback because we need to see if any other out of place ideas like gliding out of water are in there.I am VERY skeptical,i doubt anything will change at all ,once the BEta phase starts.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JuggernaughtManJuggernaughtMan Member Posts: 22

"I definitely do not like the way a player can go from swimming to gliding out of the water,very unrealistic."

Are we really going to go with the realism logic? A lot of what you mentioned is some pretty unfounded concern. I do however agree with the character customization and hope they add *some* body customization but im not overly concerned.

Personally im most concerned about a smooth launch, good customer service and quick response to game issues which, thankfully, Trion is very well known for so im not worried.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Three moinths Trion has had this game.ZERO marketing,i have never seen a publisher work that slow before.

My Skeptical side tells me they only went after this to keep another publisher from marketing it verus their own game Defiance.

Obviously the translation is being worked on and also some charactrer custoimization as well.I hope that doesn't mean tatoos,colors and sliders for size,i would like to see in depth customization of RACE and Class.

I also hope there is a REAL BEtA,not these fake weekend events and immediate release i have been seeing from games of late.

I definitely do not like the way a player can go from swimming to gliding out of the water,very unrealistic.So i hope Trion is actually taking feedback because we need to see if any other out of place ideas like gliding out of water are in there.I am VERY skeptical,i doubt anything will change at all ,once the BEta phase starts.

Personally I'm hoping for mainly good translations and that's it , I don't want them "westernizing" it that much nor changing the ArcheAge game I've been following in the Korean version for a long time now.

I like the game as in in Korea and hope Trion isn't allowed to dumb it down/easy mode. 

I seriously doubt that they will be changing any game mechanics of any importance  , which is a good thing to me.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I wasn't aware of the site, so thanks for posting.
    Originally posted by Dahkoht

Personally I'm hoping for mainly good translations and that's it , I don't want them "westernizing" it that much nor changing the ArcheAge game I've been following in the Korean version for a long time now.

I like the game as in in Korea and hope Trion isn't allowed to dumb it down/easy mode. 

I seriously doubt that they will be changing any game mechanics of any importance  , which is a good thing to me.

Exactly. Western MMOs haven't exactly been doing much in the way of better design so I think "westernizing" game systems is the last thing we should want, personally speaking. The way the game is shaping up now is how it should continue. It has a few issues but they are very easily fixable.

The LAST thing I want to see is the reduction or lessening of the sandbox elements currently at the core of the game. And its a good thing Trion is publishing for NA because most of us are quite aware of their quality.

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Agree! Only translation please, don't change the game.
  • AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by faiyo
    I actually think this was up for at lleast a month or two? Because I remember signing up on the page a while ago.. maybe it disppeared for a while?

No, it remained unchanged from the start though  Trion seems to be in no hurry to release this game. They seem to have nothing to report.

It takes one to know one.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    now thats some kind of start. waiting for more :)
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I think Trion is taking a sensible approach. It's better to get the work on translation started first, then start the PR when the game is closer to release.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by JuggernaughtMan

Exactly. Western MMOs haven't exactly been doing much in the way of better design so I think "westernizing" game systems is the last thing we should want, personally speaking. The way the game is shaping up now is how it should continue. It has a few issues but they are very easily fixable.

The LAST thing I want to see is the reduction or lessening of the sandbox elements currently at the core of the game. And its a good thing Trion is publishing for NA because most of us are quite aware of their quality.

So whats your idea of these "design" innovations coming out of the east?  Fancy cloths?  Big Swords?  Bigger boobs?  Cutier children? Bigger spell effects?  Nothing but trash and flash is what I see.  Ill take any western MMO over any eastern MMO any day of hte week.  And dont mention Tera's targeting system, DDO had it light years before them.  Nothing happening yet that interests me.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by snapfusion

So whats your idea of these "design" innovations coming out of the east?  Fancy cloths?  Big Swords?  Bigger boobs?  Cutier children? Bigger spell effects?  Nothing but trash and flash is what I see.  Ill take any western MMO over any eastern MMO any day of hte week.  And dont mention Tera's targeting system, DDO had it light years before them.  Nothing happening yet that interests me.

Western MMOS are just as stagnant these days, lol.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Trion really needs to start sharing some info here.  But i will say least with their last few games seems they like to wait till last minute to release info.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• McPickleMcPickle Member Posts: 39
    Just speculating but it makes sense to me. Trion wants their customers playing Defiance at the moment. The game is still new.  Perhaps they feel AA is a solid title and want to take the correct amount of tme to make sure it's right. I would see no benefit to them putting a 2nd MMO on the market so close after the release of Defiance.  
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    I see your point, but AA is a whole different type of MMO than Def

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i dont think those two games are aiming at the same audience at all.

Defiance // PS2  and Archeage // Eve // Darkfall seem lore like the competitions we will be following.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by khameleon
    [mod edit]

dont judge em all just because a goodly number of em are bad.

if i thought that way i would have skipped out on 2 years of great gaming in ff11 and also 9 or so months during the hey day of L2.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Originally posted by snapfusion

Its pretty sad that thats all you see, and ironically not surprising. Not to mention Archeage isnt even all that flashy or booby(ish?) or cutesy, etc. It doesnt even have that same ridiculous TERA-esque artstyle. No, I was talking about the prospects of player housing, player factions(think EVE), player cities, piracy and all the player content that is generated from that like politics, alliances, wars between factions over territory, resources even considering the northern continent is supposed to be host to many valuable resourses ONLY found there.

I mean, its not eactly "innovation" as its been done before to some extent in other games, but its not done enough...and the combination of themepark and sandbox IMO, is brilliant.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

...and the combination of themepark and sandbox IMO, is brilliant.

I don't see the point of combining sandbox and themepark.

Make a really good sandbox, or a really good themepark.'

Don't make a half assed version of both.