Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online: Ryan Dancey Dishes with DM Fiat

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

DM Fiat is generally a tabletop gaming site but has some crossover with upcoming MMOs including Pathfinder Online. The DM Fiat team recently had the opportunity to interview Goblinworks' Ryan Dancey about the upcoming Pathfinder Online

2:17 – Ryan Dancey (RD) discusses the possibility of expanding the game world beyond the River Kingdoms.

4:37 – Both individually created hexes and hex templates will be used to create setting.

14:43 – RD elaborates on the class system and why Archetypes are more flexible than traditional Classes.

10:33 – Settlements are like guilds, but with physical locations in game.  Player characters will have the ability to run different parts of a settlement, controlling it’s look and composition.

18:44 – In the future, players will be able to create their own adventure module style PVE content that they can supply or sell to other players for a profit.

Check out the full interview on the DM Fiat site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    I have high hopes for this game and I never have high hopes for any game.
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    :3 same

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This could be a decent game.  Still waiting for an Indie to come up something a little more challenging than the standard fair.

Rather amusing they think this game is a sandbox when the game still has a class structure,  no matter how flexible.  You just cannot have any class structure and attempt to call a game a sandbox.  

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

This could be a decent game.  Still waiting for an Indie to come up something a little more challenging than the standard fair.

Rather amusing they think this game is a sandbox when the game still has a class structure,  no matter how flexible.  You just cannot have any class structure and attempt to call a game a sandbox.  

That is because you have a different definition of sandbox then everybody else. That's fine, just don't think that the world will bend to what you idea is.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Sorry, not my definition , but the standard definition for a sandbox is freedom to choose and that excludes any game with any form of class structures.  Hence this game is NOT a sandbox.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Sorry, not my definition , but the standard definition for a sandbox is freedom to choose and that excludes any game with any form of class structures.  Hence this game is NOT a sandbox.

No. You are mistaken. If it has open ended game play where you can interact with the world and do what you want then that would seem to be pretty much a sandbox. A PnP game can be quite opened and sandbox like with a good GM, and that is pretty much what this game is. I am pretty sure there will be multiclassing which will allow you to be pretty much what you want to be. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?