Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Loot!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In this new bi-weekly comic, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out the latest comic, Loot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    lol Epic

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    At least that last one wasn't a breastplate. 

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Sorry, I didn't get it. What's so funny ?
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    The build up was good. But I'm waiting for the punchline...  ;)
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    So... What's the joke here? This comic is lacking a punchline.

Smile

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

The whole comic is the punchline.

I rather enjoyed it.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    You have to look beyond the skin to get the goodies.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

lol I think I would decline the roll on the shoulders or find the nearest junk dealer

• AarakianeAarakiane Member UncommonPosts: 6
    lol anyone that didnt get this comic please gtfo mmorpg.com lol and Ericlewis i would disenchant thoughs babies lol
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Nice one, that requires a moments thought. Not sure our easymode MMO crowd will give it that moment though. :D
  • TwiPhoenixTwiPhoenix Aion CorrespondentMember Posts: 19
    I would wear those pauldrons.  Especially if they did spit out lava every so often.
  • ApocalypseSunriseApocalypseSunrise Member Posts: 80

In City of Heroes you could put a volcano on your back and it would seemingly spurt out lava, so those pauldrons would have fit right in the game.

The Helm of a Hundred Rebellious Stallions!?! Oh hell YEAH! F'n A!!!

Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint.

• MotroucetMotroucet Member Posts: 2

Gonna' try and explain the way I see it.

Here goes:

In the beginning our 'hero' starts off his 'heroic' journey by handling/culling local pests and wild beasts. The village/quest-giver happily thanks him and you can see a clear look of gratitude on her face and the same positive hopeful look on our hero's too.

On to mid-game content; he's gaining experience and honing his skills. The list which encompasses his accomplishments continues to expand and he goes on hunting bigger foes and creatures. This is where we can start to see the 'psychological toll' (if you will) on our hero as he starts developing conflicted feelings towards his deeds and actions. The 'Loot' is waning more to darker tones and the same conflicted emotions are also evident in the lady's facial expression.

Fast forward to end-game where we now see our hero who is a veteran of the universe in which he resides in. His exterior (armor) is ferocious and intimidating - something which is also mirrored in our omnipresent quest giver too. The two have gone on a long, weather-worn journey and it clearly shows - both, with what they're wearing and their disposition.

The last two panels (i.e. end-game) shows the ironies of a 'Hero's Tale', in that, most adventurers (aligned with 'good') start out their journey by being nothing but helpful to the people they aid or to the environment around them. Then as they get on and become stronger they slowly start to affect the environment around them through both intentional and unintentional means; ultimately leading to great (or even epic) disturbances of the eco-system - evidently through mass culling of wildlife and alterations of necessary environmental processes.

In the end, I believe Blaz Karic created 'Loot!' as a way to visually represent the proverb, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

This is my personal interpretation anyway, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I didn't understand the comic strip at first, second or even third glance; so to those elitist "gtfo'ers" or "easy-mode" taunters; you may find it funny to make fun of people like me  or others for not understanding something, but honestly, you folks aren't any better than a common troll if you just shame others without offering any further insight into what is being questioned. Plus adding 'LOL' and smilies after something doesn't lessen the insult...

You DONKEYTRONKS! lolololololol:::::DDDDDDDD:

• bnxbanditbnxbandit Member Posts: 23
    I just thought the loots names got crappier the more end game you are and that's what made it funny. I think.