Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Think someone is already going to out Wushu.. Age of Wushu

2»

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Asheram
    Originally posted by DMKano

This one is made by Tencent - which is the third largest internet company in the world behind amazon and Google. Also Tencent online community has reached over 100 Million concurrent users making it by far the largest online gaming community in the world.

So if it turns out to be any good, I'd expect the Chinese gamers to flock to this in a huge way and drop wushu in a heartbeat.

Still the game is in Alpha and no matter how amazing it may do in China, it still may not do well in western markets even with proper localization.

You still don't get it do you? You can't look at some pretty toons riding on a horse and some guys doing kung fu and say Wushu.

That's like seeing some awesome spaceships and a stargate then saying EVE. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuxia And why not?

"Wuxia, which literally means "martial hero", is a broad genre of Chinese fiction concerning the adventures of martial artists."

You misunderstand my point. That's my fault. 

You know how there are different classes of the same car? Like the Dodge charger touring, and the Dodge Charger R/T (racing and touring). The cars look the same, but what drives them is very different. The touring may only have 4 cylinder engine, while the R/T has a 8 cylinder Hemi engine. They look the same, but the performance/bells and whistles aint even close. 

A better example would be Blade and Soul compared to Age of Wushu. They both have martial arts, but one is a quest to level cap mmorpg, while the other is do what you want to level cap, then find out the cap really isn't a cap at all. 

I hope I explained better. 

Well I hope you continue to enjoy your game and myself personally hope this new game is nothing like AoW apart from the setting and martial arts theme as I didnt really care for anything about AoW.

And as far as Blade & Soul goes I am looking forward to that game far more than both of these and especially more so than Aow.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DMKano

This one is made by Tencent - which is the third largest internet company in the world behind amazon and Google. Also Tencent online community has reached over 100 Million concurrent users making it by far the largest online gaming community in the world.

So if it turns out to be any good, I'd expect the Chinese gamers to flock to this in a huge way and drop wushu in a heartbeat.

Still the game is in Alpha and no matter how amazing it may do in China, it still may not do well in western markets even with proper localization.

You still don't get it do you? You can't look at some pretty toons riding on a horse and some guys doing kung fu and say Wushu.

That's like seeing some awesome spaceships and a stargate then saying EVE. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuxia And why not?

"Wuxia, which literally means "martial hero", is a broad genre of Chinese fiction concerning the adventures of martial artists."

You misunderstand my point. That's my fault. 

You know how there are different classes of the same car? Like the Dodge charger touring, and the Dodge Charger R/T (racing and touring). The cars look the same, but what drives them is very different. The touring may only have 4 cylinder engine, while the R/T has a 8 cylinder Hemi engine. They look the same, but the performance/bells and whistles aint even close. 

A better example would be Blade and Soul compared to Age of Wushu. They both have martial arts, but one is a quest to level cap mmorpg, while the other is do what you want to level cap, then find out the cap really isn't a cap at all. 

I hope I explained better. 

Well I hope you continue to enjoy your game and myself personally hope this new game is nothing like AoW apart from the setting and martial arts theme as I didnt really care for anything about AoW.

And as far as Blade & Soul goes I am looking forward to that game far more than both of these and especially more so than Aow.

Thanks?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"