Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why on earth would this topic be locked?

Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Porbably because it directly asks for money.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Read the second reply in said topic.
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    What they said.
  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by Mako482

Help me out here....

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383036/Dark-Age-of-Camelot-meets-Minecraft.html

Why do you even have to ask this question. It's quite obvious

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    It's a kickstarter related thread.. you should have put information or your opinions regarding "CU meets minecraft".  Otherwise, you'll just get your post reported and shut down.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Mako482

Help me out here....

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383036/Dark-Age-of-Camelot-meets-Minecraft.html

Bumping a locked thread is a good way to get a warning or a ban.

Its clear from the thread why it's been locked, another thread is just pushing the issue.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    If I were MJ I would just pledge the rest of the money myself under another name. That way he gets to keep the money pledged so far at least.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Why would it be locked? Because hookers tend to be more discrete than your OP was.

If you would have worded it differently you would have been fine.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    If I were MJ I would just pledge the rest of the money myself under another name. That way he gets to keep the money pledged so far at least.

Except MJ Needs 2M.

He does not need 1.3M. He does not need 1.7M.

He needs 2M. Putting his own money back in makes no sense. He'd still not have the capital he needs. If he doesn't hit 2M< his investors won't put in their 1M.

Once that hits, he has 5M, and claims other investors said if he can achieve that, they'll give another 5 to match. Hence he'll have about 10M to make CU.

COnsidering that DAOC took 2.5M to make in 1999, given that he isn't going to be having a 300+ person team(More like 40-45 tops), and no PvE content to make, no quests, no fancy CGI trailers, no advertising, no boxed copies except for Kickstarter people who ordered that...

Overall, I really laugh at the people who say his money will not be enough. He has a small, dedicated staff Team, with no publisher overhead ect and a bunch of things.

10M is plenty...I see so many comments "You need at least 60M to make a decent MMO" or "You need 100-150M to make a competitive MMO these days"

I just facepalm so hard. A MMO like SWTOR can spend 300M, 175M on voices, 75M on music, 50M on advertising...base game = 25M, take out all the PvE content? Yeah, lot less overhead.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    If it were something to do with SWTOR you'd been just fine, lol. For some reason, anything negative with SWTOR gets shut down fast, someone really likes that turd of an mmo.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299
    Because it's kickstarter related, and they've said 50 times to make all posts directly related to the kickstarter under the stickied thread. Question is, will they lock a thread about a thread about kickstarter?  ;-)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Tuktz
    Because it's kickstarter related, and they've said 50 times to make all posts directly related to the kickstarter under the stickied thread. Question is, will they lock a thread about a thread about kickstarter?  ;-)

Any site would lock a thread questioning a mods decision in public.

Originally posted by DamonVile

Any site would lock a thread questioning a mods decision in public.

Thanks. That wasn't a real question though. =)

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322

Rofl

• The highest donation size is 10,000 per kickstarter
    • Mark Jacobs, nor anyone of CSE, can donate to their own project to "tip it over the top" - Violation of this means kickstarter would suspend the entire campaign.
    • You cannot use multiple fake accounts, this violates the terms of service
    • I edited my original entry statement because the mods here are ban happy.  /hi

Originally posted by Plastic-Metal
    • Mark Jacobs, nor anyone of CSE, can donate to their own project to "tip it over the top" - Violation of this means kickstarter would suspend the entire campaign.
    • I edited my original entry statement because the mods here are ban happy.  /hi

Actually I think the highest REWARD tier is $10k.

If I remember right, you can donate as much as you want over that.

Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

Actually I think the highest REWARD tier is $10k.

If I remember right, you can donate as much as you want over that.

Hmm.. interesting.  I stand corrected then.  /salute

• TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235

The real question: Why on earth does this topic keep getting bumped?  Why on earth hasnt this just been locked?

Its not about CU, its just a thread questioning a moderator action.

The other thread was clearly locked because it was pointlessly redundant and there are already three other threads on the building system.  We dont have to all make our own thread.  Just let this one die.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Tayah
    If it were something to do with SWTOR you'd been just fine, lol. For some reason, anything negative with SWTOR gets shut down fast, someone really likes that turd of an mmo.

Yeah SWTOR sucks, it is wow with lightsabors....

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    If a thread is locked, don't repost it.  Contact MikeB at [email protected] if you have feedback or questions about moderaton decisions. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.