Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried the GW2 Demo !!

tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I haven't yet tried GW2 dispite glowing reviews , so when they gave out keys for a demo for this weekend I finnaly got to dive into it..without paying 60 Euro for it..

As you all can imagine  Ihavent played it for very long as this demo started yesterday, so this is naturally based on the early levels of the game.

Well..I'm not sure where all the glowing reviews come from , but for me this game felt very bad, cheasy and simply uninspired..

From remembering the countless complains about The Secrets Worlds poor combat and animations, wich I never felt that they were bad, but this combat that is almost the same type but with fantasy weaponry feels like super bad when you compare them. I get  feeling the combat simply is not connecting to the enemies enough..

Furthermore , I get the feeling my character doesn't blend in well in the enviorments, It feels almost as she's cut and pasted ontop of a postcard or something.

The outdoor and vistas are nice looking thou, but alas they are not going to give me a reason enough to go explore the world when the rest of the game feels cheasy and uninspired.

I'm glad I didnt shell out the 60 Euros needed to try this.

TSW is by all counts a far greater product, even TRIONS new Defiance and even RIft feels better than this game.

Game on !! :))

Comments

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    haha, I am looking forward to this.  
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This game was never anything more then a cheap filler mmo to play till something else comes out.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    This game was never anything more then a cheap filler mmo to play till something else comes out.

This, if you can make it that long.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Haters gonna hate. So, how long did you play, 5 minutes to come to that conclusion? I find many of the new games uninspired but, at least there is some depth that I can enjoy in GW2.

If you are going to try something, can I make a suggeston that might help you enjoy it more? Leave any preconceived notions at the door and just try it with a blank slate. I can tell the OP did not and of course his opinion was validated. Heaven forbid you like something like GW2.....

Like what CU? Which is a filler for.....  Lines like this are just total troll....

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by botrytis

Like what CU? Which is a filler for.....  Lines like this are just total troll....

I don't see why you are getting angry at others opinions? OP gave it a try and gave his reasons for not liking it. A lot of people consider games like GW2, TSW, Defiance etc as filler MMOS. (this is not trolling but how many feel).

Are you going to get angry at every individual who doesn't like GW2? because then you will spend rest of your life being angry.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Fair enough, I had the same feeling about TSW pretty much.

Here's to trying before you buy eh? *cheers*

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

To each his own, we all don't like the same exact things. My opinnion is opposite of the op but I could understand finding gw2 fluffy after playing tsw. I would suggest trying charr if havent, they have the grittyest stoylines, style and zones. Rest are very disney in terms of story. I personally finding other games feel lacking in mobollity and flow after gw2 combat but  I look for a more action/combo based system as apposed to a more strategy focused one. Class can also make or break the game ones enjoyment of the game so def give a few a try before judging and you might find one to your liking ;)

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85
    I support the OPs message 100% correct

I found TSW all fluff  (and the graphics were subpar too) and no substance and I played that BEFORE GW2.

As was stated, to each his own.

Not angry, just get sick of all the anti-GW2 threads on this site. I mean eaven when someone posts something positive, the haters come out in droves......

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Thanks for sharing your oppinion but you are a little late to the show, aren't you ? Imo neither Tsw noor GW2 are great MMOs which you can play for more than 2 months. Defiance is bad and Rift more or less like WoW, old concept. At least you have TSW to play. ;)
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by thark

I haven't yet tried GW2 dispite glowing reviews , so when they gave out keys for a demo for this weekend I finnaly got to dive into it..without paying 60 Euro for it..

As you all can imagine  Ihavent played it for very long as this demo started yesterday, so this is naturally based on the early levels of the game.

Well..I'm not sure where all the glowing reviews come from , but for me this game felt very bad, cheasy and simply uninspired..

From remembering the countless complains about The Secrets Worlds poor combat and animations, wich I never felt that they were bad, but this combat that is almost the same type but with fantasy weaponry feels like super bad when you compare them. I get  feeling the combat simply is not connecting to the enemies enough..

Furthermore , I get the feeling my character doesn't blend in well in the enviorments, It feels almost as she's cut and pasted ontop of a postcard or something.

The outdoor and vistas are nice looking thou, but alas they are not going to give me a reason enough to go explore the world when the rest of the game feels cheasy and uninspired.

TSW is by all counts a far greater product, even TRIONS new Defiance and even RIft feels better than this game.

I think you downloaded Tera by mistake ...try moving and combat at the same time

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Every MMO is a filler MMO for the next filler MMO.
  • AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96

In gw2 it definately depends on what class you play. I have 2 80th level characters but I have enjoyed my 60th level mesmer much more. You have to move around quite a bit to play this class. I will say that judging any mmo after just a few minutes of play is certainly not the best approach. Alot of mmos are so similiar today that this method can only lead to disatifaction with everything.

While I did eventually burnout on gw2, it was the beginning of the gear treadmill that really made me cut down my time in this game. Still that was 3 months into playing it.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Axewielderx

In gw2 it definately depends on what class you play.

I must disagree with this. I played all classes to at least level 25 and they all end up feeling like you are playing the same character. You have a jump back special and a jump to the mob special with every character. Some classes and starting areas are a little better, but it ends up being boring regardless. It isn't a bad game, but it also isn't the revolutionary MMO that everyone made it out to be.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I bought the game a week after release during a. Amazon sale. To be honest I played it three weeks then stopped. Yes its pretty and yes its different to some degree than most mmos. But it lacked the longevity tjat gw had. It has a pretty hollow feeling to it much like tor. The stilted combat and conveluded lore just was off putting.

so say we all

Originally posted by Thorkune

I must disagree with this. I played all classes to at least level 25 and they all end up feeling like you are playing the same character. You have a jump back special and a jump to the mob special with every character. Some classes and starting areas are a little better, but it ends up being boring regardless. It isn't a bad game, but it also isn't the revolutionary MMO that everyone made it out to be.

If you did this with every character, then it is no wonder you only made it to lvl 25. Guessing you died alot. Furthermore, which Mesmer skill specifically allows you to jump into a mob and wtf would you even do that? A mesmer wears cloth armor and that would be just a dumb thing to do. Your reply is not making you look very intelligent. Nobody with any brains would play a mage class like that.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

I must disagree with this. I played all classes to at least level 25 and they all end up feeling like you are playing the same character. You have a jump back special and a jump to the mob special with every character.

This is obvious misinformation. Anyone pretending e.g. a Necro plays just like a Warrior is not telling the truth.

There's one thing worse than spending time bashing a video game you don't like and don't even play on it's own forums when you could enjoy a game you like and participate in its community instead... and that is lying to bash that game.

I am talking about the feel of the game...not the mechanics themselves. Obviously the classes are different

If you did this with every character, then it is no wonder you only made it to lvl 25. Guessing you died alot. Furthermore, which Mesmer skill specifically allows you to jump into a mob and wtf would you even do that? A mesmer wears cloth armor and that would be just a dumb thing to do. Your reply is not making you look very intelligent. Nobody with any brains would play a mage class like that.

All classes, to me, had that been there done that feel. I am not talking about obvious class differences, I am talking about the feel of the game

You stated "You have a jump back special and a jump to the mob special with every character.". The is not game feel, this is mechanics are you describing specific moves. You cannot get any more mechanics than that.

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

I am talking about the feel of the game...not the mechanics themselves. Obviously the classes are different

If the classes are different, they how can they feel like playing the same character?

Thanks for confirming that your previous post was nonsense and that you just passed by to bash the game with misinformation.

Have a nice week end, don't you have a game you enjoy to play?

How did I bash the game? I said it wasn't bad. I am just giving my opinion of the game...like everyone else. I am sorry if I am not explaining it well, but I honestly feel that the classes feel redundant TO ME.

Some folks here agree with what I mean

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I tried same as you. I bought GW2 at start but i didn't like it and gave account to some kid from my family. After day and half of playing i started to like this game. Graphic is awesome, story is good, combat not so much different from wow (what is + for me). What i don't like is gear without any stats and no real pvp reward.  Where is the point to pvp when you can enter with max level in to bg, only reason for leveling is pve. But rest is ok. And yes Mounts! I miss mounts! Now i can buy for 40$ this game and i think i will.

All classes, to me, had that been there done that feel. I am not talking about obvious class differences, I am talking about the feel of the game

Ya, o.k. gonna have to go with Captain Picard on this one and just say you are full of bs. You should go find something better to do troll because anyone with half a brain can see what you are doing here.

• WindamereWindamere Member UncommonPosts: 75

Also tried the free to play weekend, already done by saturday morning!

It's just cheesy and plainly just like every MMO out. Didn't find a single thing to keep me interested.

Talk to this person chase that goal return for reward Blah, blah, blah

Seriously don't understand why so many actually paid for it....................(glad I didn't)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by thark

I disagree about your Defiance comment... 

The majority of the internets feels the same as you do, when it comes to GW2, and TSW. From metacritic to mmorpg.com.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
This discussion has been closed.