Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really, are we now down to 4 classes?

2»

Comments

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    The way I see it, there woln't be much of a pet or summoner class since pretty much everyone is doing it, I haven't heard anything about mounted, aerial or underwater combat, but I assume if the feature is included it would also be universal.

Beyond that, the system puts interchangeable roles in dragon use so the core classes separate as few archetypes as possible to avoid customization overload.

I think one of their shortcomings here is they always open with "we generalized all classes into 4, than made customization makes you unique", when what they should say is "customization determines your character role, with 4 unique initial types as a basis".

A little language psychology goes a long way.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by DonY81

Im getting pretty tired of this. Ive not browsed or looked at this game extensively but come on now. Are we only putting out 4 classes....really?

That even straight out the gate is a turn off.

I think you should realize by now,what to expect from F2p/cash shop gaming.If my memory serves me they started ROM the same then added 2 more classes a year later.

If you are going to be a gamer that resides in F2p ,might as well accept it.Being that said,as long as those 4 classes have some depth and more than 2-3 hotbar spamming,it might have some fun value.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Im getting pretty tired of this. Ive not browsed or looked at this game extensively but come on now. Are we only putting out 4 classes....really?

is the fourth a rogue, or a paladin?

Just shuffling up the 'most popular archetypes' deck.

Doh! Rangers!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

EQ2 launched with 24 classes (12 locked to each faction) and suffered years of poor balance and some classes being irreverent in the end game as a result of it.  As a result they have so mushed together the stats and class abilities that there really are only 6-8 unique roles left each filled by 4-5 of the old classes pretty much completely overlapping each other.

Same with races.  Any unique characteristics to being a specific race are nerfed out over time until race might as be an appearance item in your inventory.