Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So why should one buy this game, when it is F2P? Any benefits?

HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Are there Any benefits at all?

I know you get a 5day headstart, which can be ignored. Several items and afaik the dark elves.

Why should one buy this game - what are the overall benefits compared to someone who is looking for a free experience?

Will you be able to access the full content with the F2P model?

Comments

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

Thanks to the magic of self-persuasion, putting a lot of money into a game will make you think it's great and that you're having more fun.

So no, there's no valid reason to pay for this f2p game.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by kikoodutroa8

Thanks to the magic of self-persuasion, putting a lot of money into a game will make you think it's great and that you're having more fun.

So no, there's no valid reason to pay for this f2p game.

Yes, I was aware of that.

So no buyable weapons etc... the usual stuff: Getting from A to B faster via stuff that can be bought in the store. Potions etc. I get it. Thanks

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack

I'm sure you've seen that already, but to me there was nothing that screamed "worthwhile" purchase.  The Drow will be released to everyone after the first sixty days (not that I would play one anyway, and the exclusive one is just for the background and a tattoo).  The panther pet and spider mount just isn't my thing, and would probably go more along the lines of a Drow character anyway.  And the rest just seems negligible as a whole unless you want to glow.

I was contemplating buying the $200 as I usually do whenever a game offers it, but this time around I'm passing simply because none of what is supposed to "sell" it speaks to me personally.  That money could be used towards the shop to specifically get what I want, instead of just the ability to say to my friends "I bought Hero of the North" and be given little that I would actually use (and have them respond back: "GG on wasting money!").

The only way they could get me to consider buying it is if they put in a monthly stipend of Zen with the $200 purchase, otherwise I'm just got to pick and choose what I want from the shop and ultimately spend less (presumably).

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The only reason to buy one of those packages is to support the developers and help making the game a success, even the best games need to make money to become a success, and the more money they make, the bigger the chance they actually start adding new stuff to the game..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I bought the $60 pack since that's what a new game costs most of the time anyways, I definitely can't see dropping $200 on the more expensive one though.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by sirphobos
    I bought the $60 pack since that's what a new game costs most of the time anyways, I definitely can't see dropping $200 on the more expensive one though.

Sadly perfect world is known for its unrealistic pricing... tough with this game it seems that you can play and be competitive without ever playing a dime...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Its PW so i dont know,i am bit scared that their item shop gets really ugly soon™

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I dunno, so far PW is being pretty reasonable with RaiderZ's item shop and that game has been out for months. Maybe they learned their lesson. Especially since there are so many quality F2P games out there they probably know they can't get away with it anymore.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Sadly perfect world is known for its unrealistic pricing... tough with this game it seems that you can play and be competitive without ever playing a dime...

Yeah, there really is no p2w but just don't expect to ever ride a mount unless your gonna fork over 40$ my eyes about popped outta my head when I seen they are selling them for that much 8P

Maybe I just have't had the pleasure of seeing mounts that much before I usually see them going for around 25$ Even Tera which I thought was expensive has them for around that......

I guess I'm gonna be doing alot of praying each day for them AD to save them for the mount lol.....

Originally posted by PAL-18

Its PW so i dont know,i am bit scared that their item shop gets really ugly soon™

Soon?

I mean have you looked at the store the prices are outrageous already.

I mean unless you mean adding in p2w items?

I pray alot of people don't actually use it I know that sounds BAD but if they don't buy from it the prices will drop......

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I bought the $60, for the mount ($40 for an equivalent quality mount) and companion (~$20 for each characer from the store) which will also be account wide, the extra character slot ($5), an the 600k diamonds, which at the top exchange rate of 500:1 would still equal out to about $12 in zen
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Yeah, look at the new STo 'deluxe' pack - $125, while the smaller one is only $20 (guess one time which of the 2 I'll grab :D)

On Neverwinter - the packs are optional. I'm sure I'll play it for a long time. I enjoyed the beta a lot and can't wait to get started again. I've bought the $60 pack, since most in there I most likely will buy anyway. And with the 600K of astral diamonds, I guess that that'll be the price of the ZEN already (after conversion) .

On the big pack... No way I'll ever spend so much money on a game ever again! First off because I simply don't have the money anymore (68% disabeled for work so my income has dropped a lot since then). And I've bought the LotRo lifetime sub on the 2nd anniversary (€150 back then) and though I did play it for quite some time, in the end I ended up not playing it anymore and after a year of totally not playing I sold the account earlier this year.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by nationalcity

Soon?

I pray alot of people don't actually use it I know that sounds BAD but if they don't buy from it the prices will drop......

WHo cares about Pay2Win in a PvE based MMORPG? Let players get wild on Pay2Win and make the party you're in easier to play :D

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

Buying a founders pack for this game will get you quality of life, cosmetic & time saving items. Yes you do not need to buy any of these packs in order to play this game. It is free to play. All the store items in this game are also quality of life, cosmetic & time saving items, which you ultimately do not need.

The game isn't Pay to Win - it's Play to Win.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

Yeah, there really is no p2w but just don't expect to ever ride a mount unless your gonna fork over 40$ my eyes about popped outta my head when I seen they are selling them for that much 8P

Maybe I just have't had the pleasure of seeing mounts that much before I usually see them going for around 25$ Even Tera which I thought was expensive has them for around that......

I guess I'm gonna be doing alot of praying each day for them AD to save them for the mount lol.....

You can buy mounts in game for very reasonable amounts of gold. By the time you hit 20 or whatever level it is when you are finally high enough to ride one, you'll have the gold to buy one. The cash shop mounts are not necessary and completely cosmetic.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Leiloni

You can buy mounts in game for very reasonable amounts of gold. By the time you hit 20 or whatever level it is when you are finally high enough to ride one, you'll have the gold to buy one. The cash shop mounts are not necessary and completely cosmetic.

I can confirm this. Mounts are very affordable through ingame currency. Plus anyone who bothered has a free mount waiting in their inbox when the game launches (PC Gamer promo codes).

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Soon?

Soon i mean,save 60$ now and get even more items tomorrow.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    I'm just wondering why you need a mount for an instanced dungeon runner. Is it really something you need? Or am I mistaken about the game not having an open world like your typical MMORPG?
  • archy1985archy1985 Member Posts: 11
    well accually u can buy zen with credit card and exchange zen for diamonds. with diamonds u can buy gear on action house o = credit card = gear.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    At this point unless you really really want that headstart or Drow race you are probably better off just taking that money and buying things you want directly off the cash shop rather than buy a pack.  The only thing that might make them worth it are the Astral Diamonds and that's going to depend what the Zen to AD trading ratio settles at.
    Originally posted by Leiloni

Guess we have different experiences then because I couldn't buy my first mount until almost 36 when I had enough gold to actually get it?

I don't remember spending gold on items but maybe I did, maybe that's why I didn't have enough...

But I do agree the mounts in the store are just for the "pretty looks"

Soon?

Hopefully they will rethink some of the prices I wouldn't mind spending money but alot of the stuff atm is overpriced IMO.....

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Soon?

Hopefully they will rethink some of the prices I wouldn't mind spending money but alot of the stuff atm is overpriced IMO.....

It's funny how, what's suppposeldy a micro-transaction is rarely even close to being micro. I mean, when a single virtual vanity item in your game costs as much as s a new ("indie") game or two something's wrong. 

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Grater bag of holding might was something I could see would become necessary for me to stay sane. Seemed to fill up unless you drop tradeskill stuff, and there was no bank afaik. But playable without and if you haven't tried it there is definately no reason to invest anything till you decide if you like it.
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by kjempff
    Grater bag of holding might was something I could see would become necessary for me to stay sane. Seemed to fill up unless you drop tradeskill stuff, and there was no bank afaik. But playable without and if you haven't tried it there is definately no reason to invest anything till you decide if you like it.

Trade skill materials are kept in a different bag then your normal inventory. So, you dont have to worry about that stuff taking up needed space.