Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gratz TSW on moving to the top of the "Released Game List"

Comments

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    As of 2343 EST it was TSW by .2       It's a quality game and deserves more recognition than it gets.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Deservedly so..

TSW is so unique,even though its a themepark,it still stands out from the rest.

great game.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Is combat still mind-numbling slow and redundant?  I really loved everything about the game except for the combat, which is kind of a crucial thing to get right.

You make me like charity

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I don't even know where this list is. lol  Either way, I didn't care for TSW, but it's nice to know fans have people to play with.

Oops, never mind.  I found it.  I never even realized that tab was there..

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Yea! Congrats to TSW for being on top of the Released Game List on a website that has clearly shown evidence of people abusing said system and pushing or dropping games up and down said list according to their wishes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=69557

poor consolation prize, a day late and a ton of dollars short.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

Yea! Congrats to TSW for being on top of the Released Game List on a website that has clearly shown evidence of people abusing said system and pushing or dropping games up and down said list according to their wishes.

Isn't that EXACTLY what a polling of opinions is supposed to do?

Of course, that doesn't mean people won't just vote a '1' for a game that clearly deserves much better in a fair world in order to pump up another game they like... but hey, the world is not a fair place.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Originally posted by asmkm22
    Is combat still mind-numbling slow and redundant?  I really loved everything about the game except for the combat, which is kind of a crucial thing to get right.

Gotta agree - if combat were more 'fun' for me, I would've kept playing much longer. It has great narrative and quest design... the combat is what hurt it for me.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

Originally posted by DeaconX

Of course, that doesn't mean people won't just vote a '1' for a game that clearly deserves much better in a fair world in order to pump up another game they like... but hey, the world is not a fair place.

yea, if each individual vote was made by 1 person only. in reality, you have 1 person using either a bot with a shit ton of throwaway accounts or some other exploit i dont know about to fuck with the ratings.

See, I can't verify the validity of that claim... but if it is true... damn some people have way too much time and are pretty damn petty/sorry and pathetic to invest so much time and energy in doing such a thing.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

yea, if each individual vote was made by 1 person only. in reality, you have 1 person using either a bot with a shit ton of throwaway accounts or some other exploit i dont know about to fuck with the ratings.

See, I can't verify the validity of that claim... but if it is true... damn some people have way too much time and are pretty damn petty/sorry and pathetic to invest so much time and energy in doing such a thing.

i'm not gonna lie, i can't verify the validity of my claim either, but its a rather well known fact around here though. i'm not saying every top game is up because of said bots because honestly it works both ways and sometimes balances out, but it does happen sometime when you'll see a game in particular just bounce up and down large value differences in the matter of minutes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Has more to do with people deliberately downvoting GW2 than anything TSW has done recently.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

If they were balanced opinions, sure. But anyone voting a 1 for GW2, WoW or SWTOR is obviously just a troll, even if you dont personally like the game, its obvious that they are above average in quality.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by evilastro

Has more to do with people deliberately downvoting GW2 than anything TSW has done recently.

Why do the actual reviews list them as having the same player scores still (8.6)?  Is this list supposed to have different ratings?  I don't get this site sometimes.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by evilastro

If they were balanced opinions, sure. But anyone voting a 1 for GW2, WoW or SWTOR is obviously just a troll, even if you dont personally like the game, its obvious that they are above average in quality.

They aren't 1s, but they are also certainly not "above average" in quality...

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Both TSW and Darkfall don't even remotely deserve to be on top. Everyone satisfied?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    Originally posted by Vorch

Gratz :)

Originally posted by khartokhar3

sry but that means nothin. i just checked the the rating comments on the gw2 site.. the last comments which are talkin bad about the game are from ppl with overall post of 0-3. and the last ones talkin good about tsw were also accounts with overall 0-3 posts.

so that means to me that the tsw fanboys are atm more active than the other ones.

Does it matter? Why can't someone just enjoy a game without trying to prove that all others are inadequate. You know you ARE allowed to like multiple games in the same genre -_-

Are there people on this site that probably gave TSW or GW2 a 0-2 out of 10? You betcha. These individuals have some personal issues, imo. They literally can not enjoy the games they like unless they "prove" that all other games suck.

Don't be that guy.

The game was so awesome that it almost put the company out of business......They had to fire half their employees and go through a fire sale jsut to stay in business.....Alot of people thought the game sucked.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Theocritus

sry but that means nothin. i just checked the the rating comments on the gw2 site.. the last comments which are talkin bad about the game are from ppl with overall post of 0-3. and the last ones talkin good about tsw were also accounts with overall 0-3 posts.

so that means to me that the tsw fanboys are atm more active than the other ones.

Does it matter? Why can't someone just enjoy a game without trying to prove that all others are inadequate. You know you ARE allowed to like multiple games in the same genre -_-

Are there people on this site that probably gave TSW or GW2 a 0-2 out of 10? You betcha. These individuals have some personal issues, imo. They literally can not enjoy the games they like unless they "prove" that all other games suck.

Don't be that guy.

The game was so awesome that it almost put the company out of business......They had to fire half their employees and go through a fire sale jsut to stay in business.....Alot of people thought the game sucked.

And how exactly is quality related to popularity? They are rather mutually exclusive.

REALITY CHECK

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    I'm not sure if the game should be in the number one spot, it definitely deserves to be in the top five. I don't quite understand the heavy dislike of the game -there's quite a bit the game does right , and quite frankly people on this site are WAY to caught up on the themepark vs sandbox angle.

<3

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Thillian

Don't be that guy.

And how exactly is quality related to popularity? They are rather mutually exclusive.

Only to a hipster.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Don't be that guy.

You've been bashing TSW tirelessly for 10 months already. This kind of dedication deserves credit but maybe it's tim to move on?

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    so what happened? once the usual juggling of spots from a new title ranking(DF:UW) settled GW2 is back at the top. 
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I'm surprised pirate 101 isn't at the top.

Didn't it win MMO of the year by the majority last year? Thought it's rating would go up as well.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Didn't it win MMO of the year by the majority last year? Thought it's rating would go up as well.

nah, whatever is closest to GW2 is what people will vote on the most. so for released titles it was TSW. more people probably voted for it than ever bought it(not hard to believe lol). since the devs of Pirate advertised the contest in game it was closest for te MMO of the year, thus what most of these trolls voted for.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    Originally posted by RizelStar

nah, whatever is closest to GW2 is what people will vote on the most. so for released titles it was TSW. more people probably voted for it than ever bought it(not hard to believe lol). since the devs of Pirate advertised the contest in game, it was closest for that poll, thus what most of thse trolls voted for.

Well to be honest I knew that, it's just fun to mention or get people to mention that lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    When people realize they can like more than one MMO without hurting any other MMOs...their minds will explode.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2