Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is there PvP in Neverwinter?

SotoSoto Member UncommonPosts: 177
Is there going to be PvP in Neverwinter? I read that there was going to be but it got pushed back to some 'later' date. If there is PvP what type is it...open world/zones or warfronts like in Rift?

the sword of no sword...

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

There is Arena type PvP at release..

Later on more PvP options will be added, and there will be even PvP content created by users trough the foundry some time after release...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Technically yes, but kinda sorta not really. Very little PvP content and the majority of the playerbase likely is not playing Neverwinter for the PvP so you'll be hard pressed to find anyone to play against. Those of us who enjoy PvP are not going to be doing it in Neverwinter since there are so many games that do it better and have more of it. Which is fine with me, this for me is a PvE game.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Gauntlgrym is supposed to be the big endgame PVP thing but can't really find any info on it.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

5vs5 pvp and 20vs20 Gauntlgrym pvp

I believe alot of people will pvp because you can earn astral diamonds from it.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Gauntlgrym is supposed to be the big endgame PVP thing but can't really find any info on it.. 

Thats because its only been tested in Alpha, and is unfortunately still bound by NDA, not sure why theres been no public reveal yet.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I'm not a huge pvp fan, but it's in there, and I tried it.  It's not half bad.. well, except for the fact that caster classes are fucking cheap and I hate them.  Grr and stuff.

For clarification, they're not cheap simply because of their class, but their distance attacks combined with those stupid little speed buffs all over the arena make them hard to catch if you're melee.

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    yeah there is pvp...my experience in beta 4 was me"rogue" being cc'd the whole time by wizards then dieing,,,,but it was pvp for sure.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Beoelf21
    yeah there is pvp...my experience in beta 4 was me"rogue" being cc'd the whole time by wizards then dieing,,,,but it was pvp for sure.

Oh no, this game has tools to counter hidden stealth classes...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Hoping Ranger will make a release shortly after launch and will make him my goto PvP character.  WIll keep my GWF as my PvE class.

SUP

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Beoelf21

Oh no, this game has tools to counter hidden stealth classes...

Damn right! Specially considering how strong rogues are in pvp they need a counter method! 

Hint: I mostly pvped Rogue. :)