Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com: built on a foundation of dishonesty

MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Mods that favor certain games, delete posts of some and not others. Let their pet trolls run free, while banning those who attempt to argue.

It's quite sad to see what this website is now. It used to be such a nice, useful place. Yet when a moderator bans a user for pointing out a troll is a troll...and doesn't ban said actual troll...something is very wrong.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Comments

• Desiderium2012Desiderium2012 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Shh... gonna get your self banned.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Kinda expecting it, not really caring, it'll save me the time of coming here to post since I can't stop myself, they'll stop me.

Just...the moderators seem biased against CU. That's not cool. It can not be their thing, but they are actively deleting posts and topics supporting CU, while leaving ones that bash it and MJ, even though these are usually absurd and not factual in nature.

The moderators need to be more professional.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• FugglierFugglier Member Posts: 25

Welcome to mmorpg.com!

"..........Lulz......try to IP ban me if you want, hasn't worked yet. I am still here. I have always been here.........."

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

Its obvious mods here arent mods, they take sides, they let trolls do their thing, and when someone come agaisnt them, they dleete that person's post.

lets see how long this thread remains opened and who gets banned very fast.....i.e. OP and me

I'd even go as far as saying that some of the trolls are mods, or even go as far as being "paranoid" as all these dumbass trolls....mmorpg is the property of a big game studio, and they shitting themselves with MJ's vision for CU, and the hype its getting.

They obviously taking side, whatever is their reason.

Now ban me i dont care.

If yhou dont see me here anymore it'll mean i was banned for being honest say things like i see them...much like the trolls, but they can say what they want, not us.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Haha this is so funny.  I swear these things come up all the time.  After being around a while, it's still always good for a laugh.  CU is still a twinkle in the eye of the developer and has NOT met its funding goals.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Course last time someone said this was the next DAOC we go WAR and its abysmal concepts so excuse me if I'm a bit jaded.
  • BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

lol they deleted so many posts in the other thread its pathetic.

they are pathetic.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• FugglierFugglier Member Posts: 25
    Phhhaaawwww..................they have banned me so many times and yet I am always still here, different name, different creds, etc etc etc. Not everyone is an uneducated child, some of us are a helluva lot smarter then the no life havin goobers running this website and so called "modding" these forums. IP ban is so yesterday, so easy to get around =P

"..........Lulz......try to IP ban me if you want, hasn't worked yet. I am still here. I have always been here.........."

• tenfoldedmighttenfoldedmight Member Posts: 54

I myself had this post deleted a few days ago, and no reason was mentioned. And it was def not off topic

"

For me it's the guys behind the project, they where also behind a project called Dark Age of Camelot which i played since release and for over eight years. So i have complete faith in MJ and his studio.

Esp after seeing the work on their engine, ideas, principles and their art in such a short time.

As for kickstarter in general. If you look at the gaming world today, not just MMOs. You see how companies have to turn to big investors like EA to be able to afford production. Now you've gone from a company that loves games and love making them for players, in to a deal with a business who want to make as much money as possible. In pretty much as many and filthy ways possible.

They make games so easy and so appealing to anyone from age 8-80 even if you've never touched a computer you will still be able to play it, without much learning needed. Just so they can sell more copies of their games.

You see it in every game genre these days.

No such publisher would back a game who focuses on hard and complex content with a niche audience. Because then you will sell less copies and make less money.

This is where kickstarter shines, because if kickstarter(we the gamers) can take the role of the publishers by funding them then we will without a doubt see a lot more different games that fit different people out on the market.

Instead of these please everyone games we see today.

In this case we get a good price on the game with nice bonuses. We will also be able to communicate with the developers early on and share what we think about things as they develop and last but not least we get to help a game we have faith in and share their vision with.

I want to see more games funded by gamers so we get more games made by gamers and we can get rid of at least some of the money grabbing big publishers. And maybe see a trend going away from what we see today.

This is at least how i see things and i would love to see more kickstarter projects and a lot less publishers."

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Yet when a moderator bans a user for pointing out a troll is a troll...and doesn't ban said actual troll...something is very wrong.

This part I actually have to agree with.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

YUP!!!!

Got banned for supposive trolling with a guy who was the one throwing the personal insults who got nothing and was told it was completly justified.  And lo and behold in a stream by MMORPG.com in Neverwinter they asked a question for one of their enthusiests of the game who's same name was the guy who said my banning was competely "justified."  Biasism isn't MMORPG.com's middle name, its their first name.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

If you wish to discuss specific moderator action please get in contact with [email protected]

If you wish to discuss moderation policy in general then please take the discussion to the Site Suggestions forum.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.