Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI - There are no quests in Darkfall Unholy Wars!

2»

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Are there housing or player merchants in DF:UW?

Yes there is housing.  They are in various preset locations and are villages.  You need a house deed (different sizes of houses available) and it is a lottery system to get one. 

DF1 had player merchants but Unholy Wars will be coming out with a market, which is not in yet.

Thanks, a lottery system to get a house or to get different sizes of house deeds?

Both.  A chaos chest may drop one.  So could a mob.  They are rare though.  In DF1 I got a large villa deed (largest house you can get) and I never could find an empty plot.  When I did eventually quit, I attacked a Guild city and carried large villa deed on me.

Cool,  I'll have to read a bit for this one and may have to buy it and try it out, thanks, I like a good pvp game with housing as well.

Don't forget the obvious of buying a house off other players. You'd have to be rich though.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

It's still a quest. DF1 had quest as well. Not very interesting at all. But how about just getting Dyanmic events like GW2 instead?

that would be so much more better...

LOL, funny guy.  We all know Dynamic Events are nothing more than dressed up "Kill 10 wolves" quests.  The real question is, is the Darkfall feat system as lame as questing in other mmorpgs?  Mathmatically probably, it doesn't feel as lame though.  At least it gets people out into the world so some FFA full loot PVP can happen, which is the opposite of lame.  With feats that happen as you play the game anyway so you don't have to run around to quest hubs and keep track of stupid quests all the time.  And the best part is hardly ever having to talk to NPCs. 

You say this, as if the feats system in DF:UW isn't literally "Kill 10 wolves", or rather "Kill 150 wolves". So I guess it's more fun without the 'dressing'.

As I said, mathmatically it isn't much different.  I hate grinding but I can forgive a lot for FFA Full Loot goodness!  GW2 has the boring grind but no good part to make up for it. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!