Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the Defiance hate?

12345679»

Comments

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by fallenlords
    Originally posted by Whitebeard

Yes that is what i am saying..stop pulling made up numbers out of you know where. I don't know what percentage neither do you. All i know is that issue of hacking and cheating is coming up more and more everyday.  I have noticed it myself in arkfalls and pvp. Forums has a lot of  players complainign on daily basis and even psoting videos as a proof. The point is not what percentage is using the hacks but what to do to make it stop from spreading further.

Weapon damage is client side and that is well known now. Some very popular cheat engines are easily available to download and use. If you think this problem won't get worse in future of PC players than you are in denial.

I could care less what other games had cheating problems. I am interested in Defiance.

Yes I am quoting 99% as a scientifically proven certified percentage.  I used 99% as an example to state that the majority of gamers are not cheats and don't hack.  Meaning a very small percentage of overall players cheat and hack.  You disagree with that, so what are your estimates?

One of the reasons I switched to console gaming was because of hacking.   I got fed up of being killed in Call of Duty by people using aimbots and other hacks.   With a console I can report the player within the game itself and on top of that report them in Xbox Live.  I even have certain utilities to avoid a specific player.  So overall I have minimal concerns on this whole issue.

Do you even read bro? i told you i am not into pulling statistics out of my behind to make a point. Statistics are irrelevant.What is important is to nip it in the bud before things get worse.

And i am glad you are not concerned. But as a PC player i am.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Do you even read bro? i told you i am not into pulling statistics out of my behind to make a point. Statistics are irrelevant.What is important is to nip it in the bud before things get worse.

And i am glad you are not concerned. But as a PC player i am.

Well how about this then PopCap did a study, out of 120 million gamers they found over 10 million cheated. Of those that cheated, nearly half admitted to also cheating in real life on tax forms, stealing towels from hotels etc.

As you can see from those figure, 110 million gamers or there about aren't cheating.  Which out of 120 million, is the majority.  Fair enough my percentages where a bit off.  But just to prove a point here, the majority of gamers don't cheat if the PopCap study is anything to go by.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

i love defiance, shadow wars is probably one of the funnest pvp i've ever played. i like how im am still trying to find the best pvp weapon ever, even after i found a few really good ones. i also love how you can play with anyone, from someone who has been playing from day 1 to someone who just started yesterday.

wow til this day i still consider to have the worst launch ever. its pretty fun today. the bugs/problems are nothing new to new mmos. however games do die when cheating is rampant. cheating in this game is starting to get really bad. its ruining both pvp and pve. trion still has sometime left to patch it/fix it. but i dont think the average consumer will wait forever. people will get sick of it and leave. even as much as i love defiance, even i have a limit.

• OceanhawkOceanhawk Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Salio69

i love defiance, shadow wars is probably one of the funnest pvp i've ever played. i like how im am still trying to find the best pvp weapon ever, even after i found a few really good ones. i also love how you can play with anyone, from someone who has been playing from day 1 to someone who just started yesterday.

wow til this day i still consider to have the worst launch ever. its pretty fun today. the bugs/problems are nothing new to new mmos. however games do die when cheating is rampant. cheating in this game is starting to get really bad. its ruining both pvp and pve. trion still has sometime left to patch it/fix it. but i dont think the average consumer will wait forever. people will get sick of it and leave. even as much as i love defiance, even i have a limit.

You obviously haven't tried to play with a friend. The phasing in this game is so broken that it is easier to find a randon guy to play with than to bring a friend to the game and try to hunt together. 

I will give the point of the game being fun to you, but with a caveat. The game is fun for a limited amount of time, then it becomes somewhat repetitive and uninspired. Then you start seeing how game altering the bugs are and how rampant hacking has gotten. All of which lead to the demise of fun for most people.

It's funny, during the first 2 weeks the game was out you would get slammed by a dozen people if you posted anything even remotely considered negative on the official forums. THe fanbois would come out of the woodwork to try and prove your opinions are wrong. Now here we are a few more weeks into the game's life and now activity on the forums is starting to wane. It's much easier to post negative comments and not ever see a fanboi attack you. That right there proves in my mind that the game has already began to die off.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Best MMO ever.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Oceanhawk

You obviously haven't tried to play with a friend. The phasing in this game is so broken that it is easier to find a randon guy to play with than to bring a friend to the game and try to hunt together. 

I will give the point of the game being fun to you, but with a caveat. The game is fun for a limited amount of time, then it becomes somewhat repetitive and uninspired. Then you start seeing how game altering the bugs are and how rampant hacking has gotten. All of which lead to the demise of fun for most people.

It's funny, during the first 2 weeks the game was out you would get slammed by a dozen people if you posted anything even remotely considered negative on the official forums. THe fanbois would come out of the woodwork to try and prove your opinions are wrong. Now here we are a few more weeks into the game's life and now activity on the forums is starting to wane. It's much easier to post negative comments and not ever see a fanboi attack you. That right there proves in my mind that the game has already began to die off.

Actually its alot easier to post something positive now. When the game was released the forums where filled with rage and doomsayers, who'd jump anyone who didnt say something negative. Most of these ragers seem to be gone now.

Another reason why those "so called fanboys" stopped bothering to react to the same hand few of people who postly mostly negativity. Thats the main thing, it really are mostly the same people posting the same negativity over and over.

The game is no where near as bad as some of these naysayers make it seem, it has its issues and definately has some maturing to do, but time-spent Ive definately gotten my money's worth.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Panthien
    Originally posted by Oceanhawk

Actually its alot easier to post something positive now. When the game was released the forums where filled with rage and doomsayers, who'd jump anyone who didnt say something negative. Most of these ragers seem to be gone now.

Another reason why those "so called fanboys" stopped bothering to react to the same hand few of people who postly mostly negativity. Thats the main thing, it really are mostly the same people posting the same negativity over and over.

The game is no where near as bad as some of these naysayers make it seem, it has its issues and definately has some maturing to do, but time-spent Ive definately gotten my money's worth.

QFT  TYVMimage

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Defiance is not bad and I'm still enjoying it but I have played better :)

Few small things still irritate me but I'm sure trion will fix it

• Nate_MurderNate_Murder Member Posts: 1

I've been enjoying it. I'm hooked on the game and the show.

There are countless negative threads for every game. Gaming forums are saturated with crying and complaining.  All people seem to do now a days IS complain. If you like a game, then play it and enjoy it. If you don't like it, then play another game. It's so simple. Don't let a bad apple spoil the bunch.

Daranar, it's a really good post but like what Lazarus71 said, "it will lead to nothing good".  If I were a moderator, I would have definitely locked this thread, way before it made it to eleven or twelve pages. 

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Lol, LOVE this set f threads! Now as to why the HATE! Just blame me! It is my fault for all the Defiance hate. I endorse Defiance. Even stated its going to be game of the year. As well as said its the best game on the market at the moment.

Of course I personally love Defiance. Play it both on my pc and my playstation 3. Interchangable keyboard, controller and mouse makes this game AWESOME to play!  Very addictive! Can play this for days on end if time would permit! All one can say is UBER-EPIC-BOSS Battles!! Best Boss battles of any game I have played. I have played alot too!

Now you know! xpowderx is the reason for the HATE :-D

• GrahlGrahl Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Boneserino
    I would suggest watching the Angry Joe review.  I think he gives it a fair score when he says 5 out of ten but the possibility of improving.   And he definitely agrees that the gunplay is fun.

Yep, I agree with Angry Joe most of the time.  Normally I wouldn't buy a game that he rated only a 5, but if they got the gun play part right, a lot of other things like more content can come along later.  Trion was good about adding new content pretty fast with Rift, so hopefully that will carry over into Defiance also.

I bought Defiance just to pass the time running around shooting things.  I already played Borderlands 2 to death a while back, so I needed a new shooter, and shooter + MMO sounded even more interesting.  I've got plenty of other games to play if I get bored waiting for new content anyway, can always come back and play more when new things are added.

One thing I can say about Defiance already, the download client completely blows...internet has a hiccup, you start over again from zero.  Power goes out?  Start over.  Patching error?  Start over.  Complete BS for people that have download caps from their provider, mine is unlimited but I would be seriously PO'd if it wasn't since I had to start over twice after downloading about 15 GB altogether.  Who the hell makes a download client without a resume download function?  Is it 1998 again or something?  Like everybody is going to download 15+ GB without any problems?  Dumbasses.

Uhh, yeah, anyway...I agree, people should watch Angry Joe's review.  It's pretty fair, points out a lot of problems and some of the good things about Defiance also.  So far, the downloader is the biggest negative I have seen.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

The show is good, the game is good. The game doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. And it's not a typical MMO, which I find refreshing. I'm pretty much sick of new games that just follow the old formula: Here's your mailbox, here's the auction house, oh, and there's your skill tree, your crafting stations, so on and so forth.

Defiance let's your drop right into the action and play for as long as you please. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Just play. Or don't.

Besides, hating a video game and spending time online to tell others of said hate is just... goofy. Makes no sense at all.

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    It's a bare bones MMO, fast and cheap action and so full of bugs you wonder if they spent 5 minutes in QA.
  • SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

Bought Defiance, love the game, like the show. But I like most if not all games. 

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    I enjoyed the game for a couple of weeks and the gameplay was a lot of fun.  It just didn't have enough content/ diversity to keep me playing and I just did not anticipate that the episodes would add a great deal so didn't really bother with them (have they even released any yet other than the first one they took back down?).  
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    When I found out that ego and gear didn't matter and there's no progression like in gw2, I logged out and uninstalled the game
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    When I found out that ego and gear didn't matter and there's no progression like in gw2, I logged out and uninstalled the game

why couldnt get your e-pean up without a way to makeyourself supiroir to other players.

i hate this additude, what happend to playing games for fun and not to makeyourself seem better then others.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Vayman

The show is good, the game is good. The game doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. And it's not a typical MMO, which I find refreshing. I'm pretty much sick of new games that just follow the old formula: Here's your mailbox, here's the auction house, oh, and there's your skill tree, your crafting stations, so on and so forth.

Defiance let's your drop right into the action and play for as long as you please. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Just play. Or don't.

Besides, hating a video game and spending time online to tell others of said hate is just... goofy. Makes no sense at all.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by Daranar

I recently bought Defiance on GMG for $33.   Seriously good price, go get it.   Anyway, I just started playing this morning until server update right now.   I really don't understand all the hate against the game.    This is seriously a very good enjoyable game.   I'm sure as with ANY themepark, it will run out of content and possibly fast.   However, they are saying there will be some serious DLC action coming.   But other than that, why hate?   To me it is a great mix between Borderlands and Gears of War in an MMO.   

Yes, it is a console/PC game and so the social aspect is significantly diminished from other PC-Only MMOs.   Most people you try to chat to, don't chat back (either they are dills or on an XBOX or PS3).   But it is clearly a different kind of game, one that I am so far enjoying emensly.  I think most people's problem is they went into it with an expectation in mind instead of going into to have some serious fun!   Recognize what it is.  It's not a competitor with Call of Duty, nor with World of Warcraft.   It is really a fairly unique game and so far a good bit of emphasis on exploration.   I for one am having a great time cruisin in my roller finding little enemy camps and trackin down those side-missions.   Plus with the T.V. show, they really hit my lore bone.   Not only can you get into the lore in-game (with the story missions it really helps dive in) but also on the TV show.  I love a game I can really get into the world of and this is definately one of em.

People seriously need to stop hating on games and go into a game with a fresh state of mind, one that is ready for fun and adventure.   Remember when gamers used to be open to new worlds?   Thriving on new stories?  And always seeking fun and adventure in every new game?    Man, how we have become jaded and snobby.

Seriously tho for $33, stop reading idiots reviews (like mine) and go try it for yourself WITH an open mind and eagerness to explore a new earth.   Whatever you do, don't go into it expecting the best MMORPG of all time (that game died when Sony released Planes of Power for EQ :P )   but do go in expecting to explore and have fun shooting up random crap :)

The key point of this whole post is that you bought the game in the morning and posted the same day asking why the Defiance hate.  Honeymoon stage FTW.

• DarthIxidorDarthIxidor Member Posts: 16
    I play off and on. Honestly it's great every time I sit down. Do the episode quests, get caught up in side stuff, ark falls, little things here and there. It's just always a nice time. IMO one of the better games I've played in awhile. Glad I got the Collectors Edition. Really enjoying everything they are doing.
    Squake69 I think you're misunderstanding something.

I like to progress. Something to achieve. Defiance does not have anything to achieve or no progress.

It's not about being better.

To see my character develop is fun for me.

If a rpg where you are as weak as you started one year ago, I really can't enjoy it.

Lucikly defiance is there for you and Lucikly there's other games for me.

Just wished I saved my bucks

A friend of mine hyped the game alot for me, so I decided to buy the game (which I did, at launch).

First, the patcher is horrible. You have to download 15 GB straight. If you close the patcher and opens it again, you have to redownload the whole game again - and it does not delete what you already downloaded.

Second, theres no real progression in the game. It is a online shooter, and the RPG elements are limited to allmost none.

It would probably have received a better score if they have called it a MMOTPS instead of a MMORPG.

This discussion has been closed.