Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you came here for PvP, look elsewhere.

TheJuggTheJugg Member Posts: 7

Hey, I'm a pretty big fan of world PvP. I love playing games where you can walk up and murder the heck out of a group of people for the fun of it. But this game takes the consequences to a whole different level. My first time playing, I wanted to see what PvP was like, so I walked up and killed someone in a dungeon. I thought "Cool, I'm all red and glowy and stuff. I'm a criminal now I guess." I didn't realize that I had signed my own death warrant.

In this game, being a criminal means a few things. It means that you can and will be attacked by anyone that isn't a criminal (think 80% of the players on the server). Also, if you choose to defend yourself, that is also a criminal act. So just add more time to the "criminal clock". Which brings me to a seperate point, the criminal clock. Normally in an open pvp enviroment, you might be a target for 10 minutes per kill, which may stack or reset for each additional kill. In W.O. you get 72+ hours for killing ONE PERSON. That's IN GAME TIME folks. 72+ hours of AFK to get rid of that status.

Not so bad you might think? Oh, I'll just delete that character, my soul level is high enough to get back there in no time... NOPE. With this PK system, if you're a criminal, all your characters on that account are now criminals too. Well at least there's the slums. The part of town where guards don't go. Apparently the part of town that you can't get any of the necessities to defend yourself with. Like food, a place to sleep, leveling your soul rank, etc... And almost every main quest requires you to go through the guard (they one hit you) infested town, which is IMPOSSIBLE if you're not a thief.

But there must be an upside to being a criminal, right? Well you get to steal peoples items. Unfortunately, any item WORTH stealing takes about a minute to grab, which is more than enough time for the person you just popped of to teleport to a statue and revive.

All in all, this game is not the "super duper hardcoreist MMORPG ever created since god made the earth" they claimed it to be. It's a crap game with antiquated graphics, and the only "hardcore" part about it is stupid game mechanics to make the game frusturating. Wizardry Online was an interesting concept, but in application it's a complete failure.

Comments

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    So you ganked some random noob, got flagged for doing so, and came here to QQ.  LOL.  I have never even played this game but this thread is rich. 
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

That's an awful lot of complaining about the game being to hardcore for you, only to end it by saying it's not hardcore. 

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by TheJugg

Hey, I'm a pretty big fan of world PvP. I love playing games where you can walk up and murder the heck out of a group of people for the fun of it. But this game takes the consequences to a whole different level. My first time playing, I wanted to see what PvP was like, so I walked up and killed someone in a dungeon. I thought "Cool, I'm all red and glowy and stuff. I'm a criminal now I guess." I didn't realize that I had signed my own death warrant.

In this game, being a criminal means a few things. It means that you can and will be attacked by anyone that isn't a criminal (think 80% of the players on the server). Also, if you choose to defend yourself, that is also a criminal act. So just add more time to the "criminal clock". Which brings me to a seperate point, the criminal clock. Normally in an open pvp enviroment, you might be a target for 10 minutes per kill, which may stack or reset for each additional kill. In W.O. you get 72+ hours for killing ONE PERSON. That's IN GAME TIME folks. 72+ hours of AFK to get rid of that status.

Not so bad you might think? Oh, I'll just delete that character, my soul level is high enough to get back there in no time... NOPE. With this PK system, if you're a criminal, all your characters on that account are now criminals too. Well at least there's the slums. The part of town where guards don't go. Apparently the part of town that you can't get any of the necessities to defend yourself with. Like food, a place to sleep, leveling your soul rank, etc... And almost every main quest requires you to go through the guard (they one hit you) infested town, which is IMPOSSIBLE if you're not a thief.

But there must be an upside to being a criminal, right? Well you get to steal peoples items. Unfortunately, any item WORTH stealing takes about a minute to grab, which is more than enough time for the person you just popped of to teleport to a statue and revive.

All in all, this game is not the "super duper hardcoreist MMORPG ever created since god made the earth" they claimed it to be. It's a crap game with antiquated graphics, and the only "hardcore" part about it is stupid game mechanics to make the game frusturating. Wizardry Online was an interesting concept, but in application it's a complete failure.

This actually just turned me on to download the game...sounds epic

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"