Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAUGE

TheJuggTheJugg Member Posts: 7

Hey, I just wanted to warn all future players that TQ / NetDragon is a money hungery beast. It doesnt matter if this is Conquer Online 9000. I started playing a few months after the release in 2004. I played this game up intil 2012. Gave 8 years of my life to this game, and about $6,000 USD. They use something called a "VIP" system for the bulkers like me. I never hacked, botted, or scammed anyone the whole time I played.

The ONE time I fell victim to a scam, I got completely shafted by the company. Someone had posed as my friend for over a year. I had let them use my gear before, and they always returned it. The moment I let them use all my gear, they robbed me blind. I figured since I had been such a loyal customer to TQ that they would understand my dilema and return my items to me. I was very mistaken. This was the response I was given.

Greetings, 

We thank you for playing and supporting CO for years. 

In your case, we are really sorry that we cannot help you recover the items, since we are not  responsible for  items are sold or traded by mistake, ike when they are traded to the wrong person. We do not know what happened out of game, what we can do is to follow our records and game rules. The record showed that the player IamHot didn't hack you. If we force him to return the items, he will question us what the me anings of making game rules if we do not obey them. Thus, we sincerely hope you can understand our situation, also. And, please try to contact IamHot to persuade him to return you the items out of his willing. 

Sorry that we offer no help this time. If that is anything we can do in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Hacking Cases Team

I tried multiple times to get them to listen to reason, only to get similar responses.

Greetings,

As we've explained in the previous emails, we are really sorry that we can offer you little help in your case, based on the game rules and records.

Best regards,

Hacking Cases Team/ GM: Leslie

Greetings,

We’ve received your case report for the account, ******. 

We have checked our records and found the reported items were traded to the player, IamHot, under the normal IP address of your account on Sep 7. Based on the game rules, we are not  responsible for  items are sold or traded by mistake, like when they are sold at a much lower price, traded to the wrong person, etc. In this case, we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to assist you in retrieving the missing items.  

If there is any other help we can do for you, please feel free to contact us. 

In the interest of increased account security, we recommend you take the following precautions: 
Do NOT use bot/hack programs. 
Do NOT use simple passwords. 
Do NOT share your account, account details or in-game items with other players. 
Do NOT buy or sell any account/items by real cash. 
Do NOT click any unknown links to claim free prizes. 
Be sure to keep your anti-virus software up to date, and regularly run scans for vir uses on your computer. 
Remember that “http://co.91.com” is the only official website of Conquer Online. 
Be sure to ONLY reply to official CO email addresses. 

Thank you for playing Conquer Online! 

Case number: KK15159-1. Please refer to this case number when contacting us with any questions. 

I just wanted to post this as a warning to all future players out there. It's not the game that has to change, It's the company.

http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/netdragon-websoft-in-diamond-bar-ca-100013117

That's their Better Business Bureau link, last I checked they scored an F on the rating.

Comments

• ArzacaneArzacane Member UncommonPosts: 24
    No offence, but it's not their fault you gave your equipment away and it's not their fault the guy didn't give it back. This isn't a case of hacking, it's a case of trusting the wrong person. Quite a while ago, I let a friend use my EQ account since the guild I was in needed a good Shaman in their groups. I lost that account and can't get it back. I would love to get that account back, especially now that it's F2P, but it was my stupidity and something I have to deal with, not Sony.
  • TheJuggTheJugg Member Posts: 7

It's not their fault for what happened, but it is there fault for how it was handled. I'm sure you didn't play this game like I did, but equipment is regularly shared between friends. Anyone that's ever run a business knows that someone that puts 300-600 dollars a month into something doesn't just decide to up and sell everything. In the phone call that I made to them, they had the NERVE to say to me "Well you could always buy more dragonballs". I used to run my own business, if I had a customer of 8 years that I called a VIP, I would treat them as such.

They had records of me trading gear back and forth to this guy for a long time. I also had witness of the incident and they did NOTHING. These rules aren't in place to protect people from getting scammed, they are in place to protect the company from lawsuits for allowing a complete lack of action on situations like these. I played this game for EIGHT YEARS and I never saw a single GM.... ever. Not once. I wasn't just missing them, I was the DL of the largest guild on my server and no one in that guild had ever seen a GM. They don't care about the game, or the players. All they care about is making money.

When I first started, they were shutting down bots left and right, because people were farming dragonballs from the lvl 110 reward. So they took away that dragonball, which was really the only way to get a dragonball in the game (you need DBs for everything in that game). Now that people can't affect their bottom line, they stopped shutting down botters. I was just presenting a single example of the ineptitude of this company. 

I don't see any difference between someone going into my account and taking my items, or lending them to someone and them stealing from me. If you gave your car to someone you had known as a friend for 2 years, and had lent your car to them before, would it be against the law if they stole it? Would the police say "Well.... you DID give him the keys... tough s**t". No. They would arrest him for grand theft and give you your car back. What happens when someone steals a digital investment of 5,000 dollars? Nothing. Not because they couldn't, but because it would be unfair to the player that robbed me.

Just an end note, Grand Theft is for a value of $1,000 or more in the USA. That was over $5,000. Whether or not I handed them over doesn't change that it's theft.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by TheJugg

It's not their fault for what happened, but it is there fault for how it was handled. I'm sure you didn't play this game like I did, but equipment is regularly shared between friends. Anyone that's ever run a business knows that someone that puts 300-600 dollars a month into something doesn't just decide to up and sell everything. In the phone call that I made to them, they had the NERVE to say to me "Well you could always buy more dragonballs". I used to run my own business, if I had a customer of 8 years that I called a VIP, I would treat them as such.

They had records of me trading gear back and forth to this guy for a long time. I also had witness of the incident and they did NOTHING. These rules aren't in place to protect people from getting scammed, they are in place to protect the company from lawsuits for allowing a complete lack of action on situations like these. I played this game for EIGHT YEARS and I never saw a single GM.... ever. Not once. I wasn't just missing them, I was the DL of the largest guild on my server and no one in that guild had ever seen a GM. They don't care about the game, or the players. All they care about is making money.

When I first started, they were shutting down bots left and right, because people were farming dragonballs from the lvl 110 reward. So they took away that dragonball, which was really the only way to get a dragonball in the game (you need DBs for everything in that game). Now that people can't affect their bottom line, they stopped shutting down botters. I was just presenting a single example of the ineptitude of this company. 

I don't see any difference between someone going into my account and taking my items, or lending them to someone and them stealing from me. If you gave your car to someone you had known as a friend for 2 years, and had lent your car to them before, would it be against the law if they stole it? Would the police say "Well.... you DID give him the keys... tough s**t". No. They would arrest him for grand theft and give you your car back. What happens when someone steals a digital investment of 5,000 dollars? Nothing. Not because they couldn't, but because it would be unfair to the player that robbed me.

Just an end note, Grand Theft is for a value of $1,000 or more in the USA. That was over $5,000. Whether or not I handed them over doesn't change that it's theft.

What could they have done? YOU gave your gear away willingly.

Heck try this:

Goto a police station and tell them  You gave your wallet with 1000usd to a "friend" and he ran off with it

It IS very different then someone breaking into your acount and trade them to an alt for what ever perpouse they can think of.

Just like your car excample, a car is registered to you and you need to sign consent for it to transfer ownership. So a more accurate comparesing would be you signed over your car to a friend who wanted to .. borrow it and he/she desided not to return it.

Point is, you didnt get robbed, you gave your items willingly.

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I think your anger is being taken out on the wrong people you cant blame the company for this just the supposed friend.i have never played this game but they obviously make their money from selling the gear or at least the stuff to get the gear im sure as a company they don't want you lending gear to different people as they would want each person to have their own ,but I will say to stop this happening they should make the good gear bind on equip like most games do.But it all comes down to your misguided trust I think most of us have done something like this in other games I know I have and have felt betrayed but not by the company only to the person who betrayed me.One last thing if they make an exception for you it could be exploited ,other people giving gear away telling their mate to keep it and then telling company they hadn't give it back etc Im sorry you put so much money into it and they have lost a valued customer as I said earlier they need to put bind on equip to stop this also they could have sent a letter asking the guy who kept your gear what his side of story was tho being such a a hole he probarly would just say you gave it to him
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    This is why I like a lending system where you can lend your items to your friends for 24 hours. Borrow for 24h and collect it from a vendor such as an AH auctioneer. That way there are less scams. Or introduce soulbinding. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I would had sided with the 8 year vet who payed good money to the game, only way I wouldn't is if the other guy was a longer standing player and had invested even more money into the game.  Corporate dollas'' huahhh.

If I was a nice corporate entity with a puny game I would had given them both the items as they could both be vauluable assets, keep them both and make even mo' dollas...huahhh

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    This is why I like a lending system where you can lend your items to your friends for 24 hours. Borrow for 24h and collect it from a vendor such as an AH auctioneer. That way there are less scams. Or introduce soulbinding. 

Very nice idea

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Hey, I just wanted to warn all future players that TQ / NetDragon is a money hungery beast. It doesnt matter if this is Conquer Online 9000. I started playing a few months after the release in 2004. I played this game up intil 2012. Gave 8 years of my life to this game, and about $6,000 USD. They use something called a "VIP" system for the bulkers like me. I never hacked, botted, or scammed anyone the whole time I played.

The ONE time I fell victim to a scam, I got completely shafted by the company. Someone had posed as my friend for over a year. I had let them use my gear before, and they always returned it. The moment I let them use all my gear, they robbed me blind. I figured since I had been such a loyal customer to TQ that they would understand my dilema and return my items to me. I was very mistaken. This was the response I was given.

That's their Better Business Bureau link, last I checked they scored an F on the rating.

Ok

So let me get this straight you have said you never scammed anyone, that would suggest that scamming happens, I play eve and it happens, and happens every second of every minute of every hour of every day, I know that if i lend a friend my 10bill isk ship, then im in effect giving him free licence to run away and sell it and wouldn't be a damn thing i could do.

The simple fact is you got scammed, Learn from it, Dont come to a forum and whine, Fact is you got screwed by a so-called mate not the company.

Personally, I would congratulate your friend on what i would consider a 'almost' perfect scam he succerred you in by lending the odd cheaper item, then once the net had been cast he threw it out about lending a lot, and bingo your **** ass fell for it

Finally, What the hell is the better business bureau got to do with anything, let me give you a free piece of information 96% of the world population does not come from america and thus we couldn't give a hoot what some company from US says about another company, and lets be honest they also had enron as a A+ before you know what, just because a random site (which is funded by companies so how neutral can it be) rates something as good or high it dont mean diddly to rest of world, You americans can keep your random site and work on that.

The rest of world trust our own judgement   

This is the lesson you must learn from this episode, So sorry about your loss, but suck it up

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    someone that puts 300-600 dollars a month into something

Wait...are you serious?

The Whale that all F2P companies dream of.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

OP, learn to take responsibility for your actions.

The company cannot act in a case where there was some kind of verbal agreement between 2 players.

You're claiming that the agreement was: "I'll lend you this stuff, but you must return it".

But the other player could counter-claim and say it was: "I'll lend you this stuff, and if you do X and Y for me, you can keep the stuff". He could claim that you're in fact the scammer !

No company is going to retain an army of divorce lawyers to settle disputes between players. The game rules are clear and weren't broken in this case.

• TheJuggTheJugg Member Posts: 7

Riiiiight, because someone that spends 300-600 dollars a month on something is just going to decide 3 days after crediting hundreds of dollars of shit to just give away everything I worked on for the past 8 years. That makes sense. Especially since there is a long history of trades between me and that person of me giving them an item and them returning it. Protect a thief, you unvirtuous scum. I've played so many other games where I didn't spend money on the items, and they were returned to me regardless of the circumstances that they were lost. TQ literally told me to spend more money if I wanted my stuff back. So go ahead and keep playing this game, I hope you choke and die. =)

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Riiiiight, because someone that spends 300-600 dollars a month on something is just going to decide 3 days after crediting hundreds of dollars of shit to just give away everything I worked on for the past 8 years. That makes sense. Especially since there is a long history of trades between me and that person of me giving them an item and them returning it. Protect a thief, you unvirtuous scum. I've played so many other games where I didn't spend money on the items, and they were returned to me regardless of the circumstances that they were lost. TQ literally told me to spend more money if I wanted my stuff back. So go ahead and keep playing this game, I hope you choke and die. =)

You spent 300 to 600 dollars???

LOL!

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I'm more concerned about TQ choking and dying from all of that money you throw their way every month.

I have some indie games that could really use your disposable cash, since you're apparently in the market for a new game.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

So mature.. And i agree with what the others have posted. It really is your fault.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Not that they cannot recover, but they don't want. They saw "sheep" in you, not customer, someone who already spent thousands $ in game, so by their logic, why to recover his items, when he will spend money again. Typical F2P asian scam.

Bastard Blizzard once doing every recover of every item you got lost, hacked or stolen, now they aren't doing. Instead, they have service where you can on your own recover stuff you lost, accidentally sold or whatever. 

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

CO-X sucks TQ sucks.. its that simple. 

but sadly i must agree with their ruling on this, you the player willingly gave your items away. its not their fault you lost them, nor is it their responsability to replace them when you willingly gave them away. as far as they know that other account is your alt and you just want more items.

if the person had hacked your account they could do something about it, but as they didnt illegally access the account its the end users fault items are gone.

why anyone would invest so much in to this shit company or game clone is beyond me :/ i stopped playing CO years ago before CO2 was even a wet dream for tq ... wouldnt dump money on that crap then nor would i do so now. 

• chastityhugheschastityhughes Member Posts: 1

I'm an old veteran of this game. I created an account on mmorpg.com solely just to acknowledge those reading the bottom comments that this company is a good company. I'm an old veteran of this game -- I started playing this game in 2005. Years later I ended up going off to college and was unable to play CO due to my dorms. The ping was just to high and in the dorms we had a bad internet setup!!

Soon after moving into my apartment I decided to play again. By this time I lost my account information -- I contacted Ncsoft. Ncsoft responded to my ticket within the time they promised (2 business days at most) -- actually they responded to my request a day in advance!! In the first inquiry I needed my account password. They provided this for me around 9:30 PM CST (evening). The second time I needed my WH info and to change my registered email address. This was completed the same day as well. I've played several MMOS -- this company has had  the best response time. Even when I contacted them by phone -- they happily handled any of my questions or concerns. They forwarded me to where I was supposed to submit my ticket online.

To anyone who's had bad luck retrieving your info --  there is a legit reason as to why you didn't retrieve your account or the results you wanted.

A. You gave your information to a untrustworthy friend/player -- your fault

B. You could not provide enough information for the staff to even locate your account - they literally give you the option of entering 5+ of your past passwords for the account you are trying to retrieve information for. If this option hindered your chances of getting your account back -- your fault. Choose better passwords. You had five plus passwords you could have entered to retrieve your account.

C. You did not follow up appropriately

D. You used incorrect information making it virtually impossible to contact you

E. Your problem description was not clear enough

• gamer9087gamer9087 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by chastityhughes

I'm an old veteran of this game. I created an account on mmorpg.com solely just to acknowledge those reading the bottom comments that this company is a good company. I'm an old veteran of this game -- I started playing this game in 2005. Years later I ended up going off to college and was unable to play CO due to my dorms. The ping was just to high and in the dorms we had a bad internet setup!!

Soon after moving into my apartment I decided to play again. By this time I lost my account information -- I contacted Ncsoft. Ncsoft responded to my ticket within the time they promised (2 business days at most) -- actually they responded to my request a day in advance!! In the first inquiry I needed my account password. They provided this for me around 9:30 PM CST (evening). The second time I needed my WH info and to change my registered email address. This was completed the same day as well. I've played several MMOS -- this company has had  the best response time. Even when I contacted them by phone -- they happily handled any of my questions or concerns. They forwarded me to where I was supposed to submit my ticket online.

To anyone who's had bad luck retrieving your info --  there is a legit reason as to why you didn't retrieve your account or the results you wanted.

A. You gave your information to a untrustworthy friend/player -- your fault

B. You could not provide enough information for the staff to even locate your account - they literally give you the option of entering 5+ of your past passwords for the account you are trying to retrieve information for. If this option hindered your chances of getting your account back -- your fault. Choose better passwords. You had five plus passwords you could have entered to retrieve your account.

C. You did not follow up appropriately

D. You used incorrect information making it virtually impossible to contact you

E. Your problem description was not clear enough

you may be a vet and feel need to say it twice but i agree with the original posters post. they have a thing called "dragon balls" it is used to upgrade your gear.. it can be bought in the shop or super rare drop in the world. i had seen 7 drop..and guess what i never got a single 1 of them. know why there drop system sucks!! thats why. somebody that has rebirthed 3 times stands on it you try to get close they kill you...how is that by any means fair to people? you cannot grab and run becauls they are on top of it makeing it impossible to click. all around the game was shit. maybe it will be a tad bit better with out that rateing system they had.. but i doubt it. since in the old co you either payed 40usd for those 2 trinket slots that help reduce and increase damage from/to players. and pay to upgrade it to the highest you can possibily get it and that is another 50-150usd depending on your luck. all around i give this game and the old 1 a 2/10 only becauls mentor system was nice. that is all.  all around avoid this crap as if your life depended on it. unless your a hard core gamer with weeks to spend on this crap hole. oh and don't let me forget to mention until a couple of years ago. botter's were not banned.  i used to see people sit in the all chat and look for other's useing botter's day in and day out. they are just now "trying" to weed out botter's witch is a load of crap

• gamer9087gamer9087 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    short run of what i said. cassual gamer's avoid this. hard core gamer's are the biggest threat in the open world pvp do not expect to get any rare drops if there are player's around. don't fight players until your gear is the highest rateing it can get, be ready to spend 300+usd to get the best gear in the game. do not fight anybody until you have rebirthed 3 times. as you will get the most op skills. lastly be sure to not pick the archer as they get farmed by players for the ammo. and are the weekest class in game unless you have fully upgraded gear all the way through your leveling.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

You gave your equipment away.  You made an error in judgement and are suffering the consequences.  Do you believe that the company should give everyone back their stuff that loses it because of giving it away?  No, because it doesn't pass the common sense test.  Companies give back equipment because of glitches, and not player actions.  Learn from your mistake and don't blame the company.

Also, 6K is a bunch of money.

I self identify as a monkey.

• aghyutzaaghyutza Member UncommonPosts: 6
    yeah played co alot too and i can say the game is THE MOST PAY TO WIN GAME  i have ever seen in my life... and yeah i have seen so manny cases where people get scammed  and robbed of their valuables. heck i can admit even i did something similar to what happened to this guy xD.
  • IsidiusIsidius Member UncommonPosts: 46
    We had a trusted guild leader/friend that we had known for 3 years, one day he asked my brother to lend him his double socket warrior armor...he decided to steal it. We made it known across the server and we hired a bunch of stronger people to kill this guy on sight (kos). He lost his allies, friends etc and quit shortly after and my brother got another double socket armor some time after.  Having said that, I would never play this pay to win game again, idk what I was thinking.
  • RavenMMORPGRavenMMORPG Member UncommonPosts: 11

It appears that you, also, have been defeated by a con game on the Internet.

Or, stated another way: You have been Conquered Online 2!!

Ok, ok, I'll show myself out...

- - -

Working full time on the Lost Raven MMO, a PVP sandbox for Space Pirates, Alien Hunters, Rock Jocks, and Fleet Commanders. The server is nearly feature-complete with client code to start soon.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Two year old thread necromancy.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Two year old thread necromancy.

And yet still just as hilarious as when it was posted years ago

This discussion has been closed.