Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MMO

Ettanin1987Ettanin1987 Member Posts: 4

Looking for an MMO that fulfills the following criteria:

Dungeon Finder: Mandatory (automated matchmaking)
Raid Finder: Mandatory (automated matchmaking)
Free/Sub: Sub preferred
Pay2Win: No
Pay4AdditionalContent: No
Item/XP loss on death, player-looting No
Instanced looting Preferred, else roll-dice-on-rares
PvP Optional, on consent only
Setting Fantasy preferred
Data usage rate: max. 30 kbyte/s
Download type: Direct download, no torrent, resumable
Population: Medium to high

Already known: World of Warcraft, Neverwinter (Played BWE3 and 4)

Comments

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    try rift, tho i have no idea on data usage rate :)
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Ettanin1987
    Looking for an MMO that fulfills the following criteria: Dungeon Finder: Mandatory Raid Finder: Mandatory Free/Sub: Sub preferred Pay2Win: No Pay4AdditionalContent: No Item/XP loss on death, player-looting No Instanced looting Preferred, else roll-dice-on-rares PvP Optional, on consent only Setting Fantasy preferred Data usage rate: max. 30 kbyte/s Download type: Direct download, no torrent, resumable Population: Medium to high   Already known: World of Warcraft, Neverwinter (Played BWE3 and 4)

Sounds like world of Warcrarft..

Rift and TSW might be ok if you can be flexible about the raid finder / sub model.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Ettanin1987Ettanin1987 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Benedikt
    try rift, tho i have no idea on data usage rate :)

Originally posted by Nitth

Sounds like world of Warcrarft..

Rift and TSW might be ok if you can be flexible about the raid finder / sub model.

Rift has a dungeon finder but no raid finder, TSW has no (official) dungeon finder nor raid finder.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

LotRO is pretty much fit for all categories. The instance finder became a nifty, configurable tool with the last updates.

Pay for content, if you prefer subscription then you need to buy only the expansion packs (but those are worth it, they're expansions in the good-old sense and not like small dlc's in todays games :) )

The only concern could be p2w. Don't get me wrong, LotRO is not a pay2win game, but during the 2 years since it went f2p, it slowly slided towards p2w. On the forum the very same topic popping up every time when a new "convenience" item arriving to the Store...

Personally I think it's not p2w. Yet. :) But if you put side-by-side the pre-f2p sub LotRO and the present one, the direction is showing there. And before the topic would be derailed by the "no such thing as p2w in pve games" folks, let's rename it for "pay 2 avoid months of chores and bores" :)

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Benedikt try rift, tho i have no idea on data usage rate :) Originally posted by Nitth Sounds like world of Warcrarft.. Rift and TSW might be ok if you can be flexible about the raid finder / sub model.
    Rift has a dungeon finder but no raid finder, TSW has no (official) dungeon finder nor raid finder.

Tsw does have a Dungeon finder which also incorporates raids...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I see WoW here. =P

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Looking for an MMO that fulfills the following criteria:

Dungeon Finder: Mandatory
    Raid Finder: Mandatory
    Free/Sub: Sub preferred
    Pay2Win: No
    Pay4AdditionalContent: No
    Item/XP loss on death, player-looting No
    Instanced looting Preferred, else roll-dice-on-rares
    PvP Optional, on consent only
    Setting Fantasy preferred
    Data usage rate: max. 30 kbyte/s
    Download type: Direct download, no torrent, resumable
    Population: Medium to high

Already known: World of Warcraft, Neverwinter (Played BWE3 and 4)

Final Fantasy XIV:ARR meets all your criteria listed. (well actually  not sure about data usage rate)

You can sign up for the beta at their website or at one of the beta key contests you can find via google at various gaming websites  (game is currently in testing, and will launch this spring/summer):

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Just curious, does anyone answer "yes" in the Pay2Win column? :)
  • Ettanin1987Ettanin1987 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Nitth

Tsw does have a Dungeon finder which also incorporates raids...

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I in fact mean an automated one, not one which relies on manual invites, sorry. TSW's one is just a LFG list. I've corrected that in my requirement list.