Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Server choices

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

Will there be different server? Or just one major server?

If so will there be localised servers in europe?  

And will there be specific types of servers like roleplay servers?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• kastakasta Mineola, TXPosts: 512Member
    I believe you can look to STO and CO to see how it work.  Haven't logged into the in ages myself but I think it will be one mega-server.
  • NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    I imagine one mega server since so much of it's instanced.  If I remember they already have a channel like system where a new instance is created when one area gets too full but I'm not part of the last beta so can't confirm my memory :P.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

I did some playing in  beta 3, but never actually bothered to investigate if there was a mechanisme that let me switch shards or instances.

How about localised european servers for English french german and spanish speakers?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    They do have the ability to segregate and spawn individual servers.  STO has a "live" server and a test server.  My guess is that they will take this path.  In STO the server has multiple layers or channels so you can move to more or less populated channels depending on your preference.
  • gillrmngillrmn ArnhemPosts: 250Member

A shard in NW is just 2 seperate instances of one server.

There would be shards to deal with initial rush of players during first few months.

Later when cowd thins out, they will just remove that shard. It would seem to normal layers as if they have "merged" it, but in actuality they just removed the seperate instance of the same server and redirected the traffic to a single instance.