Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please remove the TSW ad

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Drolkin

Pretty sure smoking is a matter of personal choice, just like girls wearing bikinis, people who drink alcohol, boob jobs, abortion.

Lets derail the subject on smoking and let us focus on the huge amount of violence on the news, movies, tv shows, why are people not focusing on things that involve violence against their fellow man?  Is anti-smoking propaganda really not just a waste of time when there are more important problems going on around us?

It isn't a child's choice to get asthma at three years old because her parents have an addiction.  Sure, it's a choice, but a very poor one.  The child would have been better off if their parents wore bikinis, rather than poisoning the air they breathe.

In any event, it was a joke about the scarlet blade ad reactions.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    They should also remove all the taverns from the fantasy MMOs, it just promotes alcoholism.

Oh god, lol. This is priceless.

Maybe I should have added a smiley to help the sarcastically blind.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    In a day and age when a crap load of people are fighting to make marijuana legal you want to complain about smoking?  Sometimes the logic of people is amazing.  Smoke is smoke in your lungs both have now been shown to contribute to lung cancer.  Frankly if people want to smoke who are you to tell them to stop.  I understand controlling where but it is pure stupidity to think that picture is going to cause more smoking.  Sexy, drugs, alcohol, smoking are all in the games, but you feel offended by that picture.  If anything you have drawn more attention to it.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

He's not actually smoking, he's just lighting a cigarette. 

I downloaded the trial version of StarCraft 2 as something to distract myself just after I quit smoking. You only have access to Terrans. Half the fucking Terran unit portraits are smoking cigarettes or cigars. God dammit Blizzard.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    They should also remove all the taverns from the fantasy MMOs, it just promotes alcoholism.

Oh god, lol. This is priceless.

Maybe I should have added a smiley to help the sarcastically blind.

Surely you know I'm laughing at the post because of the sarcasm. :)

I want a recognised sarcasm font, although I would probably be permabanned after a week.

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    This thread shouldn't exist. OP, if you care that much about that ad being there, pay the costs of replacing it with whatever you feel apropriate. If not, don't complain about it.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

What about all the killing in games?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Nah killing is fine. 

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Originally posted by waynejr2

It's not killing though!  They respawn after a few minutes! :)

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

The funniest part is that someone reported him. 

WE GOT OURSELVES A BADASS OVER HERE.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Eir_S

The funniest part is that someone reported him. 

WE GOT OURSELVES A BADASS OVER HERE.

But what could they have reported them for? Is random spam an option? lol

I don't know, the best I can think of is that they ASSUME he's trolling.  Otherwise, there's no reason to report anyone for saying they're offended.  Unless you can prove they're trolling.  Which... you can't.  Unless you ask.

Eyelolled, were you trolling? lol

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Murugan
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Are... are you serious?

You know, I went to the doctor the other day for a checkup. My cholesterol was fine, but my blood pressure was through the roof. My doctor and I couldn't figure out why, but I think you've solved the riddle for us because when I see such a ridiculous, politically correct, nonsensical complaint like this it takes every ounce of willpower I have to keep blood from shooting out of my ears.

SERIOUSLY?!?

This makes me want to go buy a pack of cigarettes, stand outside of your house, and SMOKE.

My God, I just... just... I've got nothing else to say that won't get me permabanned. Have a good day.

Pretty sure it was joking about people complaining about other ads.

However, according to professionals who study this for their work, and make more money than you do, and make important public safety recommendations on their findings, smoking is, in fact, harmful to peoples health.

Feel free to smoke, but don't do it near me.  I don't want cancer because of your inability to control your addiction.  When people smoke close to me I INTENTIONALLY have a huge cough directed at their face.  They always get offended, and I tell them they caused much worse to me before my cough offended them.

In any event, it was a joke, so calm down and laugh.  Your blood pressure is through the roof because you have no sense of humor and frequently overreact to minor things, I'd imagine.

You realize that unless you are in a tightly closed space that this "poison" is equally as harmful to you as dozens of other contaminents released into the air by buses, cars, etc. etc.

However while we are on the topic of health:

I think you are going to do that to someone on the wrong day and they are going to knock your teeth out, I'd advise you to be less rude to complete strangers if you are so concerned about your personal health.

^^ Made my day. Thank you

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I started writing a response then I figured I better not, lol.   But I agree this is terrific.   I think I am going to light up after looking at this ad, maybe I can be as cool as that guy.

I too started to respond then thought twice because it wouldn't had been good.  I think the ad is fine however. 

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by eyelolled

A lot of people get offended about different things, and what bothers me is the guy smoking in the background.  Smoking is a killer, and it shouldn't be advertised like it is.  Too many signs showing the handsome rebellious bad bay  lighting up, or the gorgeous goth punk girl taking a drag.  Why can't we show them coughing up phlegm, or too weak to excercise?  

Please quit allowing people to portray smoking in a positive way on your website.

Thank you.

I'm going to have a cigarette now just because you pointed this out, thanks a lot guy,

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Aslong as we can whine about something.

people here dont even whine about things they actually care about they just whine to be little b....h.

I wouldnt even care if all of them were doing heroin its a fking drawning of a game. You see smoking every day in your normal life and frankly the game devs tried to potray humans and humans suck on cancer sticks, deal with it.

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

I agree this is one of the best discussions I've replied to. But you did fail to mention they need to not show ads with weapons, spells and violence as well. This could entice people to want to go out and throw fireballs at other peoples faces which just shouldn't be the messege an mmo or any game should promote. :)

Peace

Lascer

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    What an amazing idea! Because we all base our lifestyles on video game ads right? Remember those WoW ads from a few months back reminding us to wear hats outside when it's cold? They worked, I didn't get a cold! I think the op is really onto something here!
  • wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by eyelolled

A lot of people get offended about different things, and what bothers me is the guy smoking in the background.  Smoking is a killer, and it shouldn't be advertised like it is.  Too many signs showing the handsome rebellious bad bay  lighting up, or the gorgeous goth punk girl taking a drag.  Why can't we show them coughing up phlegm, or too weak to excercise?  

Please quit allowing people to portray smoking in a positive way on your website.

Thank you.

Grow up is all i can say, so whats next ? facial piercings? tatoos? jeez.

This discussion has been closed.