Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Storylines

ProkaryotikProkaryotik Edmonton, ABPosts: 38Member
I've briefly played through the tutorial to this game and am REALLY intrigued but I don't see me logging in just to repetitively spy on other schools, steal scrolls, kidknap, fish, farm, cook. All awesome the first couple times around but is that it? Just jump in and do what you want of those activities? Get cultivation points and seek scrolls for bigger and better moves?



I guess my question is, in the overview it boasts six unique storylines. Are they any good? Are they long? I see all the aforementioned elements as great alternatives to fed ex and kill quests and am wondering if you just have to invest some time before the world really comes alive. Like I said, I'm super intrigued but I want the world to be intricately woven in a drama, I'm not an RPer.

Comments

  • SenanSenan Tuscaloosa, ALPosts: 783Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik
    I've briefly played through the tutorial to this game and am REALLY intrigued but I don't see me logging in just to repetitively spy on other schools, steal scrolls, kidknap, fish, farm, cook. All awesome the first couple times around but is that it? Just jump in and do what you want of those activities? Get cultivation points and seek scrolls for bigger and better moves?

    I guess my question is, in the overview it boasts six unique storylines. Are they any good? Are they long? I see all the aforementioned elements as great alternatives to fed ex and kill quests and am wondering if you just have to invest some time before the world really comes alive. Like I said, I'm super intrigued but I want the world to be intricately woven in a drama, I'm not an RPer.

    I think what you need to keep in mind with this game is that it is primarily a pvp game, in pretty much every sense. Just about every thing you do in the game is designed with the intention of putting you face to face with opposing players, so that you can "make your own content" by fighting others. It's unfortunate, but the pve side of the game is apparently sorely lacking (I'm not very far myself, but this is what I always hear), so if you prefer content developed for pve players, this game probably won't stay interesting for you very long. As a player who also loves some good pve content, I can feel you pain, and it's pretty much the only disappointment I have with the game so far (well, aside from not having many ways to specialize your character.)

    I'm hoping they might have plans to flesh out the pve side of the game a bit eventually for those of us that enjoy it, but I doubt it's a priority for them.

    image
  • ProkaryotikProkaryotik Edmonton, ABPosts: 38Member
    Originally posted by Seilan
    I think what you need to keep in mind with this game is that it is primarily a pvp game, in pretty much every sense. Just about every thing you do in the game is designed with the intention of putting you face to face with opposing players, so that you can "make your own content" by fighting others. It's unfortunate, but the pve side of the game is apparently sorely lacking (I'm not very far myself, but this is what I always hear), so if you prefer content developed for pve players, this game probably won't stay interesting for you very long. As a player who also loves some good pve content, I can feel you pain, and it's pretty much the only disappointment I have with the game so far (well, aside from not having many ways to specialize your character.)I'm hoping they might have plans to flesh out the pve side of the game a bit eventually for those of us that enjoy it, but I doubt it's a priority for them.
    And I understand your point. Just for me, It makes me WANT to pvp more when there is some sort of purpose and when there is just simply an NPC with an icon over his head saying steal a scroll from this school so we can be better than them... that doesn't really turn my crank. But if there is some sort of back story of, "Hey the Emei have been dicks to us for hundreds of years and this is how..." and you go through a little chain showing how that is true then hey I want to teach them a lesson. I just hoped that was present in this world because when I enter this game I just want to learn more about the world while enjoying some PvP. It just seems like such a rich world and I wouldn't want it to go to waste.
  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member
    as You probably noticed storylines are delivered in chapters, atm BD should get 2nd chapter, even in china they got only 2 chapters atm so its not much + getting each next chapter require meeting certain requirements
  • zzx81zzx81 singaporePosts: 53Member

    Read what i had posted in the AoW forums earlier

     

    {

    This game is not the normal treadmill mmorpg where you grind on quests to max level moving from quest hub to hub.
    The story in this game only serve as a introduction to the game from its exp and silver coins gained. This game is mainly about learning more new skills, PVP in spying, PVP in mount hua, PVP in battlefield, PVP in open area and getting a bounty and/or landing in a jail, PVP in guild wars, PVP in school wars, dungeon instance with PVP elements. Or just do crafting.
    The quest are plentyful in the world but it is up to you to find out which quest gives better reward.
    And all mobs in the open world drops nothing useful except some cloths for tailoring. Nor the NPC sell any items that are of much use in combat.

    Chapter 2 starts when you have your 3rd school inner at lvl30 if you wanna know.

    Looking for a PVE centric game? please look elsewhere

    }

  • ProkaryotikProkaryotik Edmonton, ABPosts: 38Member
    I never said I wanted a PvE centric game. Why when you bring up anything about a well delivered story do people immediately say, "It's a PvP game and if you don't like it fuck off." I like PvP, and I look forward to doing it, just motivates me more and makes me feel more immersed in the world if I am actually explained what the world is all about. My point is, if you took all the elements of this game: spying, stealing scrolls, kidnapping, flying skills, etc.. gave us guns, set it in western europe in modern day, the game would essentially be the same. It would function the same, different music, different text, different graphics. THATS IT. Only reason its skinned the way it is is to give credence to the mechanics as they are based off conventional martial arts. Same stuff with guns and modern day would be weird but it wouldn't change the outcomes in the game at all because this game is about WHAT you do, not WHY you do it. All I want is a little immersion to get into the game and help put some motivation behind completing the pvp tasks. I'm not looking for a PvE centric game.
  • free2playfree2play Toronto, ONPosts: 1,868Member Uncommon

    The short and sweet version then, there is no difference in the story lines.

    Different towns. Different means to an end.

    In one line you come to the aid of a damsel in distress, get clubbed from behind, end up in a well. In another you mine some ore, a collapse happens, you end up in a well. In another you get mugged, end up in a well. See the pattern?

  • rodingorodingo Posts: 2,346Member Uncommon

    I'm not sure if you tried joining a guild, but that alone can open up more content to you.  Specially if you are in a decent sized guild that has enemies, where chances are if it's decent sized they will have enemies and maybe even allies.  By being in a guild you will be able to do caravan escorts which can be either very boring, or very tense depending on a lot of variables that it's almost hard to tell if your particular escort run will be a nice 10 minute walk in the woods or a fight for your life as you are trying to defend it against players trying to rob it.  That's right, NPCs wont mess with you, but a rival guild or anyone feeling spunky for that matter might try to rob it, after they have left you bleeding out on the side of the road.  That's one example. Plus being in a guild will open up guild wars to where you have to defend your guild base that's an actual piece of land in the game world or attack an enemie's.  Or you might be called on by your allies to help attack or defend with them.  I'm not sure what server you are on or have tried, but on White Tiger lines were quickly drawn and open world warefare erupted since launch day a little over a week ago between the top major guilds.  Since then I have been in two guild wars that were declared by my guild and our rivals as well as gone to the defense of at least 3 other allies and their wars just in the course of a little over a week.  These are battles that envolve 100s of players on both sides.  Reasons are popping up every day for pvp'ing for my guild and our allies.

    Sure the game has some issues, and what game doesn't?   I won't try to pretend Age of Wushu is perfect by any means, but for pvp'ers that prefer skill over gear, this is definitely one to play.  This game shares a lot of similar concepts with Eve, but with actual animated avatars and more than just a skybox to play in.

    "If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by free2play

    The short and sweet version then, there is no difference in the story lines.

    Different towns. Different means to an end.

    In one line you come to the aid of a damsel in distress, get clubbed from behind, end up in a well. In another you mine some ore, a collapse happens, you end up in a well. In another you get mugged, end up in a well. See the pattern?

    Well that's how you get your first flight skill. From there(first couple) they're all different. If you decided to slow yourself down and follow the story, they aren't half bad, real grimmy, poisons and treachory. 

  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member
    @free2play  thats tutorial, storyline start later and each is different
Sign In or Register to comment.