Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Token System Reverts to Original

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During PAX East, Gazillion Entertainment announced that players would receive additional playable heroes as rewards for completing specific tasks. This was a change to the original system that would allow players to use tokens to purchase the heroes they wanted. As a direct result of player feedback, however, the original "purchase at will" system has been reinstated.

After receiving feedback from the Marvel Heroes community, Gazillion will now continue with its original plan for in-game purchasable content, which allows players to buy specific heroes and costumes of their choosing after the game’s release. More details will be released before launch. Gazillion wants to thank the Marvel Heroes community for their feedback that helps the team develop a great Marvel MMO for fans and gamers around the world.

Find out more about Marvel Heroes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Good move by Gazillion!
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Interesting. I'm wondering how they will make up for the loss of potential revenue. Probably they will make the heroes more expensive.
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Cool Beans
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Interesting. I'm wondering how they will make up for the loss of potential revenue. Probably they will make the heroes more expensive.

They would of lost money doing it the other way. People were pretty outraged. The thing about Marvel is there's 4000+ heroes and fans for every one. If they want more money all they have to do is add new heroes.

I think the biggest issue this game is going to have is actual content. Keeping people playing to want to buy the new heroes will have a bigger effect on their profit than changing it from the lame token system trying to get the few that will play those silly loto/rng things trying to get the hero they want.

Being a free to play game this is probably going to end up as a rolercoaster population that comes and goes with new story content.

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Thank you!
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by DamonVile

They would of lost money doing it the other way. People were pretty outraged. The thing about Marvel is there's 4000+ heroes and fans for every one. If they want more money all they have to do is add new heroes.

I think the biggest issue this game is going to have is actual content. Keeping people playing to want to buy the new heroes will have a bigger effect on their profit than changing it from the lame token system trying to get the few that will play those silly loto/rng things trying to get the hero they want.

Being a free to play game this is probably going to end up as a rolercoaster population that comes and goes with new story content.

The part is yellow is key to this game imo.  I feel a small story arc for each toon would help a lot when playing another character.

Running the same area 400 times is going to get OLD real fast.

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

The best way they could really clinch in a "win" on this game? FOCUS ON PVP. LOTS AND LOTS OF PVP MAPS.

I'm being honest. If you devs for this game is reading this, FOCUS ON THE PVP and create a million maps. People will be hooked for ages. We all love marvel and we all love PVP and killing each other (lol) so please do that!

Also if you can find a way to earn mats for crafting for pvp and have pvp-only mats and pvp-only crafting you would clinch a majority of the market waiting on a good pvp game.

I'm quite serious.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by wesjr

The part is yellow is key to this game imo.  I feel a small story arc for each toon would help a lot when playing another character.

Agreed there, but I'm still hoping for harder difficulty levels like in D2.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Agreed there, but I'm still hoping for harder difficulty levels like in D2.

People do that whole running the same area 400 times in PVP games easily.

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

I am hoping for the game to have different game tiers (difficulties) and hardcore mode. Also hoping for things like PoE races. These will help a whole lot for me though their races will have to be different since the game is large player areas with specific instances for story battles. 

I have fun just joining up and helping others get through their instances even if I have completed them just because it is fun to beat things up and feel heroic. I think PvP will not be what I play but if I have friends wanting to play then I would be happy to jump on and bash some skulls. Diablo and the clones are all too dark for me. I hope that the endgame content is cool as well. 

I remember watching one of the panels (think NY Comicon) and they said that they are working with Marvel to incorporate Marvel comics storylines plus create some original stuff that might go to the comics. I hope that this is something that is regular content and not something that happens every 6 months to a year.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

you do realize it's a diablo style game right? this is prettty much all you do in these types of games

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Although I purchased the Ultimate Pack I know people who will be playing this come June who chose not to buy any founders packs and be very thankful they won't get stuck with a hero they might not enjoy as much through a random token. Marvel Heroes has a nice feel like D2 so the future dlc will definitely call for more heroes (Ghost Rider too I hope) with extra costumes plus new chapters.
  • tenebrusmke7tenebrusmke7 Member CommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Merklynn
    Although I purchased the Ultimate Pack I know people who will be playing this come June who chose not to buy any founders packs and be very thankful they won't get stuck with a hero they might not enjoy as much through a random token. Marvel Heroes has a nice feel like D2 so the future dlc will definitely call for more heroes (Ghost Rider too I hope) with extra costumes plus new chapters.

Even if they wanted to do that, they won't be able to do it, since all Founder's Packs are going to be sold up until May 27th, the day before Ultimate founders can play the game officially.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Dihoru

People do that whole running the same area 400 times in PVP games easily.

In pvp the people are the content. If you never knew what a boss was going to do or where they were, pve content would be much more repeatable.