Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Themepark with Great Story

ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38
Title. Preferably f2p. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

I recommend trying out FFXIV:ARR when it launches (or just apply to beta now).  Version 1.x had a pretty great story after Yoshida took over, which setup the remake nicely.

Here are trailers from the end of 1.x, and then the prologue for ARR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h542YbZuwkQ&feature=youtu.be

It is not F2P (I mean the beta would be free) however.

• ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38
    I watched a couple videos on it, seemed cool. I'll have to check it out! Haven't played any final fantasy, is that going to be a problem?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

to enjoy any final fantasy you dont need to play the others (maybe only X-2 which is direct sequel to X, and XIII-2 which is direct sequel to XIII). Nothing else.

AS for themeparks with good story i can only think of WoW (not free), GW2 (buy only the box, then play free forever), and SWTOR (limitations for free players are awful but you can enjoy the whole personal story for free which seems to be good).

Also, maybe LOTRO since the lore is the lord of the rings, but i personally dont like the classes so its up to you.

The Secret World has a good story based on lovecraftian stuff. And Age of Conan, hey, its Conan.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    The Secret World actually has a pretty cool story. It's the game's main selling point and they build on it with montly "issues".
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    The Secret World actually has a pretty cool story. It's the game's main selling point and they build on it with montly "issues".

ah you beat me to it...

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Oh yea GW2 has a lot of story in it too and they are of course constantly building on that. They have massive amounts of content and updates in that game. Plus with the free trial going this weekend you can give it a try for free (can get a free trial key from MMORPG.com).
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    EverQuest II I'd say...
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Swtor has gone f2p. They have different class stories as well.

The combat as in a traditional mmo stye for a theme park is well done.

Good story and good combat that fits the role of the class. 

You might want to check them out.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Beerman27Beerman27 Member Posts: 23
    Dont think there are to many MMOs with a great story, most are rather Generic story lines, I liked SWTOR its story kept me playing all the way to max level  just to see what happens next. Cant say any other titles have done the same.
  • kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    LOTRO (epic quest line is great imo)
  • ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

I have GW2 and SWTOR. GW2's mechanics are great but the story telling is just plain boring. 

I took up SWTOR right after giving up WoW and was looking for WoW +1 and it wasn't there. Perhaps I'll try another class for something fresh... we shall see how quickly I get bored of killing ten rats however.

Everquest 2, anyone else like this one?

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik
    Title. Preferably f2p. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

SWToR, it is f2p(or at least being advertized as free).

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Nothing really beats the story telling that Lotro has. The epic story line is great but as for the rest of the game goes at this point its meh.  If you like star wars then i gues swtor would be ok but the rest of that game is also meh.  The same for secret world, great story and questing but its meh also at endgame. If you want the complete package then i would say go with FFXIV once its fully released. The story is intersting and the end game is solid.
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Swtor hands down.