Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should they remove the race restrictions on factions?

2»

Comments

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by mxo_cosa

This is why I was suggesting heavy penalties on progression for picking a race thats not of that faction. I personaly would just cut everything in half, half the septims, half the xp and so on. But Zenimax Online probably got good math people to find the perfect balance if they were to go with such a system.

I kind of thought the same thing, but instead of penalties they offer perks for joining the planned factions.

On a side note, I always thought it would be cool to make players walk all the way to the other faction (through Cyrodill) as a low level and attackable by everyone.  The people who make it can join another faction but it wouldn't be as easy as just picking another alliance.  People who hate the idea of open factions can watch the borders on their own time to prevent lowbies from crossing over.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by sapphen
    Originally posted by mxo_cosa

This is why I was suggesting heavy penalties on progression for picking a race thats not of that faction. I personaly would just cut everything in half, half the septims, half the xp and so on. But Zenimax Online probably got good math people to find the perfect balance if they were to go with such a system.

I kind of thought the same thing, but instead of penalties they offer perks for joining the planned factions.

On a side note, I always thought it would be cool to make players walk all the way to the other faction (through Cyrodill) as a low level and attackable by everyone.  The people who make it can join another faction but it wouldn't be as easy as just picking another alliance.  People who hate the idea of open factions can watch the borders on their own time to prevent lowbies from crossing over.

Lol. I actually like that. I have to stop being so agreeable today. Got a reputation to uphold and all that...

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I still think they need to remove the race restrictions on the factions, so you can be any race you want, and join any faction you want kinda like skyrim, sure the other races are kinda shunned a bit but you can still get in if you prove yourself, if they don't the game is not going to sell as well as they hoped because there are alot of people that dislike the racial groupings, There will be situations where some peoples friends will wanna be one race but some others might not like that race, and in turn if they wanna be with friends they will have to play a race they dislike. In a ES game I personally go more for looks on my char, than stats, so I am usually playing a female human, or a female elf if they don't look like mutants. Especally in a game like a mmo where your going to possibly be playing the same char for a long time.

Is this one issue of locking races so bad that you won't purchase the game?  If so, then I don't think you have a high interest in this game.

Believe it or not that is one of the main things that is making it look like we (The friends and family I normally play with) won't be purchasing it. Several people are going to have to make compromises and play races they don't want to play in order for us all to be able to play together. Its like someone in your group of gaming friends having to play healer when no one wants to be healer lol. It sucks not being able to be what you want just so you can play with the friends and family you've been playing with for years. 

I like Bretons, my son likes Kahjiit, my daughter likes Argonian and my wife doesn't like PvP and feels the focus is going to be on PvP due to all the news about the RvR (Tried telling her otherwise but the news shes seen has mostly focused on RvR). Thats not even getting into the guild we normally play with thats debating on passing since it would split the guild up. Probably going to end up playing Wildstar instead. 

If we could play with each other in PvE and have the races being faction locked only for PvP that would go a long ways but its not. 

I know to many that tend to take these MMOs as a solo experience and haven't built up ties or don't tend to play with friends or family that this can seem like a non issue. To guilds and those with family and friends that play together this is a hinderance. Not to all, but I don't think my guild, friends, and family are the only ones that find this to be an issue. 

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

I know to many that tend to take these MMOs as a solo experience and haven't built up ties or don't tend to play with friends or family that this can seem like a non issue. To guilds and those with family and friends that play together this is a hinderance. Not to all, but I don't think my guild, friends, and family are the only ones that find this to be an issue. 

I got the same situation here with friends and family. Unlike many who saw the leaked footage I thought it wasn't so bad and I did get a certain ES vibe. I could see myself enjoying this, IF they give the option to play with others regardless of race choice.