Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mature and friendly ingame Community....wheres best to go?

2»

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    • Minecraft
    • Lotro

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by PAL-18
    • Minecraft
    • Lotro

Ya when it comes down to it, it's either LoTro or Eve. Depending on your genre interests. Of course there are many other games that have decent communities, but these are the best that I have experienced.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Had to reply to this lots of listed I would not class as mature you still get people who flame and troll in almost every game listed. To be totally honest there has only ever been one game that I loved just for the community alone and that was WW2 Online. Small but mature community for the most part. More mature than the ones listed at least. Then again get with a good long running mature guild and you are pretty much set for any game to have a good time.

I do not play WW2 Online any more but from when I played the community was helpful and pretty mature. Probably what actually kept me playing for years on end. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't know about modern games so much, but a general rule of thumb for me.

The more important gear is, the worse the community is.

E.g. coh and daoc had the best comunitues I've played with.

Wow has the worst.

EQ makes this point better than most, in vanilla it was a more inclusive and fun game. As they added expansions and gear became more and more important the community drifted towards the wow style elitist jerk mentality.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Also eve and uo are the weird ones. They simultaneously managed to have both the best of community and the worst of community at the same time, but I guess that's the nature of a full on sandbox.
  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    It's not an mmo, but the worst community in an online game that I have experienced would have to be Heroes of Newerth. That game is just a clusterf*ck of assholes, trolls, and wanna be internet thugs. I am seriously suprised everytime I meet a decent person in that game lol.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Also eve and uo are the weird ones. They simultaneously managed to have both the best of community and the worst of community at the same time, but I guess that's the nature of a full on sandbox.

To me, that's an indication of a virtual world working as intended. If everyone in your game world is getting along fine then you either have a creepy inhuman hivemind going on or very little actual interaction between players. Spiider's "My team is awesome but everyone else is a douchebag" post is a great example of human behaviour that is going to take place in an MMO. The key is providing the means by which each person can find those with the same criteria for awesome, and giving them tools to poke pointy digital sticks at the ones they collectively deem are the douchebags.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MrSchnuffiMrSchnuffi Member Posts: 25
    I would say Age of Conan, the average age may be somewhere between 20 and 30. And since everybody is used to join teamspeak for dungeons and raids people behave really civilized. Of course there are some chat trolls too but which game is free of them?
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Guild Wars 2 hands down. I have played tons of mmos and this community is ridiculously good. No biasism here. Im actually not a fan of GW2 at all but the community is amazing.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by DonY81

It is becoming an ever more present problem as i play games that im finding that people are getting more immature. Its probably because i am infact getting older and gamers are of course getting younger. When i started gaming most people had manners and if a person or novice was in need of some help they would offer it. I remember WOW 6 - 7 years ago and everyone seemed helpful enough. I played SMITE earlier 2 games and arguments were breaking out. I played TERA for a bit after finally getting my old acc back. All i said ingame was "hi all ive not played since release" and got "nobody  cares", go away blablabla.

Where has all this come from?

So my question is to you where the fuck is there a mature community in a game because ill be honest i cannot hack kids or immature behaviour. Im getting a bit long in the tooth to go in a game and get ripped out or cussed at.

Hows GW2 community, can someone name a community where the spirit is supporting and friendly not a bunch of asshole elitists. I would infact e keen on joining a age 25+ community. Is there a EURO community of this sort?

Thanks

Don

LoTR Landroval server use to be top notch when I played years ago.

It is still a great community. The best that I have ever experienced in an MMO.