Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why i can't buy level in MMORPG ?

2»

Comments

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

In DDO they have several in game mechanics to have you gain xp faster than normal.

1.) They have pots you can buy from the DDO store where you get bonus xp for several hours, like 50% for 3 hours.

2.)  VIP/paid subscriber can open any quest on elite, its a harder difficulty, but gives you more experience than a normal quest.  After doing 5 elite quests, you get a streak where you earn 50% more xp than a normal quest, if its your first quest in and no one in the quest is above the level limit of the quest.  Also free to play players who TR'ed there characters twice can open quests for that character on Elite.

3.)  Stone of experience let people 8th to 15th go to 16th level.  So using the stone of xp let you jump levels from 8th to 16th just by using the stone.  They did this for newer players who wanted the enjoyment of the new expansion they had out that without the grind of leveling up, since the expansion was minimum of 16th level to get into the new lands.  Eventually stone of xp was removed from normal gameplay, but they add it back in the ddo store occasionally.

4)  If the above methods of getting xp isn't enough, they also offer lesser and greater tomes of xp that are attached one of your characters that lets you earn even more XP than normal.

5)  in game there is two items you can wear that let you get 5% more xp, together they give DM's Vision.  There are pots you can earn in the Cannith Challenges that lets you earn experience faster, but its probably faster to just run quests than run challenges for xp pots.  the cannith challenges are a useful place to get one of a kind items hard to get elsewhere.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Asheron's call had XP as a tradable.  Gaerlon's Swords were an example.  Then they had people joining in exp groups as people turned in olthoi tails.  As time passed there were other exp consumables you could acquire.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

Some people talk like you can't buy exp with real money.

Wasn't there are account sell/buy in every game ?

Isn't it a form of buy exp with real life money ?

You can buy everything in game if you have real money , RMT ready exist from early time of MMOs

Aren't Gold are same with EXP , you need to play game to get them.

Only diffrence between them are tradable and untradable.

And my question are if you mix 2 of them in 1 , what will turn out. A game with no exp and in game gold act as EXP

use gold to level up instead of EXP.

I want to know how you think gameplay will turn out if it happen.

Not something like

"here is a great example why most modern MMO's struggle and fail I feel."

Ect ect ....

And gold type i talk about are [in game gold] , not real life money

maybe my Eng are bad so you don't understand what i mean

I don't play EVE so i don't know how in game money system of EVE work, but it seem like interest.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by TheJoda

......here is a great example why most modern MMO's struggle and fail I feel.   Why would you want to buy levels?  The journey should be a important part of the game and journey.  Its this RUSH to end concept so you can PVP and RAID that causes these games to fail.

I don't think you understand the OP. He's talking about buying levels iwth ingame resources, not real life money.

An example would be Asheron's Call, where you can turn in trophy items for XP. Players buy and sell them from each other in AC. Ex: http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Popular_Trophies

While the OP is suggesting gold directly, I prefer the AC style as there is more gameplay and interaction in the process.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Money can buy you a textbook, but it can't put the textbook into your brain.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I don't think you understand the OP. He's talking about buying levels iwth ingame resources, not real life money.

I thought so too until I encountered his followup post, just above yours ... although maybe I'm getting lost in the anology he's trying to make?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Game companies have to stop adding levels to their mmos. Character progression doesnt necessarily mean filling up an experience bar and climbing up a stair of numbers called levels, much less purchasing them.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by maplestone
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I thought so too until I encountered his followup post, just above yours ... although maybe I'm getting lost in the anology he's trying to make?

Yeah, that one seemed to confuse things more than clarify them as he states "And gold type i talk about are [in game gold] , not real life money" but his examples in the same reply are about using real life money, not in game money.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre