Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

New Server 4th server - RedPoenix

bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon

Age of Wushu is Rolling along so well, that we are opening a fourth server this weekend.

Red Phoenix is launching at 11:00 AM PDT, Saturday, April 13, for all players looking to start fresh from the ashes or are a new player joining the red hot epic in its opening weekend. 

All LAUNCH EVENTS planned for White Tiger and Black Tortoise will also go into effect for Red Phoenix as this is a new server coinciding with launch.

We are also excited to open the new server for all those coming to the game later in the month on April 23rd, coinciding with the retail launch of Age of Wushu atGameStop stores across the US. More information on this to come.

Thanks again for the amazing reviews, reception, and response to the Free-To-Play MMO that is creating buzz everywhere we look. Head to the forums and start recruiting for the Red Phoenix server or hop back onto the other servers and keep training towards that masterful position in-game. The choice of servers and everything else is yours in Age of Wushu!

Comments

• SenanSenan Tuscaloosa, ALPosts: 783Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bcbully

Age of Wushu is Rolling along so well, that we are opening a fourth server this weekend.

Red Phoenix is launching at 11:00 AM PDT, Saturday, April 13, for all players looking to start fresh from the ashes or are a new player joining the red hot epic in its opening weekend. 

All LAUNCH EVENTS planned for White Tiger and Black Tortoise will also go into effect for Red Phoenix as this is a new server coinciding with launch.

We are also excited to open the new server for all those coming to the game later in the month on April 23rd, coinciding with the retail launch of Age of Wushu atGameStop stores across the US. More information on this to come.

Thanks again for the amazing reviews, reception, and response to the Free-To-Play MMO that is creating buzz everywhere we look. Head to the forums and start recruiting for the Red Phoenix server or hop back onto the other servers and keep training towards that masterful position in-game. The choice of servers and everything else is yours in Age of Wushu!

Wow, didn't really expect them to open another server already. I guess the initial influx was a bit more than they expected. I only hope it doesn't drop substantially afterwards, due to the learning curve that many people seem to have a hard time grasping (I like it personally.)

I'm curious about that, "We are also excited to open the new server for all those coming to the game later in the month on April 23rd..." part. Are they still talking about Red Phoenix, or are they planning on opening a 5th server on the 23rd? I'd assume "the new server" would be referring to RP, but with the fairly common grammatical errors, it's hard to know for sure.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon
    Wow, would that mean 5? RedPoenix is open now.  April 23 is three days after the df:uw releaase :p
  • SenanSenan Tuscaloosa, ALPosts: 783Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Wow, would that mean 5? RedPoenix is open now.  April 23 is three days after the df:uw releaase :p

Yeah, I'm confused by the wording. I mean, it would kind of make more sense that they mean they are opening a new server for the 23rd in-store release, otheriwse, why would they single out Red Phoenix as a "fresh server" considering it's only a few days newer than the other two? By the time the 23rd comes around, all three of them will have been out for well over a week, so it wouldn't seem like it would make much difference which server new players picked.

On the other hand, you would think 4 servers would be plenty, but I guess they could be opening more for lag purposes *shrug*. Guess we'll see what happens.