Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok why is everyone running like crazy?

13»

Comments

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Sadly that's why this title will only entice a few in the long run. For me at least it seems in most games today (even if you watch previews and reviews ) skip skip skip, woot xp! ding! ....hey where is the end game? Oh the story what story?

Being neverwinter is emphises upon the foundry, anyone that puts in any amount of real work (just like sto was) will find people going for the instant gratification of fast missions, easy xp and goods. The experiance in gaming is over, that is why most if not all MMO's will fail. Only thing that can even keep a pace is pvp concepts, at least the player is forced to slow down :)

Sorry to be all negative, I had hopes but I figured the same thing that happend in STO will happen here. Don't take me wrong, in STO some of my foundry missions took top ratings (beyond some of my typo issues) , however it was only a handfull that actually read the story and did the plots. I just don't see devoting time to the game as I attempted in STO , for in the end it will be what I said above. The only game so far that has come close to doing this right is D&D online, i just don't care for their pay structure sense they went free to play. The only reason I don't play it today.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by chaintm

Sadly that's why this title will only entice a few in the long run. For me at least it seems in most games today (even if you watch previews and reviews ) skip skip skip, woot xp! ding! ....hey where is the end game? Oh the story what story?

Being neverwinter is emphises upon the foundry, anyone that puts in any amount of real work (just like sto was) will find people going for the instant gratification of fast missions, easy xp and goods. The experiance in gaming is over, that is why most if not all MMO's will fail. Only thing that can even keep a pace is pvp concepts, at least the player is forced to slow down :)

Sorry to be all negative, I had hopes but I figured the same thing that happend in STO will happen here. Don't take me wrong, in STO some of my foundry missions took top ratings (beyond some of my typo issues) , however it was only a handfull that actually read the story and did the plots. I just don't see devoting time to the game as I attempted in STO , for in the end it will be what I said above. The only game so far that has come close to doing this right is D&D online, i just don't care for their pay structure sense they went free to play. The only reason I don't play it today.

i still play sto for the awesome seasons missions, and the foundery versions (when someone goes to a ton of effort and makes a dev grade mission with plot, intrigue, and all around awesomeness).  im not the only one either.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

There are many players in STO who like and play diplomatic missions.

Its just that the rating system is twisted so that a minority of disgruntled players can twist the ratings into 3-star zone by unfair and biased reviews. That is why authors are concerned about those players and talk about it more.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

OP i hear you and agree.

Actually when i recently tried to go back to WoW i was greeted by the new reality that everyone levels with the dungeon finder Queue and you're basically made to choose between questing in an empty world (since everyone is in dungeons) or doing dungeon speedruns.

or option 3, uninstall which i did....

i guess that's why i am subbed to eve all these years (only about 9 months unsubbed since 2007) because to do anything there of merit you're going to need others.

I do hope the next wave of games has a couple social ones, though

Itch

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins