Is Age of Wushu really as good as its hyped to be?

124»

Comments

• G0LDCEOG0LDCEO NY, NYMember Posts: 1

Some places worth a try.

First of all :Non-hierarchical?Dont have level System in this game?View others only see general introduction?This is

determined by the internal strength level , to what extent what strength?.

The second.Around the scenery is very good , worthy of appreciation ?like Mount Wudang , Emei Mountain , Shaolin 

Temple,they are all the Holy Land in the game,scenery great!

And the third,this game will give you a real wushu-age!

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIMember RarePosts: 9,159
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by bcbully
    I didn't know what an event was for my first month of play.... I mean there are always things to bitch about anything.  AoW has created TRUE dynamic events while others sold playes hype. Yet some will still complain.   You do not have to buy anything even cosmetics from the cash shop. People sell those cosmetics for 500 silver.  If you don't have 500 silver you are a new player, and shouldn't be worry about cosmetics anyways. If you just MUST have it, go ahead and buy it from the cash shop.    EVERYTHING that is in the cash shop is sold INGAME.

That may be so... but it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to generate enough unbound liang to keep up with the mid-high end PvP set without buying gold to convert. Even with a VIP acct, even playing 10-12 hours a day. And that is explicitly by design. Same thing with trying to be a high-end crafter. It is all a big funnel into the cash shop to buy gold to convert. And, this is the WORST game for gold selling spam, in the history of games with gold selling spam. The Worst.

Total bull.  I play at a pretty high level (not the best, but competitive) and I've NEVER bought gold.  Pretty much full silver gear with maximum stats in the areas I chose.

There are people with literally hundreds of dings.  You honestly think they spent thousands on dollars getting that?

(Before you answer, I know several of these people and the answer is no.)

Sure... it is possible if you farm for months and grind the stupid missions over and over and not spend anything ever, but try to generate a full crafter (esp weapons and armor) or someone that does PvP primarily and you'd see how bloody unlikely it is to keep up or get there without buying gold. You can't, really. Logically, would all the dozens and hundreds of gold spammers be there if there was no need to buy it? Yeah...........

Exactly, 5 months ago I was living day to day. I still remember how excited I was when I sold my first script for 400L, that was about 600L under priced, but w/e. Over those 5 months I learned hot to PLAY the game.  

Over time I learned, I'm not talking about recipes. I learned to craft, I learned my craft. How to make what and make a profit. How to price a script on the market. What's rare, and what people NEED. AoW is not a game where you level to cap in a week get full geared and kickass. It's just not that. This can't be stressed enough.

Now you want that weapon that cost 2D, and those pants that cost 1.5D? Mine some iron, make the intro recipe your shifu gives you when you gain the profession, and break it down. Sell 3 stacks of that a day for a week, then buy your gear. PvPr here, and living proof. 

Missions? What the heck are those? Quest? Why would you even do them? Really lol.

If you just have to have it now, go ahead and pay snail 100$. I'm sure they will love you for it. Just know you are gonna get your ass kicked just like you did before you payed that 100$ Play the game, or Pay the game it's your choice. 

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied -, WAMember UncommonPosts: 2,184
    If you only look at the superficial based on a couple days, then no, it would seem terrible.. If you look at the full package and some of the later content and social features, then it is a very deep and good mmorpg that appeals to the croud that likes the freedom to do many, many thing and do them when they want to. I was what you could call a disgrunted SWG vet in the bast. I had gotten over that a long time, but I am enjoying Age of Wushu just about as much as I did SWG vanilla.
  • NeoCroX997NeoCroX997 hoorMember UncommonPosts: 28

After 5 days I just understood all the activities in that game was not interesting enough to continue. It´s all about doing team practice all day to full fatigue. Most of the activties are build up the same way and some are only limited for a short period of time. I really tried to find something that would encourage me to find what stuff will hook me on. I really liked the landscape and the water, but on the other hand the character looks and npc looks really bad made. And for pve lovers, dont waste time on this, it´s build on open pvp. The crafting is limited each day. So to say the ideas are good but are badly made and not enough to do. You gotta love martial arts or wuxia  to like this game.

• JjixJjix Boston, MAMember UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by NeoCroX997
    After 5 days I just understood all the activities in that game was not interesting enough to continue. It´s all about doing team practice all day to full fatigue.

Lol . . . this post is so fail. "All about doing team practice all day . . . " Hahahaha! No wonder you left, get a clue.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIMember RarePosts: 9,159
    Originally posted by Jjix
    Originally posted by NeoCroX997
    After 5 days I just understood all the activities in that game was not interesting enough to continue. It´s all about doing team practice all day to full fatigue.

Lol . . . this post is so fail. "All about doing team practice all day . . . " Hahahaha! No wonder you left, get a clue.

5 days understood all the activities,  is the funny part :p

edit- OMG I see lmfao he solo TEAM practiced all day to get full fatigue! 

• jolly4realjolly4real Member CommonPosts: 4
    http://cosmicriftstudios.nodebb.com/topic/7/our-games-we-have-in-mind

they are planning to launch ts1 or ts2 or both vote now!