Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Age of Wushu really as good as its hyped to be?

Comments

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    AoW is good enough for me to play it instead of other more generic or traditional stuff.

I agree its better than the clones.  Only real problem i had was the combat and lack of combat related pve.  That and walking in expecting a sandbox and getting a themepark.

Certainly better than the trash clones though.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by BrownAle
    Originally posted by LeaningKidGoku
    I'm not trying to down the game, I was just thinking about playing it, but as the title says is the game really as good as its hyped up to be. I seen only little gameplay of the game but I was just asking for someone else's say on this topic?

Its got a nice linear auto pathed storyline for you to sleep through in case your wondering what sandbox would have such a thing...none would.

Get out the tutorial.... No really all you did here was tell everyone that you didnt make it out the tutorial. "nice linear story,"  too funny.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by bcbully
    I'm not trying to down the game, I was just thinking about playing it, but as the title says is the game really as good as its hyped up to be. I seen only little gameplay of the game but I was just asking for someone else's say on this topic?

Its got a nice linear auto pathed storyline for you to sleep through in case your wondering what sandbox would have such a thing...none would.

Get out the tutorial.... No really all you did here was tell everyone that you didnt make it out the tutorial. "nice linear story,"  too funny.

Agreed. Just another guy with an opinion on something he has no clue about. Sure are a lot of them around here.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by bestever

Its not a sandbox anymore than TSW was a sandbox..which it wasnt, dont let the sandbox hype fool you.  Its a themepark with a timed skill progression system ans TSW style character progression.

The game itself really is different though.  People tout the pvp as awesome, given the clunky and leathargic combat and what ive seen on livestreams of it..it looks standard.  Theres a bit more to it than most games which is good.

Other than that your looking at a game that gives you no reason to fight mobs, it has a TON of crafting and side tasks to do, your character does stuff while offline.  Its pretty cash shop dependant if you want to buy and sell with other character and progress faster in game.

This game has heaps of overhype behind it, not really sure where its comming from.  I was sold on this game as a kung fu snadbox with awesome combat.  I really didnt like the combat, not that there was a reason to combat outside of pvp, and that the sandbox was more a few game mechanics that could fit into a sandbox, still retaining NPC factions and linear storyline (with autopathing which made it really boring)...i felt like i was tricked sort of.

Its not a bad game, its just a lot of people here are selling it at any expense to people.  I urge caution.  You will like this game if you like pvp combat, a slow combat system, crafting and putzing around with non combat or pve related stuff.  Thats really all there is to it.  Its free, but youll notice you wont be able to t buy in game all but the most basic of items without forking over more than a p2p sub costs.

Its different, i give them props for that.  Wish people were more honest with the game though...but then i dont think a lot of people know what a sandbox is other than a buzzword that will get them postive attention, so they use it wherever they can ect.

The storylines not really that long and only shows you the ropes. Then you have your school storyline to learn your school skills. Thats about the only real quest in the game the rest are pretty much dailys. Its far from a themepark thats for sure. Why can't a sandbox have a storyline? I don't get that at all. Nothing wrong with a storyline.

Once you get done with the school quest is when the game really opens up into a sandbox, you pretty much can do what you want at that point. Isn't that what a sandbox is? Craft, kidnap, be a criminal and kill other players just don't get caught or you will go to jail and have the chance of getting you head chopped off if you become really bad(A friend can break you out of jail), you can be a good person and bring the bad players to justice, stop people from kidnapping other players and save the kidnapped one's. Well I could go on and on about what you can do in Wushu.  

The skill progression is miles from TSW's because you can't just spec into anything you need to find the book to learn other styles of combat and then lvl those skills. Sorry but TSW's system has nothing on age of wushu and shouldn't even be compared. It more like eve's system.

The combat is much better then it was in beta and you need to learn how to play your style of kung fu. Is it easy?  No but once you get it down its awsome. So I don't find the combat clunky at all and you need to be on your toes when pvping.

You're right on the pve aspect as you don't need to go kill 10 rats (thank god) but you will need to kill them for some quest if you choose to do them and they drop crafting mats. They have 6 man dungeons that are no joke and take some skill to finish. 

Also you don't need to pay a dime to play this game thats a lie. Its a good idea to buy the vip for a month which is only 9.99$ and allows you to have a stall while you're offline and lvl skills.

Well I say its a sandbox and I'm enjoying the game very much. 

Nice write-up. This guy definitely needed some educating. The "slow combat system" one really got me lol. I'm guessing he hasn't done jack in this game if he really believes that. Try just standing in one place while fighting as a Royal Guard using the Soul Chasing Claw set, for instance. You really have to be on your toes to effectively play many of the styles in pvp. Once you get the flying skills it's anything but "slow".

• MasterZedXMasterZedX Member UncommonPosts: 32

My computer blew up and i've been unable to play since like feb. I'm going through withdrawals because this game should've gotten the hype GW2 did and it would be known as one of the best mmos....but as off now i say it's the best underrated mmo. Seriously take your time to play it, because i myself quit when i first tried it because i was like "pish pash vip, psih pash people higher lvl than me, pish pash pvp so slow"... Then i got banned on LoL decided to try it again and i got hooked when i immersed myself in what the game truly was.

I'ts WORTH IT!!!! 

• Fubika24Fubika24 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Oh my , all the hate i see on this site towards the game is just woow. It is a sandbox game alright people claiming its about autopath questing have really no idea. The first hour or so its true , but that is beacuse its the tutorialwhich this game has a lot of.  I do agree that you have to put in a lot of time in order to be able to stay alive even. but a few pointers to those who couldnt get into the game:

-You are not forced to do spy missions for money and exp there are tons of other ways, as for school certificates you can also go to schoolwar and get more than what you make in 3 days.

-Professiona  has a daily exp cap and the higher you go the easier it get s to hit it(this goes for both gathering and crafting).

-The combat may feel clunky at first but its very tactical and higher levels it becomes more than just a guessing game you will be able to use you flying skills or just basic movement to dodge a lot of your enemies attacks( since a huge percentage of attacks are some sort of aoe rather than single target).

-Flying skills ARE AWESOME : these are well worth the effort it takes to get them, not only you look super cool running up a wall or running on water its incredibly useful in fights.

-There is PVE combat in the game there are mini instances(challenges), normal 6 man and 12 man raid instances as well(my only beef here is that there are huge level caps between them), and these are challenging since Bosses have unique abilities as well as different parry passives, a lot of movement strategy is involved if youre tackling the right instance for your level( not to mention player assasins to keep you on your toes)

I agree the game isnt perfect tons of glitches, BAD translation(like, seriously some zones have different names on the map and on the zones list), the open PVP can be pretty harsh since the game does have  levels and you dont stand a chance agansit someone who is much higher than you (then again why should you).

And probably the biggest reason i love this game is beacuse theres a 1000 times more interaction between players than in any other game i have seen. You do have to join a guild in order to be competitive tho, the systems in the game make it so that you wont survive for very long without one(imho its a good thing).

All in all the game is about player interactions in every aspect, if you get into the game with this mindset then i can assure you the game will be awesome.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Played it and found the game to be rather fun but sadly there just is to many systems in this game for me to understand and get into and not enough of what I look for in a game.  Such as Combat and Questing which is why I am looking forward to Neverwinter.  At this point in time I am not in the mood for a detailed and complex sandbox.  But if you are then AoW is very much a good game and I would recommend checking it out.

SUP

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

The game sux balls for the first day or so but when you play enough it finally opens gameplay wise and becomes a lot better.I don't think most people will be able to overcome "The Hump" though and it's not the perfect game some people evangelise it to be.

It has some unique ideas not all of which are implemented well and a lot outisde of those ideas is merely mediocre at best.However if you really dig soem of those unique ideas you will enjoy this game because those ideas can overcoem the mediocrity of the rest of the game.

I don't think it's gonna be a massive hit as soem of it's idead are quite niche as is it's setting outside of China where Wuxia is the most popular setting for well all media.But it should do well enough unless Snail games screw it up with an overly agressive microtransaction system....which given it's past is not promising but we'll see.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    i dont mean you OP but those people who say "i cant play computer game x,y,z because graphics suck" i can tell you, AoW is your dream come true,those graphics does not suck :>

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

No game ever made lives up to the hype. In fact, I think that is true about most things. 

Like, is "The Most Interesting Man in the World" REALLY that interesting?

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

everyone likes different things,

and the game is what u make it,

and i love it

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

I think Age Of Wushu is the best MMORPG I have seen in a LONG time.  The concepts are fresh and I agree with the poster that not having tons of documentation and explanation has kept it VERY 'discovery' interesting.

I didn't think I would like the Asian/Karate type theme and was scared of the 'sandbox' label but, it has just the right amount of complexity that I am hooked and still don't understand even the tip of the iceberg of the whole thing yet.

I LOVE the fact that my toon keeps going 24/7 and becomes an NPC while I am logged.  I am so scared I am going to log-in and find out that I am pregnant or something!

Come have a great time with Legacy (our guild) as we ROCK the White Tiger server!!

Sz

:o)

• JjixJjix Member UncommonPosts: 142

I think Age of Wushu is probably one of the best MMORPGs ever made. Period. (But I thought that of SWG, so . . . ) It is a far deeper and intelligent game than anything to come out in years. But it is a bit like that homely girl who doesn't wear any makeup or wear alluring outfits, but then you ask her out and she is practicing tantric sex and shit on you and can barely keep up and your heart becomes completely obsessed and enthralled by her . . . and, yeah, you get the point. It is a game for gamers.

Look, AoW is like Mr. Miyagi in the Karate Kid. First of all, one look at the guy and no one thinks this is a martial arts master. Then when you are even crazy enough to ask him for instructions you have to go through months of washing his dishes. By design or not, you essentially aren't allowed in unless you prove yourself. Yet, when you do, you discover that all that dish washing was preparing you . . .

The developers spent a tremendous amount of time making the game amazing the deeper you go, but all they did with the run down entrance was put a sign there and an Asian greeter who barely speaks any english. Of course everyone is thinking "eh, I've played Asian games, they are grind", I thought that too. I was lucky to even try the game. Countless people -- as evidenced by this forum -- just see the beat up old looking front entrance and say "meh, generic" or get only insofar as the lobby and think "ah, well, I tried it, I gave it a fair shot, nothing to see here." What they don't know is that if you get past the lobby, onto that shiney elevator in the back, it takes you down into a world of wonder, a chocolate factory so huge you can barely figure out what the hell is going on, how can it be so awesome!  But most people aren't going to get through the lobby.

Like people who say, "this game isn't pure sandbox, most of the time I was running extremely poorly done quests" . . . they didn't get past the lobby. People who say, "it is just another generic asian grindfest with poor graphics and clunky combat" . . . they didn't get past the entrance. People who say, "it is pay2win" . . . they peeked through the main entrance, past the lobby, and noticed a shiney elevator door.

The ONLY reason there is hype around Age of Wushu is because some gamers have gotten through the lobby, down the elevator, and are reporting back to their fellow gamers. This game is worthy of hype, but it is an Indie game from China -- and when most gamers think of China, they think of scammers and gold farmers, not brilliant game designers. So, yeah, the hype isn't coming from anywhere that isn't genuine, the fact that there is hype at all should make one pause, given the kind of prejudice that exists against a game like this right from the start. Of course the voices of those who have been down the elevator will be drowned out by the masses who just see the entrance and the skiney old Korean dude in front who can't speak English and derive all of their conclusions from there. But those aren't the people you should be listening to, at least if you think you might have what it takes to belong to Wushu.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Well, the game has several strong points. It's easily one of the most innovative titles during the last years, but there are several downsides as well. Most of these has to with Snail as a company and how they handle things.

Personally I haven't logged in for quite some time now, mostly due to Snail's inability to understand how their business tactics alienate huge parts of their playerbase. I really love the game, but I just can't bring myself to play and have fun when

* The game is flooded with gold spammers. This has been an issue for quite some time but after launch it reached ridiculous proportions. The second you log in your screen is covered in chat bubble spam, all channels are constantly spammed, you even get PMs from gold spammers ffs. Sure you can blacklist (although your blacklist is limited for some reason), sure you can uncheck all but school and guild chat, but why the hell should you as a player be punished and have to go out of your way because this company lacks the skills or will to tackle this major issue? There are constant pleas on the forums, and constant replies that they're working on it, but a solution is yet to appear. This tells me they don't really care, since there are several easy fixes to this that wouldn't cost them much and not tamper with the game mechanics either.

* VIP status is server bound. Stupid and cheap nickle-and-dime move that leaves a bitter aftertaste. Why can't a subscription be account-wide, as is the standard in almost every other MMO? The answer is of course: they want to make money. But they will lose money instead, because a lot of people don't want to play on one server only and don't want to pay for multiple VIPs either (which would be necessary since VIP is basically a must if you want to play AoW seriously).

* Cosmetic items are rentable, not permanent. First I didn't really care about this, but combined with the overall "greedy bastard" image that Snail seems to be working hard at, it just comes off as yet another way to nickle and dime people. I'm not really a CS type of guy, but sometimes I like to spend some extra money on an outfit or a mount. To have this paid-for virtual item disappear after 30 days feels like robbery to me, and apparently to many other people as well. I think Snail really missed out on how Western consumers feel about this, and they will lose money because of it. I mean it would have been different if the cosmetic stuff and mounts were attainable in-game but that's not the case here.

* Events are timed. This is actually one of the main reasons I've stopped playing. It just doesn't feel worth it to spend time and money on a game where you miss out on major content due to your time zone. I know this is an NA release but I still think timed events suck - especially in a "sandbox" game. Why should people be forced to log in at certain times just to particiapte in activities that are mandatory if you want to advance in the game? I would have hated this system even if I lived in the US, because I play at very irregular times and can't adjust my RL schedule to what the devs deem appropriate.

* Bug fixing and localization is too slow. The game was in beta for a long time, and yet it took forever to fix basic translation so that it became at least readable. It's still nowhere near acceptable for an NA release though, especially not in a game as complex as this. Difficulty and depth is one thing, but having to guess and draw conclusions from trial and error gets old pretty fast, and battling with horrendous UI design when doing such basic  stuff as buying and selling is beyond annoying.

I hope this post doesn't come off as overly negative, lol. As I said I still love the game. I just wish it was run by someone who understand how the Western market works. As it stands, Snail's CR guys are just obvious sock puppets spouting polite nonsense à la "we are determined to bring the best possible experience to out players" on the boards, while the game has some really pressing issues that players keep bringing up - issue that remains and keep getting worse in some cases (like the spammers).

This "smile and keep a straight face" strategy might work in a culture were politeness is more important than honesty, but most Western gamers don't buy into it. We prefer brutal honesty and at least the illusion of actual commitment. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Biskop

Well, the game has several strong points. It's easily one of the most innovative titles during the last years, but there are several downsides as well. Most of these has to with Snail as a company and how they handle things.

Personally I haven't logged in for quite some time now, mostly due to Snail's inability to understand how their business tactics alienate huge parts of their playerbase. I really love the game, but I just can't bring myself to play and have fun when

* The game is flooded with gold spammers. This has been an issue for quite some time but after launch it reached ridiculous proportions. The second you log in your screen is covered in chat bubble spam, all channels are constantly spammed, you even get PMs from gold spammers ffs. Sure you can blacklist (although your blacklist is limited for some reason), sure you can uncheck all but school and guild chat, but why the hell should you as a player be punished and have to go out of your way because this company lacks the skills or will to tackle this major issue? There are constant pleas on the forums, and constant replies that they're working on it, but a solution is yet to appear. This tells me they don't really care, since there are several easy fixes to this that wouldn't cost them much and not tamper with the game mechanics either.

* VIP status is server bound. Stupid and cheap nickle-and-dime move that leaves a bitter aftertaste. Why can't a subscription be account-wide, as is the standard in almost every other MMO? The answer is of course: they want to make money. But they will lose money instead, because a lot of people don't want to play on one server only and don't want to pay for multiple VIPs either (which would be necessary since VIP is basically a must if you want to play AoW seriously).

* Cosmetic items are rentable, not permanent. First I didn't really care about this, but combined with the overall "greedy bastard" image that Snail seems to be working hard at, it just comes off as yet another way to nickle and dime people. I'm not really a CS type of guy, but sometimes I like to spend some extra money on an outfit or a mount. To have this paid-for virtual item disappear after 30 days feels like robbery to me, and apparently to many other people as well. I think Snail really missed out on how Western consumers feel about this, and they will lose money because of it. I mean it would have been different if the cosmetic stuff and mounts were attainable in-game but that's not the case here.

* Events are timed. This is actually one of the main reasons I've stopped playing. It just doesn't feel worth it to spend time and money on a game where you miss out on major content due to your time zone. I know this is an NA release but I still think timed events suck - especially in a "sandbox" game. Why should people be forced to log in at certain times just to particiapte in activities that are mandatory if you want to advance in the game? I would have hated this system even if I lived in the US, because I play at very irregular times and can't adjust my RL schedule to what the devs deem appropriate.

* Bug fixing and localization is too slow. The game was in beta for a long time, and yet it took forever to fix basic translation so that it became at least readable. It's still nowhere near acceptable for an NA release though, especially not in a game as complex as this. Difficulty and depth is one thing, but having to guess and draw conclusions from trial and error gets old pretty fast, and battling with horrendous UI design when doing such basic  stuff as buying and selling is beyond annoying.

I hope this post doesn't come off as overly negative, lol. As I said I still love the game. I just wish it was run by someone who understand how the Western market works. As it stands, Snail's CR guys are just obvious sock puppets spouting polite nonsense à la "we are determined to bring the best possible experience to out players" on the boards, while the game has some really pressing issues that players keep bringing up - issue that remains and keep getting worse in some cases (like the spammers).

This "smile and keep a straight face" strategy might work in a culture were politeness is more important than honesty, but most Western gamers don't buy into it. We prefer brutal honesty and at least the illusion of actual commitment. 

Timed event thing was huge for me also.. it just completely takes away from any sort of "living" sandbox type feel for me.. i also agree with your other points and those are actually all the key reasons I'm not playing anymore.. the VIP bound to server was a huge one as I wanted to try starting over on a new server when the game launched and still had almost 2 months of vip from the deluxe purchase.. then come to find out I can't even transfer my VIP even after deleting my blue dragon character... oh well...:(

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

I didn't know what an event was for my first month of play.... I mean there are always things to bitch about anything.  AoW has created TRUE dynamic events while others sold playes hype. Yet some will still complain.

You do not have to buy anything even cosmetics from the cash shop. People sell those cosmetics for 500 silver.  If you don't have 500 silver you are a new player, and shouldn't be worry about cosmetics anyways. If you just MUST have it, go ahead and buy it from the cash shop. 

EVERYTHING that is in the cash shop is sold INGAME.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

The problem with hype is that it is as vulnerable to opinions (and trolling) as everything else on the internet.

I personally got to play it and found that while it has a lot of good things going for it, it is not for me, just like The Secret World.  Plenty of people will find stuff to enjoy in it, and plenty of people will find stuff to hate in it.  Similarly, plenty of people will blow the good (and bad) parts out of proportion, and there will obviously be some people who think "this game isn't for them" translates to "this game is sh*t and anyone who plays it is an idiot*.

Don't believe any of the hype, good or bad.  Read the features listed by the hype, but save all judgements for during and after you play it.  For example, I personally liked the training sessions where you join in a group of other players to practice martial arts, and I could hype it up, but others could dislike it and produce negative hype.  You should just take it as "there is the option of training martial arts in large groups", try it out, and judge for yourself.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

"I think Age of Wushu is probably one of the best MMORPGs ever made. Period. (But I thought that of SWG, so . . . ) It is a far deeper and intelligent game than anything to come out in years. But it is a bit like that homely girl who doesn't wear any makeup or wear alluring outfits, but then you ask her out and she is practicing tantric sex and shit on you and can barely keep up and your heart becomes completely obsessed and enthralled by her . . . and, yeah, you get the point. It is a game for gamers.

Look, AoW is like Mr. Miyagi in the Karate Kid. First of all, one look at the guy and no one thinks this is a martial arts master. Then when you are even crazy enough to ask him for instructions you have to go through months of washing his dishes. By design or not, you essentially aren't allowed in unless you prove yourself. Yet, when you do, you discover that all that dish washing was preparing you . . .

The developers spent a tremendous amount of time making the game amazing the deeper you go, but all they did with the run down entrance was put a sign there and an Asian greeter who barely speaks any english. Of course everyone is thinking "eh, I've played Asian games, they are grind", I thought that too. I was lucky to even try the game. Countless people -- as evidenced by this forum -- just see the beat up old looking front entrance and say "meh, generic" or get only insofar as the lobby and think "ah, well, I tried it, I gave it a fair shot, nothing to see here." What they don't know is that if you get past the lobby, onto that shiney elevator in the back, it takes you down into a world of wonder, a chocolate factory so huge you can barely figure out what the hell is going on, how can it be so awesome!  But most people aren't going to get through the lobby.

Like people who say, "this game isn't pure sandbox, most of the time I was running extremely poorly done quests" . . . they didn't get past the lobby. People who say, "it is just another generic asian grindfest with poor graphics and clunky combat" . . . they didn't get past the entrance. People who say, "it is pay2win" . . . they peeked through the main entrance, past the lobby, and noticed a shiney elevator door.

The ONLY reason there is hype around Age of Wushu is because some gamers have gotten through the lobby, down the elevator, and are reporting back to their fellow gamers. This game is worthy of hype, but it is an Indie game from China -- and when most gamers think of China, they think of scammers and gold farmers, not brilliant game designers. So, yeah, the hype isn't coming from anywhere that isn't genuine, the fact that there is hype at all should make one pause, given the kind of prejudice that exists against a game like this right from the start. Of course the voices of those who have been down the elevator will be drowned out by the masses who just see the entrance and the skiney old Korean dude in front who can't speak English and derive all of their conclusions from there. But those aren't the people you should be listening to, at least if you think you might have what it takes to belong to Wushu."

Best post I've seen in awhile about any game.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

I didn't know what an event was for my first month of play.... I mean there are always things to bitch about anything.  AoW has created TRUE dynamic events while others sold playes hype. Yet some will still complain. You do not have to buy anything even cosmetics from the cash shop. People sell those cosmetics for 500 silver.  If you don't have 500 silver you are a new player, and shouldn't be worry about cosmetics anyways. If you just MUST have it, go ahead and buy it from the cash shop.  EVERYTHING that is in the cash shop is sold INGAME.

That may be so... but it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to generate enough unbound liang to keep up with the mid-high end PvP set without buying gold to convert. Even with a VIP acct, even playing 10-12 hours a day. And that is explicitly by design. Same thing with trying to be a high-end crafter. It is all a big funnel into the cash shop to buy gold to convert. And, this is the WORST game for gold selling spam, in the history of games with gold selling spam. The Worst.
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by Burntvet

I didn't know what an event was for my first month of play.... I mean there are always things to bitch about anything.  AoW has created TRUE dynamic events while others sold playes hype. Yet some will still complain.

You do not have to buy anything even cosmetics from the cash shop. People sell those cosmetics for 500 silver.  If you don't have 500 silver you are a new player, and shouldn't be worry about cosmetics anyways. If you just MUST have it, go ahead and buy it from the cash shop. 

That may be so... but it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to generate enough unbound liang to keep up with the mid-high end PvP set without buying gold to convert. Even with a VIP acct, even playing 10-12 hours a day. And that is explicitly by design. Same thing with trying to be a high-end crafter. It is all a big funnel into the cash shop to buy gold to convert. And, this is the WORST game for gold selling spam, in the history of games with gold selling spam. The Worst.

Total bull.  I play at a pretty high level (not the best, but competitive) and I've NEVER bought gold.  Pretty much full silver gear with maximum stats in the areas I chose.

There are people with literally hundreds of dings.  You honestly think they spent thousands on dollars getting that?

(Before you answer, I know several of these people and the answer is no.)

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Alamareth

I didn't know what an event was for my first month of play.... I mean there are always things to bitch about anything.  AoW has created TRUE dynamic events while others sold playes hype. Yet some will still complain.   You do not have to buy anything even cosmetics from the cash shop. People sell those cosmetics for 500 silver.  If you don't have 500 silver you are a new player, and shouldn't be worry about cosmetics anyways. If you just MUST have it, go ahead and buy it from the cash shop.    EVERYTHING that is in the cash shop is sold INGAME.

Total bull.  I play at a pretty high level (not the best, but competitive) and I've NEVER bought gold.  Pretty much full silver gear with maximum stats in the areas I chose.

There are people with literally hundreds of dings.  You honestly think they spent thousands on dollars getting that?

Sure... it is possible if you farm for months and grind the stupid missions over and over and not spend anything ever, but try to generate a full crafter (esp weapons and armor) or someone that does PvP primarily and you'd see how bloody unlikely it is to keep up or get there without buying gold. You can't, really. Logically, would all the dozens and hundreds of gold spammers be there if there was no need to buy it? Yeah...........
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Logically, would all the dozens and hundreds of gold spammers be there if there was no need to buy it? Yeah...........

So they can steal your credentials and clear your CC...

You are just bad at making money and not understand the basic economy principles - if prices are high, you can make more money as well.

• G0LDCEOG0LDCEO Member Posts: 1

Some places worth a try.

First of all :Non-hierarchical?Dont have level System in this game?View others only see general introduction?This is

determined by the internal strength level , to what extent what strength?.

The second.Around the scenery is very good , worthy of appreciation ?like Mount Wudang , Emei Mountain , Shaolin 

Temple,they are all the Holy Land in the game,scenery great!

And the third,this game will give you a real wushu-age!

Originally posted by Alamareth

Sure... it is possible if you farm for months and grind the stupid missions over and over and not spend anything ever, but try to generate a full crafter (esp weapons and armor) or someone that does PvP primarily and you'd see how bloody unlikely it is to keep up or get there without buying gold. You can't, really. Logically, would all the dozens and hundreds of gold spammers be there if there was no need to buy it? Yeah...........

Exactly, 5 months ago I was living day to day. I still remember how excited I was when I sold my first script for 400L, that was about 600L under priced, but w/e. Over those 5 months I learned hot to PLAY the game.  

Over time I learned, I'm not talking about recipes. I learned to craft, I learned my craft. How to make what and make a profit. How to price a script on the market. What's rare, and what people NEED. AoW is not a game where you level to cap in a week get full geared and kickass. It's just not that. This can't be stressed enough.

Now you want that weapon that cost 2D, and those pants that cost 1.5D? Mine some iron, make the intro recipe your shifu gives you when you gain the profession, and break it down. Sell 3 stacks of that a day for a week, then buy your gear. PvPr here, and living proof. 

Missions? What the heck are those? Quest? Why would you even do them? Really lol.

If you just have to have it now, go ahead and pay snail 100$. I'm sure they will love you for it. Just know you are gonna get your ass kicked just like you did before you payed that 100$ Play the game, or Pay the game it's your choice.