Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What in Yoda´s name did Bioware screw up THIS time?

Comments

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    Seriously, what's all the PVPer complaining about? 2.0 has brought about a Combat Upgrade which will bring PVPers a New Game Experience.

exactly,,but apparently, there was still a handfull enjoying the old experience

and once again, a STAR WARS mmo has divided the fans, instead of bringing them together

yea the hunt for heretics has started,,it aint pretty

and once again, a small group on their forums is allowed to literally wipe the floor with the unbelievers

that has prolly cost swtor more subs , than anything else

polarization is a bad thing

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by Dahkoht

They knew it was bugged before they launched 2.0 , admitted it , and launched it anyway.

Typical for this trainwreck.

shipwreck,,TORtanic, remember?

but it shows how much they care about customers,,and the star wars IP

it's fixed... and no MMO comes with bugs right?

sure,,but explain ,how i could play 3 days of scarlet blade, without seeing one?

not a single DC or game freeze, like swtor does

yea, that discount boob simulator has a better client, than swtor

and if it was my network , or my rig,,then it would be for all mmos,,not only swtor

GW2 doesnt have those problems either

Hmmm even if you would pay me $1000 I would not touch Scarlet Blade:) I don't care how smooth it is....

And you know what? I play SWTOR every day and have a very smooth play with 60 to 110 fps all the time:) no game freezes, no lags.

And comment from Aeria forums: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1961519 posted yesterday:)

Sure that you don't know there are bugs... you can't find any info about it....

Quote:

Bug tracker???

Where is Bug Tracker for Scarlet Blade?? shouldn't it be on some visible place ???
    I've already recorded a bunch of bugs/glitches/some unfinished crap. Where to report it >?!
    What were closed beta testers doing? Game now in state on Beta & there is not "Report Bug" button ingame. ... but there is already active AP store.
    This is NOT serious.

Scarlet Blade answer:

It may take time for bugs to get fixed if they are not major. It all depends on LivePlex and the current priorities for the game. The form is still the correct way to report bugs and we appreciate those that help out and report the bugs they find. ^-^

heres the deal,,if youre a smart kid,,you dont NEED an eraser

like i said, i played 3 days without encountering a SINGLE bug

and im not even going to paste the threads about memory leaks and DC from swtor forums,,BW admitted to them

and your post is from BETA

Originally posted by ktanner3

Hmmm even if you would pay me $1000 I would not touch Scarlet Blade:) I don't care how smooth it is....

And you know what? I play SWTOR every day and have a very smooth play with 60 to 110 fps all the time:) no game freezes, no lags.

And comment from Aeria forums: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1961519 posted yesterday:)

Quote:

Bug tracker???

Where is Bug Tracker for Scarlet Blade?? shouldn't it be on some visible place ???
    I've already recorded a bunch of bugs/glitches/some unfinished crap. Where to report it >?!
    What were closed beta testers doing? Game now in state on Beta & there is not "Report Bug" button ingame. ... but there is already active AP store.
    This is NOT serious.

I've never had a freeze or crash in the year and a half I've played TOR. Far as Scarlett Blade goes if I want to see boobs there are plenty of sites for that sort of thing. But thanks for the promotional plug. 

oh great,,i just come and play swtor on your computer then

i have a stock asus, pretty new,,6 gigs 3 ghz as i recall, nothing special, and not a bad machine

so swtor should run as good , as the other mmos

but it doesnt

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Quote:

<div id="titleToggle" show="" "="" cellspacing="0">

Bug tracker???

This is NOT serious.

I've never had a freeze or crash in the year and a half I've played TOR. Far as Scarlett Blade goes if I want to see boobs there are plenty of sites for that sort of thing. But thanks for the promotional plug. 

So, BW lies when they confirm memory leaks/engine sucks?

For crashes it wasnt too bad, but performance....it performs like crap considering what it offers, cant really have any decent number of characters on screen before choppage starts and restart required every 1-1,5 hours.

Oh yes, i crahsed every time on ilum before they pulled Ilum altogether.

Sorry to dissapoint you but James Ohlen confirmed recently that engine sucks.

I still remember those fanbois from launch that claimed "they get 120+ FPS anwhere anytime" and called anyone pointing at problems troll/hater. Half of the people couldnt even play on Taris due to crashes, Ilum was complete disaster, overall performance was abbysmal even with removed graphic options....yah they fixed some stuff but fundamental flaws still remain:

engine chokes with any decent number of players on screen (or even on same planet, thats why they cap planets)

memory leaks still crap on you if you do anything much more than stand on fleet

performance is still bad especially compared to other MMOs with much better graphics

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

OMG a MMO update that has bugs, first time history of Mankind!

Seriously move on people.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Quote:

Bug tracker???

This is NOT serious.

oh great,,i just come and play swtor on your computer then

i have a stock asus, pretty new,,6 gigs 3 ghz as i recall, nothing special, and not a bad machine

so swtor should run as good , as the other mmos

but it doesnt

No need to get defensive.No one said the game runs perfect for everyone.As long as MMOs run on personal PCs NO GAME will run perfect for everyone. We're just adding our own experience from two people who still play the game. Sorry that we can't  hate with the same gusto as you but well, our experience with the game is different and we enjoy it. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

well , at least i get a vote now,,thank you

i can accept, that youre a happy customer, is it really that hard for you to accept me being the opposite?

imagine this: youre at a good restaurant, enjoying your food

suddenly a guy behind you say "waiter, theres a hair in my food"

do you get involved in that too? if you dont know , whats really going on?

no,,most people would ,,discreetly, look for hair in thir OWN food

and if other people start finding hairs too,, then the restaurant isnt as good, as you thought

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by versulas

Covert energy armor that makes it look like you're not wearing anything but the default underwear (I'm pretty sure this is what they had on, not unequipped gear) is pretty old news and bikini armor has been in the game since day 1.

I'm more concerned that Bioware thought it was a good idea to stick the lvl 30ish scrubs against lvl 50+ players, knowing full well that those players have been level capped for months and are decked out in full pvp gear to compliment their experience. No matter what changes they made to the bolstering system new players are going to get rolled in the new bracket.

Actually with the tweaks to the bolstering system the guys in full 50 pvp gear are the ones getting "rolled." :)

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

i can accept, that youre a happy customer, is it really that hard for you to accept me being the opposite?

and if other people start finding hairs too,, then the restaurant isnt as good, as you thought

We accept your opinion, and we would like you to accept ours.

I am playing SWTOR because I have a lot of fun doing that. No other MMO compares in this department FOR ME.

So lets say that we consider SWTOR as exclusive meal that I absolutely love and that  only one restaurant serves (as for me no other MMO compares). Do you think that one time found hair in meal will make me quit coming there? Sure I will request meal to be perfected (no hair aka fix bugs please) but I will keep coming:) until there will be another restaurant serving better tastier meal :)

That is not going to happen in case of SWTOR though - there are no other MMOs on a horizon that can replace it for me.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

I'm not the one getting defensive and bent out of shape here, you are. By all means, vote with your wallet  like I do. 

Bad analogy. A better one would be people in the restaurant enjoying their food while a guy hangs around the entrance with a sign shouting for all to hear why he hates that place. He has every right to express his opinion, but so do the all the other people who disagree with him .  Freedom of speech is a two way street and if you're going to exercise it then be prepared for the opposite opinion. 

Far as the whole "letting other people know" bit I would wager that at least the majority of the people on this website have  already played TOR and have their minds made up one way or the other. 

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

SWTOR certainly has its problems, I only mainly played during the double XP weekends, and just leveled up a Jedi Consular, and experienced several issues

1. Companion died once succesfully reached the bottom of a lift. Only happened once though
    2. Companion died, and after revived remained being a corpse, and moving forward the companion followed as a corpse dragging along the ground: http://www.xfire.com/video/5f39a0
    3. The game crashed several times quite a lot at the start of the double xp weekends when alt tabbing to a website, but after a while stopped
    4. On the odd ocassion I had high lattency / no connection, although not as bad as last year when for a weekend it was so bad I kept getting disconnected.
    5. Servers failed to show up, and I was not the only one, which lasted for a few days / week: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619888                               http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618316                                                                    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618506
    6. Vivicars ship / vivicar awaits mission is still bugged since launch. I died before disabling the force field, and respawned at a med centre after the force field, and could not get off the ship, took a week of messing about, logged out and expected to be chucked outside the instance as what usually happens if you log out inside an instance. Eventually thought of using the emergency fleet pass, went back to vivicars ship and disabled force field but then could not use the second security terminal and could not see to reset it. Sent in a ticket, then realised that could reset on fleet, so reset it, and finally do it. This really needs to be fixed, as causes great anguish,   http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=95848      http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=395650
    This is only playing during the double xp time on Fri - Sun for the month. I find it hard to believe that people who play this game loads find no issues.

I am playing SWTOR because I have a lot of fun doing that. No other MMO compares in this department FOR ME.

So lets say that we consider SWTOR as exclusive meal that I absolutely love and that  only one restaurant serves (as for me no other MMO compares). Do you think that one time found hair in meal will make me quit coming there? Sure I will request meal to be perfected (no hair aka fix bugs please) but I will keep coming:) until there will be another restaurant serving better tastier meal :)

That is not going to happen in case of SWTOR though - there are no other MMOs on a horizon that can replace it for me.

Having an opinion is fine.

But some things like memory leaks and bad performance are not an opinion. Yeah, maybe you dont care that people wanted to go on Ilum and have PvP with more that 10vs10 but it doesnt make problem imaginary like fanbois preach from launch.

I could go on with the list of facts that fanbois negated and called everyone who mentioned those "hater". Yet those facts still remain ingame one and a half years later.

You liking the game wont make those problems magically go away.

Mentioning, as an example, that naked bolster (and whole bolster fiasco) is not a problem because you dont PvP doesnt really help your case either.

I'm not the one getting defensive and bent out of shape here, you are. By all means, vote with your wallet  like I do. 

Bad analogy. A better one would be people in the restaurant enjoying their food while a guy hangs around the entrance with a sign shouting for all to hear why he hates that place. He has every right to express his opinion, but so do the all the other people who disagree with him .  Freedom of speech is a two way street and if you're going to exercise it then be prepared for the opposite opinion. 

Far as the whole "letting other people know" bit I would wager that at least the majority of the people on this website have  already played TOR and have their minds made up one way or the other. 

No, its like everyone who eats there find hairs in their food, but you saying thats fine because you like the place and screaming on other people who want point out hairs and want those removed from food (even if they dont eat there any more).

Because hairs in your food are not OK no matter how you want to spin it.

Originally posted by tintilinic

No, its like everyone who eats there find hairs in their food, but you saying thats fine because you like the place and screaming on other people who want point out hairs and want those removed from food (even if they dont eat there any more).

Where am I screaming at other people here and where am I saying that it's okay? Oh that's right. I haven't. I merely pointed out that I haven't had the same issues and for some reason posters like you take that as a personal attack. Either grow some thicker skin or don't post on  message boards. 

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Where am I screaming at other people here and where am I saying that it's okay? Oh that's right. I haven't. I merely pointed out that I haven't had the same issues and for some reason posters like you take that as a personal attack. Either grow some thicker skin or don't post on  message boards. 

Seriously? Ok I'll step in here as it seem you can't remember your own posty in this one thread even.

"Damn you got wooped by a naked person in a warzone? I don't think I'd be spreading that around if I were you. That's pretty embarassing.

Maybe players saw LGBT in patch notes and decided to take it to another level ;)

Seriously though, there's nude type orange armour on the cartel market. It's been there for quite sometime."

The guy found a bug and reported it. You claim theres no bug and try and publicly shame him into silence. Come to find out there is indeed a bug that BW publicly admits to, and admits they knew about before release and that they released it anyway. You then go into fanboi defense mode saying that its ok the bug didn't effect you so why are people complaining.

Dude your just sad.

Originally posted by winter

well , at least i get a vote now,,thank you i can accept, that youre a happy customer, is it really that hard for you to accept me being the opposite? I'm not the one getting defensive and bent out of shape here, you are. By all means, vote with your wallet  like I do.  imagine this: youre at a good restaurant, enjoying your food suddenly a guy behind you say "waiter, theres a hair in my food" do you get involved in that too? if you dont know , whats really going on? Bad analogy. A better one would be people in the restaurant enjoying their food while a guy hangs around the entrance with a sign shouting for all to hear why he hates that place. He has every right to express his opinion, but so do the all the other people who disagree with him .  Freedom of speech is a two way street and if you're going to exercise it then be prepared for the opposite opinion.  Far as the whole "letting other people know" bit I would wager that at least the majority of the people on this website have  already played TOR and have their minds made up one way or the other.   

Seriously? Ok I'll step in here as it seem you can't remember your own posty in this one thread even.

"Damn you got wooped by a naked person in a warzone? I don't think I'd be spreading that around if I were you. That's pretty embarassing.

Maybe players saw LGBT in patch notes and decided to take it to another level ;)

Seriously though, there's nude type orange armour on the cartel market. It's been there for quite sometime."

The guy found a bug and reported it. You claim theres no bug and try and publicly shame him into silence. Come to find out there is indeed a bug that BW publicly admits to, and admits they knew about before release and that they released it anyway. You then go into fanboi defense mode saying that its ok the bug didn't effect you so why are people complaining.

Dude your just sad.

Nice job of taking what I said and twisting it around.

First off, those first few lines were clearly tongue in cheek hence the smiley wink.

Second off, the part where I mentioned the orange gear was trying to explain a possible reason as to why naked pvpers might be winning in a wwarzon.This was before the dev comment on bolster was posted.Once the dev explanation was posted I posted my comment on it,which you failed to post.Nowhere am I berating the OP.

Third,after that the conversation in this thread shifted completely to other issues and a different poster mentioning completely different issues from the original poster . That was when I mentioned me never having a problem with crashing and he got bent out of shape over it. We then went back and forth to this .

Fourth, I don't know where you went to school but clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suite. You might want to go back and brush up on it so you don't look so ignorant.

Originally posted by Ppiper

well , at least i get a vote now,,thank you i can accept, that youre a happy customer, is it really that hard for you to accept me being the opposite? imagine this: youre at a good restaurant, enjoying your food suddenly a guy behind you say "waiter, theres a hair in my food" do you get involved in that too? if you dont know , whats really going on? no,,most people would ,,discreetly, look for hair in thir OWN food and if other people start finding hairs too,, then the restaurant isnt as good, as you thought

you don't have to justify why you enjoy a game to anyone, especially on this forum. I enjoy it as well and could care less what some dip shit says about it. Have fun, play on.

No kidding, especially when some are so stupid they can't tell the difference between simple disagreement and a personal attack..

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Dude your just sad.

Nice job of taking what I said and twisting it around. First off, those first few lines were clearly tongue in cheek hence the smiley wink. Second off, the part where I mentioned the orange gear was trying to explain a possible reason as to why naked pvpers might be winning in a wwarzon.This was before the dev comment on bolster was posted.Once the dev explanation was posted I posted my comment on it,which you failed to post.Nowhere am I berating the OP. Third,after that the conversation in this thread shifted completely to other issues and a different poster mentioning completely different issues from the original poster . That was when I mentioned me never having a problem with crashing and he got bent out of shape over it. We then went back and forth to this . Fourth, I don't know where you went to school but clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suite. You might want to go back and brush up on it so you don't look so ignorant.

Ah I see so i call you out make a point that indeed conflicts with your arguement and you respond with insults kinda really proves my point. Right or wrong you your arguement devolves to questioning someones schooling, and outright calling them ignorant you've lost the debate.

Sorry didn't know you were so thin skinned perhaps you should take your own advice and grow some thicker skin. menatime have a nice day :)

well , at least i get a vote now,,thank you i can accept, that youre a happy customer, is it really that hard for you to accept me being the opposite? I'm not the one getting defensive and bent out of shape here, you are. By all means, vote with your wallet  like I do.  imagine this: youre at a good restaurant, enjoying your food suddenly a guy behind you say "waiter, theres a hair in my food" do you get involved in that too? if you dont know , whats really going on? Bad analogy. A better one would be people in the restaurant enjoying their food while a guy hangs around the entrance with a sign shouting for all to hear why he hates that place. He has every right to express his opinion, but so do the all the other people who disagree with him .  Freedom of speech is a two way street and if you're going to exercise it then be prepared for the opposite opinion.  Far as the whole "letting other people know" bit I would wager that at least the majority of the people on this website have  already played TOR and have their minds made up one way or the other.   

Dude your just sad.

Nice job of taking what I said and twisting it around. First off, those first few lines were clearly tongue in cheek hence the smiley wink. Second off, the part where I mentioned the orange gear was trying to explain a possible reason as to why naked pvpers might be winning in a wwarzon.This was before the dev comment on bolster was posted.Once the dev explanation was posted I posted my comment on it,which you failed to post.Nowhere am I berating the OP. Third,after that the conversation in this thread shifted completely to other issues and a different poster mentioning completely different issues from the original poster . That was when I mentioned me never having a problem with crashing and he got bent out of shape over it. We then went back and forth to this . Fourth, I don't know where you went to school but clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suite. You might want to go back and brush up on it so you don't look so ignorant.

Ah I see so i call you out make a point that indeed conflicts with your arguement and you respond with insults kinda really proves my point. Right or wrong you your arguement devolves to questioning someones schooling, and outright calling them ignorant you've lost the debate.

Sorry didn't know you were so thin skinned perhaps you should take your own advice and grow some thicker skin. menatime have a nice day :)

Your little sad comment completely negates any pretense of a debate. If you can't tell the difference between two different conversations and then butt in with an insult then don't expect civility in response.

this game has lost about 90% of its subs,,but still, im the ONE guy?  get a grip

that makes YOU the "one guy"

and how can an experienced mmo player not recognize the symptoms of a memory leak?

even if it didnt affect you personally, you should be able to identify it just by reading forum threads

and yes BW admitted to both problems,,but hey,,what do they know about it, right?

guess theyre just hating trolls too

STO still has parts of the leak, it was born with

GW2 also has a small one

admitting to that doesnt make me hate those games,,i like them both

but im not blindly defending their flaws and failures

believe me,,i would be happy , if there was more than one star wars mmo

but i doubt, that the suits will agree to that,,,big IP, cash cow, and all that

so it only makes sense to satisfy the biggest part of the fanbase

and this game clearly doesnt do that

that is one of the reasons for the hate towards swtor

and a proof of the power, that still is in the star wars name

Dude your just sad.

ignorant? dude,,you just just pulled a full bioware there

first,,how is your"tongue-in-cheek" helping the guy, who is mad over a bug in his game?

second,,your "assumption" was WRONG

and again,,how does your perfect game experience remove my DCs?

please tell me that

Originally posted by XAPKen

Is this an exploit?

No, it's players wearing orange modded gear from the cartel market that makes you appear nude. 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Can't beat em', join them...
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"