Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you think will the secret space project be like?

Comments

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

yea 2 mio F2Pers in 4 months aint that impressive

they SOLD more games in the first 3 months, those that really wanted to play

was willing to throw over the cash

and most of the same crowd decided to write it as a loss, and drop out

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Karteli

Jeff Hickman indicated (or rather hinted) that the SSSP would be some sort of expansion.  Possibly a good move, since so many people want it and are willing to pay anything to get it, myself included.

If it is done correctly it would bring back so many former players who just gave up playing WoW in space, etc..

But that's a big IF, and I sort of feel like it's going to be a lobby type game, PVP match, PVE co-op assault, complete with boundaries.  I have a hunch that my expectations exceed what I'll end up getting.

No, I think that ship has sailed. In the first 7 months or so yeah, but now this game is starting to look bad graphically, and things like ability lag are apparently back. BW has an amazing ability to under-deliver.

Even though you might be thinking, "well surely if they have been working on it this long then it will be good."

but that's not the way it works at BW. There's a big catalog of crap ups that they took some time to deliver.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by simplius

yea 2 mio F2Pers in 4 months aint that impressive

they SOLD more games in the first 3 months, those that really wanted to play

was willing to throw over the cash

and most of the same crowd decided to write it as a loss, and drop out

Considering one of the original perks of being a subscriber was prefed log in access was the servers were full, I'd say Bioware was expecting more FTP players then they got.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

This thread was supposed to be about the always mentioned but never discussed carrot on a stick SSSP.

How will it look?

Exactly the same, but with 2 people playing simulataneously.

Then again, it may look like this. http://www.swtor.com/info/media/screens/space-combat

Coming soon.

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

This thread was supposed to be about the always mentioned but never discussed carrot on a stick SSSP.

How will it look?

Then again, it may look like this. http://www.swtor.com/info/media/screens/space-combat

Coming soon.

the competition will be Star Citizen, so they better get their act together and deliver something with substance, more than a pew-pew space warzone to play with a buddy

Originally posted by bugmeno
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

How will it look?

Coming soon.

the competition will be Star Citizen, so they better get their act together and deliver something with substance, more than a pew-pew space warzone to play with a buddy

from what ive heard, star citizen will rely heavily on PVP

expect it to be an upgraded version of black prophecy

and how well did black prophecy do?

i cancelled my preorder for star citizen, im waiting at least 3 months after launch before taking a decision

PS i think their biggest competitors will be wildstar,EVE and STO

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Hello,

can anyone be so kind and tell me what is known about the space expansion already?

I would be much more interested in playing this if there would be a universe to explore, with customizable ships, trading, mining and the like. A real Star Wars space sim!

Cheers,

Doc B

• CatAtomic99CatAtomic99 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    This is Bioware we're talking about, so I assume they'll do something ridiculously restrictive that will keep people interested for about 20 minutes. And it'll probably be story-based (dumbest thing ever to do in an MMORPG, imho) so that people play through it once and never want to see it again.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Hello,

can anyone be so kind and tell me what is known about the space expansion already?

I would be much more interested in playing this if there would be a universe to explore, with customizable ships, trading, mining and the like. A real Star Wars space sim!

Cheers,

Doc B

Practically we do not know anything, the only thing I've heard was that  Jeff Hickman played a demo of it and that it was fun (Jeff's comment). No details were provided, just that it is far from release.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

The Secret Space Project:

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Hello,

Cheers,

Doc B

Practically we do not know anything, the only thing I've heard was that  Jeff Hickman played a demo of it and that it was fun (Jeff's comment). No details were provided, just that it is far from release.

I wouldnt release any info about it due to the inability of gamers to give any kind of  TRUE contructive feedback...especially on this site where every SWTOR thread degenerates into EA bioware sucks, Swtor isnt an MMO, I miss SWG etc etc

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by FromHell

how will it be and when will it come out?  Will it come out before Star Citizen and Elite (smart move) or not?

Will it be more like a lobby game with "warzones" to queue up (like Moonbreaker or Star Conflict) to shoot some mobs and players or a fully fledged space sim like JTL with lots of systems to explore, mine and trade?

Before anyone says it won´t happen > it already got confirmed, so please only speculate on how it will actually look like

Maybe they could do a reverse CCP Dust-5waddeva?

Make a rip off version of EVE (like they ripped off WoW) as a separate game that shares the same "Universe"!

Then Star Ship captains could post daily Makeb missions for "ground troops" to undertake!

Imagine mining the Asteroid fields in your little smuggler ship so you can build a Correlian Frigate!?

Piloting an X-Wing in formation as you take on an Imperial Star Destroyer group?

Completing the Kessel Run in under 5 parsecs!?

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Damedius
    Only what the engine can handle. So I would say closer to lobby or zoned based space.

no free roaming in space, I would say 1 space sector where you can fly within the boundaries and maybe some pvp with it.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Damedius
    Only what the engine can handle. So I would say closer to lobby or zoned based space.

no free roaming in space, I would say 1 space sector where you can fly within the boundaries and maybe some pvp with it.

That sounds pretty lame. Unfortunately a realistic expectation.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well they are still working on it , Cory Butler mentioned it today in the dev tracker here :-

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

So yeah maybe one day !

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Well, it certainly won't be as good as Eve.

Won't be as good as Star Trek.  Which isn't as good as Eve.  Which makes me ask..

Who cares? 

*If* it is released (big if, despite promises), it will be as an addition to the main game.  It won't be the focus, it won't be deep, it won't be epic.  I doubt it will be much of anything the majority of us want in an MMO.

If I'm wrong?  Freaking. Awesome.  But I doubt I am.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by redcapp

Won't be as good as Star Trek.  Which isn't as good as Eve.  Which makes me ask..

Who cares? 

*If* it is released (big if, despite promises), it will be as an addition to the main game.  It won't be the focus, it won't be deep, it won't be epic.  I doubt it will be much of anything the majority of us want in an MMO.

Hmmm... how can you know for sure if you do not have any idea what it will be?

Tea leaves??????

As for me I will wait and see and comment it after I know what I am talking about.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Who cares? 

Tea leaves??????

As for me I will wait and see and comment it after I know what I am talking about.

Going by the history of this game I think he has made a fair assumption. Of course a miracle could happen and SWTOR might get a space sim that is actually worth playing. We'll see. 

for comparison: when did we hear about makeb? and how long did it take them , to finish it, and put it live?

and at what Price?

SSSP is prolly harder for them , than ilum, and we all know , how that turned out

they felt, that ilum was ready for launch,,and we havent seen ANYTHING from SSSP yet

when it launches, there will prolly be REAL spaceships over our heads

Who cares? 

Tea leaves??????

problem,,we have to WAIT for the FACTS

but our nerdrage ís HERE, and NOW

i call out for Justice, from the great GM in the sky;

revamp the the timeline, to fit our needs

Q could do it,,so can you

Don´t know but I tell you how it will NOT be like:

Star Citizen

EvE

Elite

--and it will closely relate to the cartel market.

Seriously, don´t wait for this, it can only disappoint.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    At the Dallas Cantina devs said they are working on guild capital ships in addition to the SSSP.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Originally posted by Ahnog
    At the Dallas Cantina devs said they are working on guild capital ships in addition to the SSSP.

Yes and also player housing is on the "wall of crazy" , queue SWG fans , in 1 , 2 , 3. Server transfers sometime after 2.2.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Yes and also player housing is on the "wall of crazy" , queue MMO fans , in 1 , 2 , 3. Server transfers sometime after 2.2.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

/fixed

LOTRO has player housing too, so will Wildstar and Dragons Prophet

Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Yes and also player housing is on the "wall of crazy" , queue MMO fans , in 1 , 2 , 3. Server transfers sometime after 2.2.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

/fixed

LOTRO has player housing too, so will Wildstar and Dragons Prophet

So if it does get player housing you think a lot of sandbox MMO fans will flock to it ? That's something I'm sure EA and/or BioWare would be happy to hear. Mind you I think with wildstar being a sci-fi MMO rather like SWG , that one would be closer to the mark.

Cheers,

BadOrb.