Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Defiance: Snarky About Defiance

2»

Comments

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Oh man, I hate console players. They should have a special tag in the game so I can pwn them especial.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by Luxely
    Over-analytical brats need to get over themselves. I frankly could care less about the PC players, console players, blog reviewers. What only matters is the game is good and Im more excited about is the TV show. Its on SYFY channel for gods sake. SYFY wouldnt sign them on if they weren't that great. Defiance is awesome, period. Quit doing comparements to this and that. Borderlands 1&2 isn't all that great. Graphics are awesome, yes.. but, guess what? That's about it. /end

Its uncritical gits, that are responsible for corporate suits thinking they can get away with this rubbish, time after time, after time.   As for "SYFY", they are just another example of corporate group "think". All their upper level suits care about is this quarters numbers.  Not quality, not depth, nor much else.  One has only to look at their programs (and those they have cancelled) to know that reality.

Normally, I give Trion high marks, because of their past work on Rift, and their much better than industry standard (especially Blizzard) content updates.  But unless the general gaming population expects better results, matters will only get worse, and we will have no one but ourselves to blame for it.

SYFY shows wrestling. Nuff said.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

I've always been a PC gamer but I'm a console gamer as well

1. Defiance is a cheap rip-off of the Borderlands franchise. They threw in generic and poor handling vehicles with some guns and there ya go. Not to mention the loot system is by far worse.

2. Console gaming is just as good as pc gaming. I understand not everyone can switch between a keyboard + mouse to a controller or vice-versa, very understandable but alot of people do. With the next-gen consoles on the horizon the gap is closing tighter between PC and console gaming hardware wise.

There's no need for gamers to clash over this issue, at least you're gaming so it's all good. The other factor why many people game on consoles is cost. The price on a new PC video card can far exceed the price of what a console unit cost. Consoles are a more cost efficient way to game for many people especially in this depression era economy so it makes more sense than dropping....let's say $300 to $600 that or more on just a video card.

You're on crack. Video Cards are really cheap now, especially anything related to Computer Sales. You can buy a brand new Nvidia card onebay for less then 120$ that is much cheaper then buying an entire new console. Console games look like shit compared to PC, either you need glasses or you have a really crappy PC.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

You're hysterical. Great piece. I am still laughing to myself. I don't know who I would be in that convo, being a member of PCMASTURRACE and a PS/PS2/PS3 player I can't decide. I got Defiance for PS3. Don't judge meh, I like my shooters with teh controller, plus using my other screen to browse...MMORPG.com

All the things you pointed out about the game is true. I've put it down over hitting 600+ego and got sick of chasing arksfalls and seeing people drive around in a circle.