Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: If ESO costs $15/month, will you play it?

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I wouldn't pay a sub, but I am inclined to try out skyrim as it's B2P.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112

Ill buy it and sub for at least a few months if the game launches smooth, I've jumped the gun way too many times to do it anymore.  Aside from that I'll wait and see what the word is once the game is out.  Other than that a reasonable subscription model won't affect my decision

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Snakex

This might be kind of random. But seeing this post makes me want to mention something.

I remember when i first started MMOing when i was just a kid, and i have been MMOing ever since. But its changed a lot since then. When i use to always subscribe to that One game, play it day and night. It was my Home MMORPG. Yea i had my side touches, the F2P shooter, or the simple games on the side. Even if i went out and played those other games and cheated a bit on my Home MMO i still went back at the end of the night to that One MMO and when i logged in....

Everytime, It was like the flood gates opening. My whole friends list booming, whispers here and there. Raid invites, people talking to me. Telling me to hurry my ass up and get on vent. When my Home game was truly a home, full of people i knew for months or years. Not IRL, few of them yes, but not even most, Most of them were all made in-game friends.

I remember i paid 15 bucks a month not for updates, not for any of that shit, All that was just extra for me, i liked it, wanted it, but it wasnt first on my list of why im paying.

Why i was paying $15 a month, it was so I Can Have A Community To Play With, Befriend, and Enjoy the Game with.

100% agree.  I haven't made many new friends that I keep in touch with regularly in games that weren't in my guild.  It used to be friend list full all the time with many different new people.  The community is why MMOs suck these days, not the developers.  Don't just run around doing things solo just because you can.  Join up with a couple of friends, and almost every single MMO is great.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I don't sub to mmo's anymore because they're not worth it. I don't need another game on my shelf that i can't play unless i pay.
  • LostHawkLostHawk Member UncommonPosts: 56

When I see the community in f2p games like Neverwinter, I definitely prefer games with subscriptions.

$15 a month: sure I will pay that.

• iJustWantiJustWant Member Posts: 81
    I plan to subscribe, unless I hear or see that they roll out a P2W in-game store. That's been a pretty good FAIL indicator for me, for several years now.

• UO4everUO4ever Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Assuming the professional reviews on release day are great

if that's the case and my own opinion is that it's good then "yes" I will buy it and pay the paltry $15.00 per month. It's less than an hour's worth of work.

Less than a pint of beer in a pub for a week's sub .. AND it keeps me out of the pub for longer.. what's not to like ?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Most I pay for a console game is 59.99 + tax. With the new info, there is no reason to pay anything more unless its for DLC.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

I voted show results.  None of those options are adequate.

I may play the game, depending on other factors.  Being sub would not be one of the primary considerations. 

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    I think I originally voted, yes that I would pay a sub, but with recent changes absolutely not.  In the past couple of weeks we've seen this game go from a full-fledged pc mmorpg, to a multi-player cross platform game.  I'd be willing to do b2p with dlc, but when even the devs are no longer calling the game an mmorpg I can't justify paying a sub.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Assuming the professional reviews on release day are great

You trust pro reviews over user reviews? How odd.

• RampajiRampaji Member Posts: 50
    I will pay if the content is something i like.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

• RampajiRampaji Member Posts: 50

Yeah i will play it for 15 $ a month. No big deal I will even play it for 10 @ ;)

OM Shanti

Rampaji

Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

• RogueCasterRogueCaster Member Posts: 8
    Yes. Every game that has gone from subscription to free play has turned into a pile of dung.
  • VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128

It's SWTOR all over again skip the bad sub lunch and go to a model that works 

Like BUY to play or F2P like GW2 or SWTOR

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by Iselin

Yes. The no-extra-money (I prefer that term to "free") month always included with purchase is more than enough for me to know if I'm going to pay more to keep playing. And that month alone is worth the initial $49.99 or whatever.

I spent $39.99 on Bioshock Infinite a couple of weeks ago and finished it in a weekend. I loved the game and felt I got my money's worth. Paying $15 for a month of MMO play I enjoy is a bargain by comparison.

Good luck finishing an mmo in a weekend. 1. A lot of filler content in mmos that take up your time, since that is part of the design to enable retention. If the game is long enough then you will want to play the end game, that has even more gear grinds. 2. Mmos have more than one class. Trying to figure what you like will take a while, before even focusing on one character to finish up.

Not all mmos are like this, but i am sure eso will share some of the pit falls of mmos, which will make it a long experience to reach end game.

I just hope for everyone, then they avoid creating different classes but rather make their game into a multi class build. I believe that is the case with eso, but not sure to what extent. At least in that sense, a person can experience more of the game in a months time to make a better assesment on the whole game.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

If the game had no instancing and focused on public dungeons and group social play, a harsh death penalty, and no quest grind hand holding, yes.

But this is just another WoW clone.

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203

Yeah I will play it for $15/month.  I have no issue with f2p i have an issue with the f2p players that cry its not free enough.  In games I play like swtor and lotro the majority have no issue with f2p but you always have that small, radical group that cries and whines about everything.  I am glad in ESO we wont have that group playing.  

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    If the game is good, price won't really matter. I'd play it anyway. I do prefer a subscription over F2P model any day.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
     I voted no on principle. If it were a different price then maybe, but I have a thing with the $15 price since there is no real justification other than because it is the industry standard. Has nothing to do with being able to afford it, just don't agree with that number anymore.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• migthefigmigthefig Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Yes!!   Bring back the old system!  I miss the early 2000 .  Pay a little 15$ per month and that's it.  no gimmick.  No restriction on anything. 
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    If it doesn't have a F2P model as well, then yes I'll pay a sub.  If it does have a F2P model, then I'll pass it up entirely.  I'm convinced that all the people who are too cheap to commit $15 a month to a game they enjoy bring nothing positive to the game as free players anyway.  They are just a drain on development resources that get spent trying to milk the cash shop.

You make me like charity

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
     I voted no on principle. If it were a different price then maybe, but I have a thing with the $15 price since there is no real justification other than because it is the industry standard. Has nothing to do with being able to afford it, just don't agree with that number anymore.

Well maybe you should do some research on why MMOs charge the $15/month.  You think WoW would still be around if they didnt charge the $15/month?  Its not an industry standard its the way MMO's work.  MMOs are based off of creating NEW content, they need money to create NEW content, that whopping $15/month is for NEW content.  And it also keeps people with flawed "principes" out.  

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by FlawSGI

Almost everything that has a pricetag is overcharging. There are very few things in this world that you can buy at its absolute value. I appreciate your stance. But if you were to extend your principle across all retail, you probably wouldn't be posting here because you wouldn't own any devices to do it with.

Now if it is not worth your perceived value, that sounds more in line with why you're not paying 15 bucks.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Game would have to be loads better than what else is out there. Voting no because I highly doubt it will be.