Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divergence Check it out!

boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404

http://divergence-online.wix.com/divergence-online

Wanted to show others what I am currently keeping an eye on. I like the way this guy's outlook is on the MMO industry in general. He doesnt want major money holders taking over, changing the way games are made. He wants a true sandbox. He is a gamer, making a game. AND this gamer has the skills and knowledge to do it proper (unlike greed monger, ect). Read some of his interviews and watch some of his videos, the guy has a good idea base for this game.

Also kick starter goals have been reached, you can check it out here http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/divergence-online/x/2967153

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Sadly yet another sandbox game which features.....let me quote the developer: 

Divergence Means HARD-CORE

• Open-PVP everywhere. No exceptions. If you don't like the way that alien is checking out your girl, put a bullet in his face. Just be prepapred to lose faction with the establishments bouncers who with enough ruckus may elect to toss your ass out.

Sadly this game will be crap and I wish game developers would understand non-consentual PvP or open PvP doesn't make a sandbox game, in fact it limits the playerbase.

For once I would like to see one of these Sandbox realists develop a game which features all those sandbox elements but within a Full PvE world.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Sadly I wish people would realize not every game has to cater to them.
    There are tons of non full open world PVP games for you to choose from.
    I'd say the open PVP suits the feel they are going for.
    Glad they are too as I'd prefer it.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Well as for me, I am a sandbox pvper, that enjoys the risks of being ganked anywhere at any time. There are too few games of this type out there and its nice to see someone developing one. I do not bash all the games out there that do not have these features. Some of us just arent care bears and enjoy a more hardcore style game.
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    I think there are ways to limit unwanted, wlly-nilly PK'ing in an open PvP environment. Age of Wushu has a decent philosophy on this with their bounty system. I think the key to the future of these sandbox games is finding the balance of freedom vs penalty.

Either way, I'm gonna keep an eye on this title.

Thanks for the heads up OP.