Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan Sieges [Vid] more massive than any other MMO?

2»

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Op...thank you  for the post.I'm coming back! I love siege fighting !!!!!!!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by DaSpack
    mkay Sovrath.... Lineage 2 is also good, but I think ech character alone in AoC have double the amount of animation bones.. as in the wrists can move in AoC, The arms can extend more realistically... etc.. It makes a hell more of load movementwise in an massive event. Just sayin... Are there any other good MMOs that can match these two?

I just don't see how that makes it "massive".

To me "massive" is a lot of people but also a lot of people doing different things on the battle field, having different objectives, etc.

And as someone else pointed out PS2 and EVE seem to have extremely massive fights.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    mkay Sovrath.... Lineage 2 is also good, but I think ech character alone in AoC have double the amount of animation bones.. as in the wrists can move in AoC, The arms can extend more realistically... etc.. It makes a hell more of load movementwise in an massive event. Just sayin... Are there any other good MMOs that can match these two?

I just don't see how that makes it "massive".

To me "massive" is a lot of people but also a lot of people doing different things on the battle field, having different objectives, etc.

And as someone else pointed out PS2 and EVE seem to have extremely massive fights.

I just left DAOC. I wish I'd seen 96 players at a fight.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    daoc had over a 1000 in a  battle its shutter frame but it happened. Still 200-400 not uncommon.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Jetrpg
    daoc had over a 1000 in a  battle its shutter frame but it happened. Still 200-400 not uncommon.

I love to rvr.I have played DAOC on/off since day 1....just to rvr

My wife and I just closed our accounts ....again

we both play to fight other realms

we both just left because that wasn't happening during the extensive hours we devoted to try to have some fun.

I'm delighted you see to be having a totally different experience.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

It depends. You originally asked if anything was more massive, and you got an answer. Now you're asking if anything has more animations.  The answer to the first is L2 and Shaiya are definitely up there. The answer to the second is LOTRO MonsterPlay.

EDIT: I just realized this is a necro'd thread that I had already replied to. :/

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

But moving to the topic, what is really the Age of Conan Siege in terms of massiveness compared to other MMOs. I can't really think of any other MMO that have so many animations and events running at the same time as in Age of Conan. Thoughts on that MMOers? If I wanted a game with more massive events than this, what should I test?

Was in another 900 vs 1300 EVE fight lately, laggy as sh*t at times, but mostly good playable (reinforced node by the devs).

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    The AoC Siege is 48 vs 48 btw.

That's it? Then no, not even close to the most massive. There were raids in EQ1 bigger than that.

DAoC and Darkfall and Eve currently stand as front runners.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by FromHell

EvE is cool, but it´s only big because of empty space.

That's because you either haven't played the game or if you do, as a grunt.

If you are on a battlefield with >500 players with players who actually lose their ships when they get popped, when you are frantically creating a master plan to orchestrate a win, set all the piece son the battlefield, counter enemy movements where 1 sec delay in response can get your fleet tackled and killed is quite an experience I can tell you. :P

And mass PVP doesn't exist in WOW, not in those big scales, if WOW is any good in anything, then it's small scale pvp called arena's.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"