Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People need to realise this.

Comments

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

The only thing some people need to realise, is that just because they like the IDEA that is CU, the rest of us do not need to have it shoved down our throats, none stop, day after day.

Once the CU official forums open up, the spam will probably drop to shoving information down your throat once every 2 days! That's something to look forward to right?

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• VervayneVervayne Member Posts: 18

The only thing some people need to realise, is that just because they like the IDEA that is CU, the rest of us do not need to have it shoved down our throats, none stop, day after day.

If you're not interested in the game, why are you posting on the forums?  /confused

Pretty sure no one is forcing you to read about it.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    there is NO proof of this EVERY SINGLE PvP based game claims it will fix all the problems and make the greatest game ever, most fall short, the only diffrence with this one is it started claiming this before it had any real work done on the game so there is nothing to disprove OR prove that it will be ether of these, dreams are great ideas are great but haveing ether dose not mean you can bring them into reallity, if people want support on this they should give something more concrete.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• jonahenryjonahenry Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by jonahenry

I never said Steve Jobs created anything. I said he made the world iCrazy. Who is to say the Mark Jacobs and his team can't make the world PVP / "TriRealm" crazy? Steve Jobs did an excellent job of organizing a team to accomplish great things, and Mark Jacobs has the same opportunity. What is so wrong about that?

Thats my point of your bad example.

To defend Jacobs, and his creating games...you give an example of someone that made nothing being able to "learn" and "change"...Jobs stayed the same, a salesmen that sold whatever the company he was working for at the time was selling.

Also, there is no "trirealm" world the make crazy...there are DaoC fans...the very premise of this thread is massive hype based on nothing, just having what jacobs says its going to have does not equal that the game is going to be able to do remotely what you "hope" it will do, for all you know, DaoC merely had the perfect blend for you and even the slighest change could ruin it all...much like a certain expansion for the game did for many people.

Steve Jobs did not stay the same. The first round at Apple he and Wozniack created whatever they darn well pleased and forced it on to the world. The second round at Apple they listened to what people wanted and then delivered on those expectations.

Since you're likely not aware, Jobs refused to allow third party creation of apps for the original iPhone until enough people demanded it from him that he had no choice. Mark Jacobs is refusing to develop this game unless there are enough people pledging interest via Kickstarter.

Rather than trying to force some subpar product on the world, the team at CSE is at least trying to determine how much interest there is in such a project. So what in the world is wrong with that?

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Mortify
    Originally posted by Boldyn
    Well unless you want to insult me just to show off to every0one else, you can PM me the insult and I will check it out ASAP!

The fact is that you just fart out comments and call people blind rats without any sort of fact checking.

Just blurt out stuff...

and then blurt out some more...

So next time get your facts straight or stay away from the keyboard.

I allready stated I missed that part, so you can take a chillpill.

Furthermore, it doesn't change the fact that people throw money at KS projects like blind rats, even if I am blind.

Sorry I offended your holy grail, but I confessed to missing that part so I don't feel to bad after all

Originally posted by Vervayne

If you're not interested in the game, why are you posting on the forums?  /confused

because the pure volume of CU threads being started are overflooding all other topics .

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage

Originally posted by Squeak69

because the pure volume of CU threads being started are overflooding all other topics .

Ah, on other boards.  I see.  I only come to mmorpg for specific games (never read the general forums).

Very glad to hear its getting so much attention. lol 

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Sorry but "I'm sure he won't suck it up again" is not enough reason to throw money at a developer whose not even remotely relevant in 2013. If this kickstarter popped up right after DAoC then sure you would be a fool to doubt him. These days he's proven that he's a 1 hit wonder and that's nothing to laugh at but it's also a red flag for supporting games that are borderline guaranteed to fail.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Steve Jobs did not stay the same. The first round at Apple he and Wozniack created whatever they darn well pleased and forced it on to the world. The second round at Apple they listened to what people wanted and then delivered on those expectations.

Since you're likely not aware, Jobs refused to allow third party creation of apps for the original iPhone until enough people demanded it from him that he had no choice. Mark Jacobs is refusing to develop this game unless there are enough people pledging interest via Kickstarter.

Rather than trying to force some subpar product on the world, the team at CSE is at least trying to determine how much interest there is in such a project. So what in the world is wrong with that?

Incorrect. The only way they would take Jobs back at Apple was in a NON-DIRECT CEO role, he would have NO I REPEAT NO Direct control over any department at all because he REMAINED an egotistical powermonger that treated people under him like crap.

As for allowing third party apps, that was STARTED before Jobs came back and HAD to be done because Apple was hurting big and needed a boost.

You seem hell bent on trying to equate Jacobs to Jobs...lol...do you work for him? that last sentence sounded like it. Pure 100% hyped up BS. There isnt even a product for you to see yet somehow, its magically already not "sub-par".

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I think there are plenty of games coming out in the near future or that are in development that can pull off good PvP.  Lets not create this notion that CU is the savior or you will regret it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Isnt this the truth.  Cant we get back to bashing Themeparks and glorifying sandboxes or bashing ESO or GW2.  Never thought I would type this but I'd rather be reading those threads then this CU lovefest going on.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

This post just reeks of yet another attempt by fanbois to silence any dissenting opinion.Nothing new happens in every specific game forums on this site.These are not fan onyl forums,they are open forums for the discussion of said games and that means ALL opinions postive,negative,good,bad,informed,misanthropic et al.

The only peopel who get to decide if soemthing is inappropriate is the site mods not the fanbois OR the haters or any of us inbetween.

• NcrediblebulkNcrediblebulk Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Sorry but "I'm sure he won't suck it up again" is not enough reason to throw money at a developer whose not even remotely relevant in 2013. If this kickstarter popped up right after DAoC then sure you would be a fool to doubt him. These days he's proven that he's a 1 hit wonder and that's nothing to laugh at but it's also a red flag for supporting games that are borderline guaranteed to fail.

While you are entitled to your opinion I don't see the logic behind this. Because Warhammer failed everything else he makes will be terrible? There's no EA or Games Workshop here which were two giant factors of why Warhammer went the way it did. Now don't get me wrong Mark isn't clean, but I just don't see how he isn't relevant in 2013 nor how he is a 1 hit wonder because one game went south when there were at least 2 factors he couldn't control? You state your opinion like it's fact. I'm interested in your opinion but not unless you can provide facts to back it up. How is this game borderline guaranteed to fail? What makes him not relevant in a MMO genre where the only successful games cater to the largest consumer base possible to make money? Why can't a niche game exist like this and be successful?

You harp on people for giving someone a second chance but provide no factual proof of why they are wrong other than opinion.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Why is CU different?  

This is how MJ described it in his interview with Warcry:

"It means players who are fighting against each other night after night in an open world where they are not 'keep trading' for fun and profit, but rather trying to decide whether it's better to burn down the structures they capture or to try to build it up and defend them."

So what other current game out there offers this type of play?

• HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163

You do realize, do you not, that trolling these threads only increases the "overflooding"?  Irony.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    These threads make me laugh, when I read them I picture in my head the crowds in the South Park cartoon with pitch forks all shouting "Rabble, Rabble, Rabble Rabble!" for no reason at all only because there is a small crowd there. But anyway keep it up, its amusing.
  • jonahenryjonahenry Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Incorrect. The only way they would take Jobs back at Apple was in a NON-DIRECT CEO role, he would have NO I REPEAT NO Direct control over any department at all because he REMAINED an egotistical powermonger that treated people under him like crap.

As for allowing third party apps, that was STARTED before Jobs came back and HAD to be done because Apple was hurting big and needed a boost.

You seem hell bent on trying to equate Jacobs to Jobs...lol...do you work for him? that last sentence sounded like it. Pure 100% hyped up BS. There isnt even a product for you to see yet somehow, its magically already not "sub-par".

I am a marketing consultant and venture capitalist. Is there something factually wrong with the statement that CSE is trying to gauge how much interest there is in the concept before going through with it? I've asked a few times what is wrong with CSE's approach and you've failed to do anything except argue about Apple. 

I would much rather prefer a company try to listen to the people that will actually use their product than try to follow the industry norm.  CSE is also  in a better position as a startup company than about 90% of people I've worked with in the business world in that they actually have principles they intend to develop by --- even if  some  prove to be bad or you don't agree with them. 

The whole point of Kickstarter is to "kickstart" a project and generate interest, not deliver a finished product the day it is funded. Just because no other major studio has done it this way doesn't mean it will fail miserably. Plenty of AAA MMO's have come out without the aid of Kickstarter and about the same number have failed miserably.

You seem competent enough to develop your own hype-free MMO however, so please keep us informed as to your progress with that, okay?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Hjamnr

You do realize, do you not, that trolling these threads only increases the "overflooding"?  Irony.

It doesn't matter anymore. Xobdnos would make 5 more threads that backers will bump 50 times per second no matter who replies to them. What people need to do if it bothers them is just ignore the realtime thread watch thing. The problem is that the realtime thing is the reason many people enjoy this site. It helps separate it from the rest. But maybe until this thing is funded (or not funded), people that are bothered by it should just ignore this site for a while.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

People need to stop and realize that I don't give a rats ass what they think.  I have the ability to determine what is best for me, you certaintly can't.  

When this game actually gets funded, developed, and released, maybe I'll give it a try.  You put all of your hopes and dreams in someone elses words, and you have no idea if it's even going to come to fruition.  You have a LOT to learn.

Originally posted by colddog04

It doesn't matter anymore. Xobdnos would make 5 more threads that backers will bump 50 times per second no matter who replies to them. What people need to do if it bothers them is just ignore the realtime thread watch thing. The problem is that the realtime thing is the reason many people enjoy this site. It helps separate it from the rest. But maybe until this thing is funded (or not funded), people that are bothered by it should just ignore this site for a while.

If that aspect bothers folks so much, I think they should follow your advice.

This is a phase, and the activity will die down in a month, or so.   Once CU funds one of their first priorities is getting up their own forums.  Once those are in place, the CU chatter here should taper off to a low hum.

Oh, and just a thought, for those who are bothered by the CU thread activity... if the game doesn't fund, for some reason, don't expect the level of posting to die off, on MMORPG.com. 

If you fund it, they will go away... image

it is easy to promise something, i find it hard to beleave that we have heard so many times before promises that where never kept, and yet people still keep going for it.

i sound bitter i should cause i am, i tyr not to let it show  to much most of time but this CU argument is getting to me, heck i dont even care about CU if he dose everything he says then great i will respect the man alot for it, not that disrespect hiim now i honestly dont care ether way about him,

people seem to be mixing up what people are saying that are aginst this, we are NOT hateing on the game or the man we are distrustful of putting money towards a game, that is nothing but a dream currently, and that is root of our concerns stop saying we are bashing your game cause we arnt, that is not the issue.

and we will continue to state our opion aginst doing this very thing just as people will continue to state why they agree with it.

dose it mean anyone is wrong. .. meh thats a opion not a fact, but if you want to prove yourselve to not be fan boys then ether respond in a manner that explains your reason, or dont, but stop jumping on people for expressing a opion on a forum thats is for people to express thier opions.

edit : removed qoute cause after reading my post it really didnt fit with what i ended up saying.

• GKermichilGKermichil Member Posts: 32

Well said OP.

I think you hit it exactly when you said that if this fails other developers will look long and hard at the thought of having PvP in any future release.  Also, Kickstarter is new as well.  A major campaign failing to meet its goals will also impact that.  It is nice to have a way for developers to get thier ideas to the players without the filter of the publishers risk adverse culture.  A succesful CU wil great for PvP and small developers.  A failed CU hurts both dramtically.

Oh, and just a thought, for those who are bothered by the CU thread activity... if the game doesn't fund, for some reason, don't expect the level of posting to die off, on MMORPG.com. 

If you fund it, they will go away... image

no to be honest if it gets funded we will here a none stop stream of people saying how they where right, and will slowly mellow out to jormaly discussion with how a game is develping ( good or bad) which im fine with although the first part is going to wear then for a while till it dies down.

and if it dousnt get funded we will here threads non stop for awhile about how its our fault the game didnt get funded and its a great lose to gameing and we should fill ashamed about it, which will aslo die down for awhile.

so in short ether way after the kickstarters is over we are still going to be flooded with new CU threads for a week or 2 or 3 until it dies down.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by taurak

People really need to stop fighting and arguing and realise that this is pretty much our only shot at a good PvP game any time in the near future.

Here is where I feel the need to heavily disagree. Just because its designed and mentioned to be like DAOC, doesn't mean its going to be as fun as it. Hell, launch a game with the exact same system of pvp as DAOC today and I'll make a gamble its not well liked and complained about.

Nostologia is a powerful tool, so much so that what we thought was amazing and the 'best thing ever' just isn't able to live up to those standerds, whether its due to advancements otherwise drowning it out or simply our own mentalities changing.

Is it possible CU will have good pvp? Possible, it could also have lackluster pvp as well. Relying on only one game to live up to expectations is only going to hurt you more when it turns out to fall short.