Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is darkfall worth playing as a solo player?

cm01cm01 Member Posts: 47

I played Darkfall 1 from launch, although I played mostly solo, I power gamed the hell out of it and would spend basically all day every day playing it and so I did well.  I played with my partner and clan a little .If I go into Darkfall this time it'll be completely solo, and I'm too busy with life to put so much time into it this time around.

I'd like to know if it's worth playing as a solo player. I know it contains a lot of stuff for guilds and guild fights and players tend to fare better in groups. am I just wasting my time trying to play it solo?

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    NO, unless you want to hang in/near the safe zones.  Being there no alignment system in DFUW, you are fair game and will get repeatedly jumped.
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    With transfers getting a re-buff and if you're a decent player, then why not.
  • cm01cm01 Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by SysFail

What does transfers getting a rebuff mean?

Originally posted by cm01

You might be able to live long enough to make it back to a safe zone before getting ganked.

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178

Tasos already said DF:UW is designed specifically for large groups/guilds.

You will be disappoited if you think it will be fun playing solo or in a small goup.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by cm01

They debuffed transfer skills, so they were a negative, meaning a player couldn't sustain their health/mana/stamina pools indefinitely, but they are reverting them, to what point we dont know yet, but being able to sustain vitals was important for someone outnumbered.

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    I think it could be fun playing solo if you are smart about it. You would have to be really careful, but the danger is an added element for some people. The nice thing is that the grind is much, much better, so it won't require nearly as much time as DF1 did to be PvP viable.
    Originally posted by luvboox
    I think it could be fun playing solo if you are smart about it. You would have to be really careful, but the danger is an added element for some people. The nice thing is that the grind is much, much better, so it won't require nearly as much time as DF1 did to be PvP viable.

And solo PvP is viable! image

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

DF1 atleast was close to perfect for solo roleplaying,if you want to adventure around and feel the danger,maybe find good folks while adventuring or enemies,its was really good game for that.

what i did,i closed all global chats or whatever there was,and ran into the wilderness without magical radio messages wheres enemies and who is having bad moment right now,it was allmost too good.

Let's internet

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I thought the world was huge?  Wouldn't it be possible to run to some far off place and PvE in relative quiet?  I've not played DF1 so I wouldn't know.  If the world is Vanguard like, in it's size, you could hunt in peace for a very long time.

Also would it be possible to play the game almost primarily for the PvE?  Is there enough to the PvE side of the game to do this?

Originally posted by ForumPvP

DF1 atleast was close to perfect for solo roleplaying,if you want to adventure around and feel the danger,maybe find good folks while adventuring or enemies,its was really good game for that.

Unlike DF1, there is no consequence to killing someone in DFUW.  

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    if you like dying sure!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

Originally posted by Mardukk

I thought the world was huge?  Wouldn't it be possible to run to some far off place and PvE in relative quiet?  I've not played DF1 so I wouldn't know.  If the world is Vanguard like, in it's size, you could hunt in peace for a very long time.

Also would it be possible to play the game almost primarily for the PvE?  Is there enough to the PvE side of the game to do this?

The map is actually smaller in DFUW and all PVE locations are known and mapped. If the spot is worth PVE farming, players will in turn get farmed by other players at those locations. 

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

No, your not going to like the game as a soloer.

You will miss out on the clan vs clan warfare and drama, and that my friends is the claim to fame of this game.  That is why you play.

If your a soloer, chances are your going to find yourself too close to another clans holding, and find yourself lacking of back up to properly farm an area.

Soloing might work if you are god mode with the game, chances are your not, and chances are (like in 1.0) the top players are going to use every advantage they can, mainly hacks, and many will get banned again for doing so just to come back under new accounts.

You need support, you need clans for the main objective in game.  Soloing is possible but you miss the best parts of the game, and youll have to farm a TON of mobs and hit a TON of resources to skill up all your crafts and enchants in order to compete, something that works best if your god mode. 

Oh and good luck participating in any naval battles boats take a crapload of resources and needs to be skilled to make anything decent.

Funny though all the other games on this site people are bitching and moaning about no forced grouping content and here we have a game where you better damn well be in a group or ungodly good...unless you stick near a bank and use that bank often at least.

Originally posted by Hancakes

so heres the answer for OP,no.

Theres was somekind of flagging system in DF1 ,if you killed someone and got somekind of flag,i cant remember anymore,but people even exploited that,hiring someone so they could be neutral or something again,they didnt want to roleplay and if this is true that Tasos wants to support them,its just sad.

Let's internet

Theres was somekind of flagging system in DF1 ,if you killed someone and got somekind of flag,i cant remember anymore,but people even exploited that,hiring someone so they could be neutral or something again,they didnt want to roleplay and if this is true that Tasos wants to support them,its just sad.

You turned red in DF1 , which came with a host on consequences. (Anyone could attack you, you couldn't enter NPC cities without getting tower zapped , ect).     In DFUW you just turn red, with no consequences. You are free to enter safe zones and NPC towns without fear of reprisal.  Another bonehead move by AV

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

You turned red in DF1 , which came with a host on consequences. (Anyone could attack you, you couldn't enter NPC cities without getting tower zapped , ect).     In DFUW you just turn red, with no consequences. You are free to enter safe zones and NPC towns without fear of reprisal.  Another bonehead move by AV

The current system is way better than the old system.

Originally posted by Badaboom

There is no system

There is no system

Exactly.

There is no system

Exactly.

You fail to grasp that risk vs reward is a key element of a good sandbox.  There is NO reason not to be red in DFUW. /fail 

Hancakes, I agree with you, but the old system was a failure.  You would have people run in front of your swing and flag you, then you died.  Very new player unfriendly. 

Now we have a safe zone for newbs to learn the ropes and everything outside it is fair game.  There are still consequences because one player killed may be part of a bigger alliance and they send out people to kill the perp.  Essentially though, everyone is fair game so you better have the sounds cranked on your earphones and be on your toes.  For me, this is what is missing in games like GW2...danger from other players.  Without it a game is boring.

There is no system

Exactly.

You fail to grasp that risk vs reward is a key element of a good sandbox.  There is NO reason not to be red in DFUW. /fail 

So heres guidebook for soloers in df uw:

if you meet someone in df uw,because theres nor consequences anymore you need to make those by yourself.

first say hi,and then:

get his facebook,twitter etc

ID

couple photos

phonenumber

ask him to deposit some money to your bank account

mother and fathers real names

address

and something that i forgot.

When that really friendly mate stabs you in the back when you are killing that bat when you have 10 HP,you know what to do since tasos dont.

Let's internet

Hancakes, I agree with you, but the old system was a failure.  You would have people run in front of your swing and flag you, then you died.  Very new player unfriendly. 

Now we have a safe zone for newbs to learn the ropes and everything outside it is fair game.  There are still consequences because one player killed may be part of a bigger alliance and they send out people to kill the perp.  Essentially though, everyone is fair game so you better have the sounds cranked on your earphones and be on your toes.  For me, this is what is missing in games like GW2...danger from other players.  Without it a game is boring.

im all with you that community turns against regenades and that how it should be,theres nothing wrong with roleplaying renegades.But if you played DF1 ,these renegades actually were not renegades at all,they were the carebears who exploited the whole system.

and it will be far more worse now when the system doesnt even exist.

I thought that they are taking it to the next level but it seems that they didnt know how to do it.

But it doesnt matter since there were more exploiters than gamers in DF1 so its not surprise at all.

Let's internet

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87

Um, yes? I'm not saying you can face-roll every group of 50 people you come across, but you can certainly take out single people or groups of two or three if you are smart. How is that not PvP viable?

Part of the trick of good PvP is knowing when to fight, not just how. I get the feeling that you think PvP is either 1) a Zerg, or 2) an OP class with an I WIN button. Don't rage at a game because you can't run around by yourself facerolling everyone in your path.

Um, yes? I'm not saying you can face-roll every group of 50 people you come across, but you can certainly take out single people or groups of two or three if you are smart. How is that not PvP viable?

Part of the trick of good PvP is knowing when to fight, not just how. I get the feeling that you think PvP is either 1) a Zerg, or 2) an OP class with an I WIN button. Don't rage at a game because you can't run around by yourself facerolling everyone in your path.

You have no idea what youre talking about in regards to my thoughts on PvP.

Anyway... Going out solo on a a character geared via solo play is largely a waste of time.  There are simply too many ways to break an engagement in DFUW.