Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breake traditional trend of mmo's how?

2»

Comments

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I think what's killing MMO's is the absolute dedication to levels. It alters the game from challenging content to a challenge of time played.

In the great games there's mobs that seem impossible. Progression was measured by which bosses you had killed. I think you can develop a character in this way and in other ways. Trophies, clothes, houses fancy items that are difficult to get are all better progression. Instead of a level number that's not an immersive part of the game you can have someone wearing dragon horns on a helm or a gryphon cape or whatever symbol of accomplishment you want. There are better ways to get a feeling of accomplishment than just playing a long time.

Make the content challenging, do away with levels and think about progression in a new way and I think people will stay in that game and draw others to the game. If you do that people will put in the same or more time as a level bound game because they love the game. Give me good content and I'll come, give us another grind fest and I won't.

Free or Pay, I don't care. I make enough to pay, but free draws in more people that otherwise might not play.

Asdar

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I know that MMO.

Its called reallife.

I kind of dont need to clone it.