Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of the Evils of the Red Light District !

124»

Comments

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290

First time ArchAge interests me. 

Also the idea that they will change it for the west is silly. Most of the games with sexual content (and certainly the most perverted ones) are actually from the west, Sociolotron, Age of Conan, Uhterverses Red Light District, Second Life just to name a few. 

Also fun fact. The main social RP gathering point in Neverwinter Online is the Moonstone Mask, which is a brothel. 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Is this really in ArcheAge? If so, I've just lost complete interest in this game.

I never had much interest myself, from what I read it just sounds like a greif fest if your not lucky enough to build your home in the safe zone. Then again if its a f2p I'll probally try it out, but I won't expect much. How is the combat? it looks like generic mmo fare from pictures and such. But like every non-us made game that comes to the us it'll prob get butchered with horrible dubbing and parts of the game cut for no really good reason. I know due to liscensing they sometimes cannot afford to have the orignal say japanese va in a jrpg, or space on the disc issues. But if your going to dub a jrpg at least hire people who can actually ya know.. act, insted of just blindly read lines off a script, oh and also, try to hire people who fit the char. I tried p3p dubbed then the undub and the chars feel totally diffrent in the undub, mostly because they actually act in the jp ver, where in the us one they seem to just read their lines not caring.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• edenzeroedenzero Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Is this really in ArcheAge? If so, I've just lost complete interest in this game.

I never had much interest myself, from what I read it just sounds like a greif fest if your not lucky enough to build your home in the safe zone. Then again if its a f2p I'll probally try it out, but I won't expect much. How is the combat? it looks like generic mmo fare from pictures and such. But like every non-us made game that comes to the us it'll prob get butchered with horrible dubbing and parts of the game cut for no really good reason. I know due to liscensing they sometimes cannot afford to have the orignal say japanese va in a jrpg, or space on the disc issues. But if your going to dub a jrpg at least hire people who can actually ya know.. act, insted of just blindly read lines off a script, oh and also, try to hire people who fit the char. I tried p3p dubbed then the undub and the chars feel totally diffrent in the undub, mostly because they actually act in the jp ver, where in the us one they seem to just read their lines not caring.

so wrong on so many levels

but  to not have interest in X and still check it out and post and even try to get info from it...are you from USA? always with a cool story

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    I hope this feature will be in the western version of the game and the "moral knights" stay away. 
  • sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109

how does this turn into american bashing? too each their own, if some people don't want to play it because of this.. fair enough, if it doesn't bother others... again cool.

but no need to bring anti american agenda into it.

This discussion has been closed.