Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post titled Confirmed Missing Features - Addressed

Comments

• ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

It comes down to UW missing a TON of features and content and 11days til launch.

These are features that were suppose to be in the game 6+months ago and still are no where to be found.

Given the long track record of AV and delays and failures to produce. I would say it is safe to assume more of the same from AV and another failure of a game when it goes live.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

That is mainly confirming the missing features are actually missing..

Saying that yup feature will be added after release does not make them no longer missing...

So thanks a lot for confirming that DF:UW will release with lots of major features missing..

• BarazBarkuunBarazBarkuun Member Posts: 2

I played all Darkfall 1 and have been actively playtesting Darkfall Unholy Wars beta.

The list does indeed contain many clearly dishonest information, so it is not hard to tell it is meant to harm rather than to inform.

BUT, yes, there are many features missing at the moment and will be missing the first month or so after launch. Since it is a PvP/conquest game, Adventurine is guessing the game will thrive nonetheless while they add in the missing Schools*, slowly add in ships for example.

*  ( Each of the four Roles has 4 Schools containing 5 powers each. But the Roles currently have two Schools out of four for the moment. The others might be in for launch.)

Should they launch now ?

I personally think they should not launch now, as you only get one chance to make a first impression when tons of people from Steam will try the game. Not to mention the marketing will therefore continue to be lacking. But they are a small company and I am guessing they need funds to continue (it has been almost 6 months since DF1 players paid the subscriptions).

What is this game and why play it ?

As for the hater who, in this thread, has gratuitously insulted players trying DF:UW, I should not respond to such a lack of argument/relevance, but I will remind others that FPS-PvP games of the fantasy-medieval genre are rare and Darkfall is very different. Of course, new games are moving away from the WOW model and may soon compete with the Darkfall niche, but it remains to be seen.

Very sandbox : In general, it is good to know there is little to no questing content, lore or storyline. The game is about players, mostly joined to clans, that wage sieges and raids. Many travel the world solo and go out for small group PvP and PvE (both at the same time really).

So players in Darkfall enjoy the risks, fear factor and the adrenaline of group PvP. I, for one, am terrible at such games in comparison to players of the more recent generations (i.e. I'm old), but yet I find this game to be like an extreme sport: it requires a lot of skill and practice. It is challenging.

Some are also dedicated crafters.

In DF1, some actually liked the PvE as the creatures were more dynamic and less idiotic than most MMOs. In the new DFUW, I find the PvE too easy.

All in all

AV, or Tasos, has greatly improved the community communications or relation this last week.

The developers have made radical changes in order to adapt or respond to the player community. For example, the new Prowess system (which is like experience points really) has cancelled the conflict between players who "macroed" (automated repetitious actions while AFK) and those that don't.

The game is now playable and looks good.

The grind is much less than DF1 (incomparable): you can be PvP viable in a week or so (not uber or maxed, but viable). There still is a grind in my opinion if you really want to develop your character quickly, but otherwise you can just play the game and not seek to grind as such; it will take you a good while to have high attributes, BUT your real skills count a lot more.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Wow some of those responses are hysterical. 

Sound is fine........

Thats your opinion.........

This is a new game, we can leave all that stuff out if we want.........  too funny.

Yeah the this is an all new game gets me-if so why not leave the original game running for those who prefered it, like EQ and EQ 2 are both still running and EQ 2 is an all new game.

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by taus01   Why is anyone still even thinking about spending money on this after the disaster of the first release. Are people really that desperate or is it just plain stupidity?

The money i spent on DF1 was the best money i ever spent in a video game and ill be happily spending money for DFUW as well.

I much prefer spending my money on something so unique like Darkfall, than on shitty overhyped clones like GW2, SWTOR, etc.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    They didn't leave the original game running because there were so few people playing there was no way in hell it would've covered any significant costs. Despite many vets now praising DF1, they didn't actually play it when it was here. (For the last year anyway)
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Despite that i don't agree with the non-sandbox direction Darkfall UW took  i can't recommended this game if core features are missing.

It can't be repeated enough.... core features are missing  >.< !

PS: AV is not known for implementing promised features after launch rather they don't talk about them again is AV's known pattern.

Remember the promised demi gods ? a core PvE element ?  gone it is....and suddenly "it was never promised for UW"..

You are in for such type of lies buying into DF UW.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    And the big bag of gas has been deflated and sent to the toilet. 
  • tincup2013tincup2013 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Despite that i don't agree with the non-sandbox direction Darkfall UW took  i can't recommended this game if core features are missing.

It can't be repeated enough.... core features are missing  >.< !

PS: AV is not known for implementing promised features after launch rather they don't talk about them again is AV's known pattern.

Remember the promised demi gods ? a core PvE element ?  gone it is....and suddenly "it was never promised for UW"..

You are in for such type of lies buying into DF UW.

That list could go on and on and you arer so right....  They are great at the bait and switch....  Heck the missing roles they ninja edited OFF their site; would not shock me if they enver put them in and said we have all the classes inw hat are you talking about those roles....

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Greymoor

But if you read the replies he has a point.

A lot of the original list has been fixed long ago.

Some of it is merely repeats or rewording.

Some more is just opinion.

Some are design choices the OP didn't like.

Other parts were never promised.

DFUW is a new game, why should it have all the features and be just like DF1?

What up greymoor!!  

Fact of the matter is AV has confirmed so much is not ready for launch but will be in after...  Were you around the first launch of the original game when the same thing was said...  That "after launch" turned out to be a good couple of months or in some cases was never put in period...

Dumbest thing that AV could have done is confirm themselves they are launching a half-assed MOD of the original Darkfall.  It is not a brand new game if you look at it deep enough - just a mod.....

• ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97
    They didn't leave the original game running because there were so few people playing there was no way in hell it would've covered any significant costs. Despite many vets now praising DF1, they didn't actually play it when it was here. (For the last year anyway)

2 years of no updates to the game that players were paying monthly for followed by delay delay delay delay darkfall 2010 darkfall arena, darkfall 2.0  delay , then shutdown for darkfall uw..... That kind of destroys a playerbase that was already way to small for the server.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Asheram
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Wow some of those responses are hysterical. 

Sound is fine........

Thats your opinion.........

This is a new game, we can leave all that stuff out if we want.........  too funny.

Yeah the this is an all new game gets me-if so why not leave the original game running for those who prefered it, like EQ and EQ 2 are both still running and EQ 2 is an all new game.

i agree, they should have done that.

i'm sure they are worried it will fracture their player based (and it would), but when the 2 are so different from each other, it'd be the right thing to do.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by ChaosChest

2 years of no updates to the game that players were paying monthly for followed by delay delay delay delay darkfall 2010 darkfall arena, darkfall 2.0  delay , then shutdown for darkfall uw..... That kind of destroys a playerbase that was already way to small for the server.

And Greymoor wonders why no one has any faith  in AVs "soon after release" promises for DFUW. image The current " brief " beta turning into 5+ months after being advertised as being ready in November should be enough. 

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Hancakes

And Greymoor wonders why no one has any faith  in AVs "soon after release" promises for DFUW. image The current " brief " beta turning into 5+ months after being advertised as being ready in November should be enough. 

I think it was said pretty well here in this thread:

~IF~ so many things are going to be added "immediately after the launch" why would'nt you hold off release so they can be added pre-launch?

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361144-IF-so-many-things-are-going-to-be-added-quot-immediately-after-the-launch-quot

Also, the original Mr White embarassment thread is here:

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361102-Post-titled-Confirmed-Missing-Features-Addressed

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i have no experience with DF1 but have been in DFUW beta.  i think AV has done a good job listening to players and implementing things that have improved the game.    most of the people that complain about UW are DF1 players.  AV has decided to try a different route and make a new game.  one that i find entertaining.  im looking forward to launch and future updates.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by MMO_Fan

~IF~ so many things are going to be added "immediately after the launch" why would'nt you hold off release so they can be added pre-launch?

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361144-IF-so-many-things-are-going-to-be-added-quot-immediately-after-the-launch-quot

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?361102-Post-titled-Confirmed-Missing-Features-Addressed

The first thread is a very good question and deserves an answer, (given AV track record )yet it was quickly derailed into attacks on other posters.  Guess there no room for logic on the DF forums. 

Originally posted by MMO_Fan

Yup as you and Hancakes and you have posted - great question!!  IF ths stuff is ready for immediate relese then delay launch a week or two...  That is not long at all if ALL these featurs are ready.....

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Originally posted by taus01

Why is anyone still even thinking about spending money on this after the disaster of the first release. Are people really that desperate or is it just plain stupidity?

Darkfall was good. The players made the community bad. Also the game wasn't sandbox, but that doesn't mean it's auto bad. It was pretty good. If it had different server PvP rulesets, that game would be a huge hit. Also bit more sand to make it Sandpark at least.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• RisstorRisstor Member Posts: 12

so the defense is...

mostly added after launch

so this disgruntled person is basically correct?

saw a heck of a lot of green responses stating "added shortly after launch"

from the sheer number - what is exactly in at launch?

Originally posted by Risstor

so the defense is...

Pretty much - also go read the "History of Broken Promises" in this forum to give you an idea how quickly they put in stuff...  Many months or even never.....

Summed up perfectly by TenLoves

Originally Posted by TenLoves View Post

I wonder if the community guy in this thread is a pure joke or just a desperate action of community management by Aventurine. I'm still debating as to whether it is one of the two.

I like how you are saying that this is a new game and "good" things from the old game shouldnt be in the game. I mean come on? You guys destroyed the game we all loved. I had 60 guys starting the beta back in decemember, which of exactly 0 are still playing as of today. I think in total about 5 of our guys plan to play at launch. The sole reason people are interested in DFUW is because Darkfall 1 was a beast of a game with no updates or content added in its last two years of its life. You get it? The reason people ARE playing your game, for the most part, is because they loved or used to love Darkfall 1.

You describe a sloppy UI, a shitty radial menu and a bad bank and bagpack system as the posters "opinion"? Let me tell you, thats not just the posters opinion, those are a few of the reasons my whole clan is not touching the game and I know as a fact that many others arent playing precisely because some of those reasons as well.

The classes are extremely unbalanced, thats what you get. Let me tell you community sir, when you only have less or half of the classes in, you cannot balance it because nobody knows what is going to come of the other classes. On top of that, as a matter of fact, class systems do not belong in sandbox games. Have you guys read your own suggestion forum over the years? People have been asking for a skillcap system for so many times and even WARNED you guys that classes will result in a rock, paper and scissor game(BlueOreo). Why didnt you guys just kept it with the prestige classes or with a skillcap?

Lastly, as others have mentioned, the responses you gave indicate that most of the stuff that HmmMaybe(I think) posted at the start of the beta are still not fixed or implemented. This will just hurt you guys in the end and is a stupid decision.

I wish you guys all the best, but I do not expect UW to be anywhere near good. It is such a shame, it might be sounding nerdish, but something I just wish I could play Darkfall 1 again, even if it was just for a few hours. I miss that rush so much
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Wow...so funny reading these posts about things that are just...wrong.  The people saying I tried DF 1 and it failed because...

Well...you are wrong, DF failed for you for those reasons, but DF was a huge success, or there wouldn't be a DF2.  The pvp ruleset of DF1 was what made people stay as it was different.  For those that didn't like it...had they had changed it...the game wuold have lost all of those other people...then a few may have stayed. 

As far as the new games AI...well, I would say the UI is more of a general concenus not just opinion.  I personally don't mind it...but the masses do. 

Now all of that said, yes I'm a DF fanboy, but to the OP...come on.  You know aventurine and if you really believe all of those things are being added after launch...you are nuts.  Hell, "first week of March debug mode will be turned off which will fix a lot of things."  Guess what...we're a week away from launch and its still on.  If you aren't okay with the game now...you won't be later.  Love what you have as this is what you are going to get, if you dont like it...don't expect much more.  That's just the truth of how AV works.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by SirBalin

Now all of that said, yes I'm a DF fanboy, but to the OP...come on.  You know aventurine and if you really believe all of those things are being added after launch...you are nuts.  Hell, "first week of March debug mode will be turned off which will fix a lot of things."  Guess what...we're a week away from launch and its still on.

Pretty much - time to see what they put out in just a mere 4 days....

• TheKrautTheKraut Member Posts: 48

so the defense is...

[mod edit]

You have to buy it to see whats in it.

so the defense is...

Pretty much.  You also know the UI for a PC game is total FAIL when folks have to post guides on how to use AHK instead, lol

This discussion has been closed.