Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Open Beta Arrives April 30th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Mark your calendars for April 30th when Neverwinter will officially enter its open beta phase of development. According to a new blog post on the official site, the final closed beta session will occur on April 12th where testers will be able to access the Professions System, play to level 50 and keep access to their beta weekend 3 characters.

• First opportunity to experience Neverwinter's Profession System

• Explore one or all four different types of professions: Leadership, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, and Leatherworking.

• Play through 50 levels of content, including improvements based on feedback from Beta Weekend Three.

• If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Great 50 levels of crashing every two minutes.....
  • AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Hence the term beta, 

That being said, game didn't pull me in. I'll keep an eye on it though.. 

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    I keep a eye on it to, just to make sure it does not cross my path again. cheap b grade copy paste mmo
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Yea... I was hopeful but the game was pretty weak. Nothing stood out as being all that engaging for me... Another #womp MMO.
  • eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157
    Are they putting in some new weapon graphics in for this beta, because going through 30 levels swinging the exact same sword makes it get old even faster.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• OrrionkaOrrionka Member Posts: 19
    The caster types played fine, Melee needed a LOT of work.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Good news, cant wait for release...the foundry is an amazing tool and I can already see a ton of content coming from it, I already have some old D&D stories ready to port into the game.

The MMO genre really needed a RPG for RPers and I have no problems if this game does not attract a SINGLE average MMO player, there are already a ton of humdrum themepark MMOs for them.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• GrimsbiGrimsbi Member Posts: 10
    I played all 3 BW and never crashed once.
  • thegnthegn Member Posts: 3
    Yep, no crashes here.  Enjoyed myself.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Is it me or Neverwinter is turning out to be the longest tested beta by players in last 10 years? i have been testing and testing and..testing...and now there is more testing ;)

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Will give the game one more try, not sure it's the game for me.

• DefectDefect Member Posts: 246
    I had a lot of fun with this game in BW 3. I am realy looking forward to open beta and release!
  • SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by zerocount

Game never crashed for me? Played all 3 weekends and have the bed sores to show I played a LOT. Fix your stuff maybe?

That being said - I'm excited for the Professions. Nerdy as it sounds, I'm interested in what Leadership will entail. I'm a backline kinda player - support role. Will be nice to see what group buffs and passives will come with this Leadership skill.

As for length of testing - I'm aiet with it as long as feedback is listened to, and the end result actually shows that the beta testing fixed things :)

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Open Beta means 1 thing and one thing only they want to stress test the server. They want to see what it will take to crash the server so that way they can fix it before the game goes live. This is the very last round of testing before a game goes live. There is only one company that skips this step and that is SOE. SOE's Beta Testing Schedule Goes Alpha Testing, Stage 1 Beta Testing Stage 2 Beta Testing, Release of Live Client. That would explain why they always have the buggiest games around release of the live client.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Is it me or Neverwinter is turning out to be the longest tested beta by players in last 10 years? i have been testing and testing and..testing...and now there is more testing ;)

It hasnt been tested long, in fact, its very short seeing as how most of it is in house and they are only doing big "weekend" testing. Most MMOs have large beta groups for upwards of 6 months before going to an open beta for a month or two so...

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

If this problem continues to live i would understand but the whole point of beta's is to load and stress servers and with open beta the servers will be stressed even more.

Did you send the feedback about this issue?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    No CBT4 keys?
    Originally posted by jtcgs

It hasnt been tested long, in fact, its very short seeing as how most of it is in house and they are only doing big "weekend" testing. Most MMOs have large beta groups for upwards of 6 months before going to an open beta for a month or two so...

I have been beta testing NW for over two months now and there is still more testing coming up. 

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I got my money refunded on this Cryptic garbage. I refuse to pay for mediocre gameplay, content and horrible character models considering the level of technology and skill available in today's video games. 

I suggest people vote with their wallets and not support this kind of dev-created crud, no matter the interest in player-created content. All it will result in is player-created crud. 

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100

Neverwinter for me will be a good entertainment diversion for a few weeks between doing beta within other games. That being said if they managed to add in a true end-game I might be more interested. For now, to me, its an STO clone that is not in space. One linear leveling path with mild entertainment, no real death penalties and easy-mode gaming with some doding elements. 

Neverwinter isn't bad, it just isn't "that" good either which is why it will release, spike and then dive. This is of course Cryptic/PWE though so it will do exactly what all their games do. <shrug>

• BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by McGamer

I got my money refunded on this Cryptic garbage. I refuse to pay for mediocre gameplay, content and horrible character models considering the level of technology and skill available in today's video games. 

I suggest people vote with their wallets and not support this kind of dev-created crud, no matter the interest in player-created content. All it will result in is player-created crud. 

Already have voted with my wallet, I bought a Guardians pack....I suggest people dont try and tell others what their idea of an acceptable game is.

• uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Only crashes for me was when I passed out at 2am. The game was fun story interesting for a free mmo. What makes me sad is seeing same icons for some classes what I wan to see is the casters get buffed and not be so lame feeling.
    Originally posted by jtcgs

I have been beta testing NW for over two months now and there is still more testing coming up. 

Yes and as I said, most MMOs are beta tested for 6 months before an open beta...2 months is a lot shorter than 6.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    Originally posted by McGamer

you do realize the game is free to play right so voting with your wallet means absolutely nothing.  i wont spend a dime most likely but might play around on the game from time to time when i get bored with my normal mmo or dont feel like playing it that day.  so i voted with my wallet and spent nothing on this free to play game.  other people might have different wallets than mine though that might want to spend on the game.  to each their own.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

You are in the minority.

Also, the beta should iron out those problems, assuming they aren't on your end.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?