Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmed Missing Features

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

This has been confirmed just so you guys not in beta do not get the wool pulled over tyour eyes...

Here is your true list...

LOL...is that it? image  They should be able to knock those features out in 18-24 months.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Daa posted the most up to date which still shows 90% of the crap stillmissing/broken.
    Originally posted by Hancakes

This has been confirmed just so you guys not in beta do not get the wool pulled over tyour eyes...

LOL...is that it? image  They should be able to knock those features out in 18-24 months.

Some people have just not been burned enough by AV, lol  They will wake up in a few months or ya hope anyhow....

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Some people have just not been burned enough by AV, lol  They will wake up in a few months or ya hope anyhow....

If you're not trolling you should probably update the OP. Not only removing the fixed features/bugs but also the pointless ones added in their and the opinions tagged onto them.

You want to sit here and say how AV is lying and there's soooo much missing but then lie to people yourself?

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    The missing roles are a non-factor, as you are not pigeonholed into a specific role and can change it on a whim.  About time they released.  Sick of waiting. 

If you're not trolling you should probably update the OP. Not only removing the fixed features/bugs but also the pointless ones added in their and the opinions tagged onto them.

You want to sit here and say how AV is lying and there's soooo much missing but then lie to people yourself?

Okay - there removed all the items confirmed to be fixed for ya so that no false information is given - still a daunting list....

The missing roles are huge - it means you can only play 1 class one way....  It is bland and gives you no other option or flexibility....

Originally posted by Badaboom
    The missing roles are a non-factor, as you are not pigeonholed into a specific role and can change it on a whim.

Tasos tells a much different story.   They've done such a wonderful job on the current roles and have had 5+ months to work on them. image /endsarcasm

Okay - there removed all the items confirmed to be fixed for ya so that no false information is given - still a daunting list....

The missing roles are huge - it means you can only play 1 class one way....  It is bland and gives you no other option or flexibility....

Sigh...

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

So a few fans of darkfalls is trying to troll OP, OP gave mmorpg a clear picture of curent status of dark fall.

OP whistleblow on the company and this sandbox game darkfall, and he is stating facts not fiction. So thw darkfall fans come here trying to cover up stuff , so the other sandbox mmorpgs could fall victim to darkfall?

Is THIS LIke  WARZ ALL OVER AGAIN? Sounds to me like some darkfall fans come in here trying to cover up for darkfall, almost like politicians. Also if you think OP is wrong then come in here and tell us what is really missing I want no BS, or sweet talk or whatever you come up with and give mmorpg sandbox players a clear picture and we can make our own decision to buy or not to buy.

Originally posted by archeageking

So a few fans of darkfalls is trying to troll OP, OP gave mmorpg a clear picture of curent status of dark fall.

OP whistleblow on the company and this sandbox game darkfall, and he is stating facts not fiction. So thw darkfall fans come here trying to cover up stuff , so the other sandbox mmorpgs could fall victim to darkfall?

Is THIS LIke  WARZ ALL OVER AGAIN? Sounds to me like some darkfall fans come in here trying to cover up for darkfall, almost like politicians. Also if you think OP is wrong then come in here and tell us what is really missing I want no BS, or sweet talk or whatever you come up with and give mmorpg sandbox players a clear picture and we can make our own decision to buy or not to buy.

I took Caaahl's list and just removed the fixed items so it was 100% clear and that is his work also not mine.  Either way say you take 50% of that and toss it off the table - still a hell of a lot of crap missing or broken in my opinion.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    so 90% of that list is still valid. what are the DF defenders even trying to accomplish? if you take away 10% of the crap wrong with a game like DF, MO or TSW, it's still more than enough to warrant concern and no amount of sweet talking will smooth that shit over.

Greymoor - I have edited the list per your request.  If people view the list and still desire to play/buy the game I sincerely hope they enjoy it.  And if I gave information to some people on the fence and they decide not to spend their $ then I am glad I helped them as well.

This list is spot on and confirmed from various sources.

Greymoor - I have edited the list per your request.  If people view the list and still desire to play/buy the game I sincerely hope they enjoy it.  And if I gave information to some people on the fence and they decide not to spend their $ then I am glad I helped them as well.

This list is spot on and confirmed from various sources.

The missing features are only half the problem, I could care less if the game was fun in its current state. They need to rebuild and perfect the games core mechanics first.

Originally posted by archeageking

Except the OP really DIDN'T do that though.

He posted an extremely old list. AV has done a lot of work since that list was originally published and it was unfair of the OP to try sell it off as an up-to-date summary.

The OP also added into a ton of fluff/extremely minor/never expected in DFUW things to bulk out the list to make it look far worse than the real situation.

Then ontop of that he added in personal opinions as "missing" or "bugged".

The OP has a talent for drama for sure but this is no WarZ situation, AV is fairly transparent and customers will know what to expect when the NDA drops today or tomorrow (?)

Originally posted by Rthuth434
    so 90% of that list is still valid. what are the DF defenders even trying to accomplish? if you take away 10% of the crap wrong with a game like DF, MO or TSW, it's still more than enough to warrant concern and no amount of sweet talking will smooth that shit over.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    I don't know what it is about anything Darkfall related that brings out so many drama queens and induces so much emotion, but hot damn it makes for some entertaining reading. This is gonna a lot of fun the second time around.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

No Dungeons (You fail to mention they're planning to implement them for launch or extremely close after)
    Chaos cities were NEVER intended for DFUW
    The entire world was redesigned so saying NPC cities removed isn't a valid thing to say.
    Wildlife is a very minor feature...
    Chat system you express an opinion.
    Your mounts point is a singular point not two.
    No need to mention monsters, you have a whole section on that.
    Party system is your opinion, having any member invite sometimes did more harm than good. Being able to kick however is a clear advantage of the new system.
    Double jump is an invalid point, it was always a bonus you had to choose.
    Quests removed??? We have the prowess quests now.
    They removed a lot of passive abilities that were pointless grinds, why list that as a negative?
    Again... world redesigned, changing of old areas isn't missing content
    Enchanting and transmutes are one point

Load lag and performance are still on the balance of debug, why mention until we know for sure?
    A second point about dungeons?
    Mounts have the same controls, that's not missing content
    Boss mobs under a single point...
    AI is always changing hence the fixed mobs
    Safezones are as intended and not unfinished content
    PvE is fun for many people, your opinion
    Player holdings/villages have been tested
    A point for the name? Not really a point
    Armour protections have been reworked
    Old statues represent the ancient history of the world.. not a point
    GUI has a few flaws but in generally is praised for being worlds better than the original GUI (So opinion again), you'd already convered the chat GUI which is a main issue with it.
    Slower combat is a taste thing not a 'major problem' many enjoy the slower non-arcade style combat
    AV are addressing combat and class balance and have been, no massive unbalance exists
    Class abilities not done :S???
    Smaller world was by design, not a major problem, an opinion again
    Tutorial takes a couple of minutes not a major problem
    Chaos chests are not a major problem
    New players can get competitive much faster than DF1 so really that's a fixed.
    Random crits are not a major problem
    Crosshair wobble fixed, why mention at all?
    Swim speed whilst casting not a major problem although some classes can't fight in water (big problem)
    Already mentioned sea towers and boats
    Polearm knockback not a major issue
    Sorry you couldn't find the effective way to farm particular resources :s ?
    Not a major problem or true at all
    Siege equipment/hammers/spikes not a major problem...
    Small balances...
    They altered and changed many player holdings already to improve them
    Multiple mentions for GUi again
    They're fixing stat mangement, why mention?
    Not a issue
    Not an issue

5-10th point for GUI? Were most of it is very good
    More points about the chat you've already mentioned?
    Exploited monsters fixed
    Gates closing is intended...
    those are not my opinions... that is a consolidated list with feedback from the players so do not try to say it is only me.... Again for arguements sake even if you take 50% of the updated list and take it away still hella long list...

oh and your comment about dungeons "soon after release" - remember AV stated months ago they were done. Also to educate you in their version of soon they said Primalist would be ready soon after the original November release date and it took 5 months... So yeah bro keep kidding yourself with soon....
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Caaahl
    Thanks Daa - so yeah still 90% of it broken, lol

At least i try to inform people with facts instead of utter bs and false information.

Its clearly not utter bullshit all you corrected was like 10 odd things..  the rest is still an issue.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

OP presents a very clear picture of the current state of the game.  I for one appreciate when people provide this type of insight as it helps me to make better decisions regarding which games to invest time and effort in.

We really have to stop supporting game companies that release unfinished products.  Time and time again we're told that features and content will be added "shortly after launch" but it rarely happens.

I realize that there aren't many options for MMO players looking for more of a hardcore PvP experience but please stop trying to mislead people into thinking this game will be even remotely close to launch ready by April 16th.

Originally posted by Caldrin

At least i try to inform people with facts instead of utter bs and false information.

Its clearly not utter bullshit all you corrected was like 10 odd things..  the rest is still an issue.

There's no arguing its still a LONG list with major features still on it.   It is very entertaining watching people try to trivialize it. LOLimage

So exactly why was the OPs post reported?

Originally posted by Caldrin

There's no arguing its still a LONG list with major features still on it.   It is very entertaining watching people try to trivialize it. LOLimage

So exactly why was the OPs post reported?

Probably reported for being an honest - no BS post developed by all the players...

Also - sent ya  PM.

Originally posted by fat_taddler

I realize that there aren't many options for MMO players looking for more of a hardcore PvP experience but please stop trying to mislead people into thinking this game will be even remotely close to launch ready by April 16th.

This failed tactic proves more harm than good, time after time.  Then they wonder where all the "haters" came from.

This failed tactic proves more harm than good, time after time.  Then they wonder where all the "haters" came from.

That is also why they removed all the schools not implemented from their website.  That way they can cover it up and NEW players will not even know 1/2 their class options are even missing.....  It is very shady to do that....

That is also why they removed all the schools not implemented from their website.  That way they can cover it up and NEW players will not even know 1/2 their class options are even missing.....  It is very shady to do that....

I'm certain they'll purge the beta forum as well.

This discussion has been closed.