Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmed Missing Features

So sorry and forgot to give credit to (Hmm Maybe) as he started this list.  I was just reposting it here to continue to spread the truth about the state of the game.  A shame he got banned also on the forums for posting a factual list....

[mod edit -NDA in effect]

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    ~ Fun
  • wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    So very sad to agree with this list :(
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Was thinking about finally checking it out, but if your list is correct then I'll pass.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Seems they need some more testing and development but i doub soon greeks dont get much money:P
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid
    Was thinking about finally checking it out, but if your list is correct then I'll pass.

Yeah man - they only have 1/2 of every class implemented....  Never seen a MMO launch with every class missing half of its advertised abilities....  lol

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Wow! What a list. I'm glad I've taken the wait and see approach on all the mmo's this year. image

That's one sad list.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Tayah

Wow! What a list. I'm glad I've taken the wait and see approach on all the mmo's this year. image

That's one sad list.

To be fair a few of the things have been fixed but 90% of that list is still valid.  There just has not been an updated post.  Still 90% of that listis just awful....

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Yes the game is definately missing a lot of key features that would add to the experience. But they've definately done a lot of good to the game in the past 5 months and the first few months of the release promise a blast of a time similar to that of DF1 release (minus stability/exploit/bug issues).

Hopefully they can pump out key content like markets, dungeons and mobs quickly as they've promised.

Adding content won't magically make DFUW a better game, too many core issues.
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Didn't I see this happen before...

What part? 

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Tayah

That's one sad list.

His list is mostly correct. This is going to be a disaster - which maybe exactly what Aventurine wants - to intentionally kill off Darkfall so they can /bankrupt and move to concentrate on their main projects unfettered with debt and commitments.

LOL - they just permabanned me from the forums for this reason below....  Do not voice your opinion over there, lol

Not even a warning at all....

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Constant negative stance.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    The list has a lot of opinion, for lack of a better word. Non the less there is still a lot here.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by Caaahl

The list is months old and and not up to date.

Many points from the list are invalid by now since things have been patched and changed.

OP is obviously just trying to hurt the game and its launch. Some sad attention whoring people out there...

90% of that list is valid, lol

Thanks Daa - so yeah still 90% of it broken, lol
    Oh 90% of that list still not fixed or addressed is quite factual indeed :)  Thanks!
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

This has been confirmed just so you guys not in beta do not get the wool pulled over tyour eyes...

Missing content from DF1

• No more party waypoints. (i think they added this back in game with a recent patch)
    • Meditation removed. Again promotes afk macroing. (The basicly remove macroing the game with the prowess system, can only realy macro a digging macro but thats not realy useful unless u want alot of food)
    • No salvaging. (<3 Telc) (Salvaging is ingame)
    • No more wonders. (<3 HoldenXoX) (I beleive wonder are disable i recall in a dev video saying somthing bout wonder cities)

Missing promised content and fixes
    • No way to bind sword and shield to the same key. Still needs a 3rd party macro. (is in game already)
    • Massive persistence problem and duping is rampant. (fixed)
    • Red Pyramid on Rubiyat has disapeared. (Red pyramid is still on ruby)
    Unfinished content
    • Only 6/16 classes have been implemented. (8/16 now)
    • Massive safe zones which are easily abuse-able. A whole system needs to be put in place to stop this abuse which is already happening on border lines. (safe zones sizes have been reduced and there is a 20 delay on being safe when entering a safe zone)

General gripes and major problems with the game

• Bloodwalls viable again. (dont gain anything from bloodwall since prowess change)
    • Even less reason for players to use boats with the absence of sea towers, low availability of black powder, lack of sea creatures. (blackpowder is easy to get whgen u kill the right mobs)
    • Armor Racks / Weapon Racks are being farmed by afk players for high ranking gear in safezones. (Can only get seletine/equiv items from wracks now)
    • Without significant changes, Player cities will prove to be untakable impenetrable fortresses come release. (might be a insentive to use cannon/warhulks/ships for city seiges when they get implemented not gonna matter until player can build wall around there city anyway which will take awhile)
    • No tools to get over walls on raids. Really needs craftable ladders or something. (You can use certain spells to get over walls of player cities for example repel and then foebringer the other guy up aswell)
    • Many player holdings terrain has remained unchanged from the DF1, yet the cities placed their have changed. Many of the unique holdings have lost the special things about them. (Aradoth, Apautan, Sunthrone, Longmarch, etc) (this is true unfortuently they tried making all the city the same which is a shame)
    • Holding F interface for mounts/bank is vastly inferior to 2 separate binds and is a poor use of a radial system. (They fixed this aswell to a degree just pressing F will do the first option, mount a mount, open ur own bank holding F will bring up rest of options)

Bugs

• Some abilities and skills level extremely slowly compared to others. (no lonmger an issue with prowess change)
    • Treasure maps not working. (<3 DAA KAPUTTMACHA) (they work now)
    • Allies cannot bind to clan stone, even if names are added individually. (<3 Nobody Special) (fixed)
    • Clan alliance chat not working. (<3 Daa Kuputtmacha) (fixed)
    • Player city guard towers shoot allies. (<3 BabyBear)(fixed)

Some of ur list has been fixed already.

Originally posted by sanshi44

This has been confirmed just so you guys not in beta do not get the wool pulled over tyour eyes...

Missing content from DF1

Some of ur list has been fixed already.

Yet a majority hasn't in the 5 months of beta and the games going live in less than 2 weeks. image  At the current rate AV would need another 2 years.

And now close to launch they want zero negative feedback - me and another friend perma banned.  My bad you cannot voice that you are not happy with the direction they are taking....

And now close to launch they want zero negative feedback - me and another friend perma banned.  My bad you cannot voice that you are not happy with the direction they are taking....

Yet, Tasos has been asking for feedback.  The DF forums ave always been full of negative feedback and for good reason.  Poll after poll showed the majority have major issues with the game.  I'm sure the bans are just the beginning as they move to lift the NDA.

Tell me about it - they want the feedback then they put a launch date and bam - perma banning people......  Shady company I tell ya.
  • KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    There's a difference between constructive feedback and constantly trolling threads for the sake of it, which I heard is what you were doing?

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

Missing content from DF1

• No Dungeons in game. (Not including starter dungeons) (At or shortly after launch)
    • Can no longer link items in chat.
    • No more coloured chat.
    • Can no longer resend messages or view sent message history.
    • No more trade channel.
    • Sea towers removed.
    • Almost all boats removed.
    • Warhulks removed.
    • Funhulks removed.
    • Sithras removed.
    • Currently no way to create cannons.
    • No more cheese (<3 Arcturus)
    • Battlehorns, Bluetails and Horses removed.
    • Shulgan Drake removed. (<3 BabyBear)
    • No Item Counter.
    • No Compass.
    • No internal clan ranks.
    • No clan log.
    • No clan bank log.
    • All quests removed. (these weren't THAT bad and i did every single alfar quest in DF1)
    • No ingame lore.
    • No clan political overview. (can't see current allies/enemies in clan tab)
    • No way to see peoples clan ranks in other clans, before you could find someone from an appropriate rank to contact.
    • Emotes removed.
    • Barbers removed.
    • Pack mule and Tireless removed. (<3 Caldrin)
    • No more epic gank animations for different weapons (<3 blob)
    • No more /stuck command.
    • No more trade routes. (<3 Deadlyhit)
    • No Enchanting. (<3 Telc)
    • No more jewelcrafting. (<3 Deadlyhit)
    • No more wonders. (<3 HoldenXoX)
    • No more Web Journal. (<3 BabyBear)

Missing promised content and fixes
    • Land towers not implemented.
    • No demi gods in game.
    • Red Pyramid on Rubiyat has disapeared.
    • Feature to make gearbags has not implemented.
    • Weather effects not implemented (They were client side only in DF1 anyway, so no real loss)
    • Still no meaningful improvement to boats with the weather system. (This was apparently disabled just before DF1 launch and just needed finishing touches)
    • DF 2 was said to have multiple types of ranged weapons with different characteristics(Hinted at Longbows/Shortbows/Crossbows). There is only a default bow.
    • No Armor Dyes.
    • None of the new monsters from the concept art are in the game.
    • No Market/Auction house. (<3 Nat daprat)  (At or shortly after launch)
    • No resource monoliths.
    • The new racial models which we have been shown to us from 2010 have been scrapped. These represented numerous blog updates spaced weeks if not months apart with little other meaningful updates during this time.

Unfinished content

• Only 8/16 classes have been implemented.
    • Sprinting and turning with the mouse is not affected by momentum. The same problems exist where simply sprinting forwards while moving your mouse side to side makes you a ridiculously hard target.
    • Massive safe zones which are easily abuse-able. A whole system needs to be put in place to stop this abuse which is already happening on border lines.
    • Allies names not showing in green. (<3 Nobody Special)
    • Unarmed mastery in game but not actually usable (<3 Nat Kro)

Bugs
    • When starting to type in chat due to interface lag the first few characters are normally cut and need to be retyped. Also causes many miss sent messages into Global. (Default chat channel)
    • Can't copy and paste from chat.
    • Can no longer pick up player flags.
    • Can use dash/stampede to go up verticle walls.
    • Safezones in the middle of the ocean due to starter zone being under the ocean.
    • Level 25 Tailoring items are completely missing. (<3 Nobody Special)
    • While encumbered, you move faster backward. (<3 C^ae^R)
    • Launch ship cannon can't be rotated properly.

Here is your true list...

Originally posted by KatlaOdindottir
    There's a difference between constructive feedback and constantly trolling threads for the sake of it, which I heard is what you were doing?

Oh yeah - who ya hear that from....  Do tell.  I did troll some but also did give constructive feedback and so did my friend.  There are so many people that troll more than I did by far when I did do it....

You were rightfully banned from the beta forums, you don't add anything to the discussion there apart from negativity. (Not in a constructive way).

As for this, initially I looked at it and thought 'yep he's right' but reading further in it was so outdated and bulked up to make it look far more drastic than it is.

This discussion has been closed.