Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ideas to spread the word

BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

- Obviously use our new banner available on official CU web site on web sites and in our emails account

- we all change our name in any online games we play to Camelot Unchained

- Tomorrow i'll be working on a one page or half a page ad and will drop copies to a few game stores around where i live. (if i can find my old image editing programs :D, if i have time, i'll make one in french and one in english, you guys will be able to download it as well)

On that last idea, do i need some kind of approval by CSE to do that ? if you read that Mark, let me know, dont want to put you guys in a bad situation.

Add in your ideas as well !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
Thurka on WAR

Comments

• morfidonmorfidon Member Posts: 245
    I'd suggest talking with streamers / youtube channel gurus and ask them if they know camelot unchained. Maybe they will talk about it on their channel. That's pretty the best not invasing option.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Ideas:

Offer FPs for us doing things like re-posting twitter, facebook, pinterest, etc. info about CU and making "street art" to rep CU.

Sign up for and join as many MMO sites with forums as you can and talk about CU to the people that are sick of the current crop.

Youtube CU anything.

Make outlandish statements on the web like "If CU Funds I'll get the CU logo tattood on my X"

Make characters and guilds in other MMOs referencing CU (as discussed prior this might ruffle some feathers)

MJ himself is a pretty interesting story, Hero to banished to comeback kid. Maybe some new folks would like to pick up on that? He is like Rocky and the Industry is like Apollo...I think WOW is probably the Russian (Soulless corporate-"If he dies, he dies")...SWTOR is probably Mr. T (came out hard but just didn't have the stam to keep his momentum). WAR is probably that white guy from the bad Rocky...right down to the disease issue. UO is definitely Rocky from that last one, old but still dangerous and comforting to his fans....what was this about again...

more ideas?

You were, I believe, referencing Mr. Tommy Gunn from the "bad Rocky" (agreed).  My question, good sir, is who the hell would be Thunderlips?

And, btw, if CU funds, I'll get a tattoo of my butt on my butt.

• CU_now_pleaseCU_now_please Member Posts: 47

troll this guy ;) 

get him to make a 5 minute video taking the mick out of the campaign then hopefully he says $5 isn't too much to ask for :)

/anon

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374
    I suggest any type of game similar to this should be signed onto if you have sub or its f2p, and tell everyone there!
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Thunderlips would probably be that bungie game. Hes a giant pro wrestler, not a boxer. Everyone was just left thinking, why are you here and why do I have to tolerate you, this isn't even your sport, go away and leave my sport alone.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

made posts on both of my guilds and alliance forums. not sure what else to do at the moment.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I shared on my facebook and my twitter, and bugged my guild to check it out. (cross game guild).

This is really the only forum I'm active on besides guild, and I'm pretty sure that anyone who sees my sig on here will already know all about it haha.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    1. If anyone uses twitter, ask Totalbiscuit to give his opinions on CU.  I am willing to bet he could cover atleast 5% - 10% of the needed funds on kickstarter just by informing his followers.
    2. Of course other youtube personalities as well.
    3. Provide the link to CSE and CU's kickstarter page on various twitch channels of well known pvp'ers/competitive players.
    4. Reddit, if you post there.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

maybe try to get a feature on camelot unchained with Chris Roberts(start citizen). hes done one for richard garriot and chris taylor.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Will make a thread regarding a specific thing, sorry.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

I really do think Mark and CSE need to reach out to the community leaders as much as the websites and media in general. If you can get one influential streamer or Twitter person to talk about this game and support it, that could drive a few hundred backers, easily.

Person-to-person recommendations, like when a streamer tells his viewers, "Check out Camelot Unchained!" are worth a hundred times what a website saying the same thing does. We naturally assign less weight to the words of a website meant to advertise than a person who we feel is genuine.

So, get the big community people talking about it!

My way of spreading the word, by the way, is by being active on gaming blogs and forums outside of the usual suspects. I am trying my best to spread awareness to as many new places as I can. If I can even get one person to pledge $50 each day as a result, that is over $1000 by the end of the campaign.

Challenge yourselves! We are going to be the project's best champions.

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

I posted messages at Gamespot and on you tube under the Mists of Pandaria video on youtube =)  I brough up the thread on the [H} Hard forum but haven't done anything on the Overclockers forum I just might do that now.

I don't know what to do otherwise I'm sure the people who did play the game are buried somewhere doing something else. I wish the Kickstarter went on for more then one month.

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

NM I seen Golden Tiger posted a message on the Overclocker.net forum =) The same guy started the one on the [H] forum too =)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1377891/kickstarter-camelot-unchained-rvr-housing-crafting-mmorpg-kickstarter-has-begun

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by Maephisto
    1. If anyone uses twitter, ask Totalbiscuit to give his opinions on CU.  I am willing to bet he could cover atleast 5% - 10% of the needed funds on kickstarter just by informing his followers.

Yeah, that would go over well. No working demo.  Marks last work didn't go over so well. That would be a really smart idea to have The Cynical Brit do a 30 minute all about CU.  He's made it pretty clear in pretty much ever video which he has ever made that he's not a shill.   Best one could probably hope for from him is a very short blurb in one of his content patches and hope he doesn't mention to much about the last creation.  Just saying.

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Hulluck
    Originally posted by Maephisto

Yeah, that would go over well. No working demo.  Marks last work didn't go over so well. That would be a really smart idea to have The Cynical Brit do a 30 minute all about CU.  He's made it pretty clear in pretty much ever video which he has ever made that he's not a shill.   Best one could probably hope for from him is a very short blurb in one of his content patches and hope he doesn't mention to much about the last creation.  Just saying.

Have to agree with this until there's something to play. Plus, I happened to be messin around on WAR: Wrath of Heroes when he covered that, and he more or less skewered it. Not a MJ gig, but related to Warhammer so...

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

If you have to reach for straws as uch as indicated in this thread, maybe CU just isnt ment to be?

Maybe a case of very vocal and dedicated minority, but not nearly enough to gain momentum for this game to ever be made.

Originally posted by Rhazmuz

If you have to reach for straws as uch as indicated in this thread, maybe CU just isnt ment to be?

Maybe a case of very vocal and dedicated minority, but not nearly enough to gain momentum for this game to ever be made.

It is possible, but you never know unless you try, right?

If everyone gave up because something looked challenging, or perhaps even impossible, we would not be having this conversation right now. It is precisely because something is challenging that it is worth doing or fighting for.

We better spread the word otherwise at the end of the month mathematically this sum will be at 1,5-1,7 mln. We need someone big to change the situation ;/
  • DaizeddDaizedd Member Posts: 142
    agreed morf. unfortunately I don't have many online or irl contacts. Everyone I know has been informed. Guys use your contacts to the max, it is very much needed, and this funding is far from a done deal.

All this websites should inform about CU campaign:

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/video-game-websites

I checked the first one, and there is almost no info. Try to contact websites editors and ask them for review of kickstarter.

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I know a lot of people that still haven't, and are waiting for next paycheck, waiting for weekend to have time to check into it more, waiting to see how kickstarter goes longer, etc...

We'll see a big wave this Friday with that being a big payday, and this weekend because its the first weekend people will have time to check it out more and go through all the stuff to sign up to back. Plus there will be a big push in the last couple days as people decide at the last minute they don't want to miss out on the rewards, and it's their last chance.

Outside of that, the one thing we CAN control is just getting the word out. I laughed when a poster a minute ago said "grasping at straws" etc... etc...

I mean the purpose of marketing, especially both developer and player driven, is to get the games message to as many people as possible, and let them make up their own minds. Just trying to INFORM people of the project etc... etc... isn't grasping at straws, it's just normal marketing LOL

Obviously if you never marketed a product, it could be the best product in the world, but nobody would ever know about it!

Word of mouth is one of the most powerful means of doing this too, which is what's going on right now. Initial backers going off to other players and talking to their friends about it. I mean it may take time for some people that are just now hearing about it to get used to the idea, research it, etc.. etc.., and decide to back it.

I kind of think theres a gulf between being interested in the game, and backing it. The rewards are meant to help people bridge the gulf, but some people just may not be compfortable with it. To be honest as first I didn't know a thing about kickstarter and crowdfunding, but the more I heard Mark talk abotu it, and research on my own, I really liked the idea. Don't have to be beholden to a company that's trying to increase revenue to increase stock price and please shareholders. Just try to impress the actual players that helped create the game.

So between the 3 or 4 more waves I predict, and just general word of mouth, I think it'll hit 2 M. But don't let up on the word of mouth campaign. People will be annoyed with us at the end of the month, but the more people that know about it, the better. Even if only 5% of the people we tell about it put money towards it, every little bit helps.

My personal opinion is that many people are just not used to the crowdfunding component of this, and we just need to convince them of the worthiness of the cause. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    WOW - can we stop the hype or at least wait untiel we see a beta test of the game. All that is going to happen is people will become dissappointed and bitter.

• MasahikoKobeMasahikoKobe Member Posts: 51

Dont annoy people too much. If you do this they are less likely to donate money. Mention to them that theres a cool PvP/Tri realm game and they should check out the site. 

Beyond that we have to belive in City State to show some shiny things to entice people to come donate. The more CU puts out in terms of info the stronger and easier it becomes for us to rally people to our cause. 

The idea is never to go to people and just be like HOLY SHIT YOU NEED TO GET THIS CAUSE I SAY ITS AWESOME. You want them to come to that conclusion so they pass along the info as well.

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322

I think WOW is probably the Russian (Soulless corporate-"If he dies, he dies")...

hahahahaha