Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan release date

TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36

After considerable thought and a little research I believe that Titan will be released much later than originally anticipated. This is only solidified by the upcoming expansions of World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2. Reason being is that Titan is not expected to replace World of Warcraft but to bridge the gap between World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2. With that said we have to look into what is on the horizon not just for Titan, but for World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2. Probably has everyone has seen the blizzard production slate shows the World of Warcraft movie and yet another expansion. As for StarCraft 2 it has already been confirmed that there would be a third expansion for StarCraft 2. It is expected that all three games will be running simultaneously since they will appeal to vastly different markets.

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void early 2015

World of Warcraft movie in production 2013 release 2015

World of Warcraft expansion 5/6 already confirmed late 2013/late 2014

So it would be reasonable to think that Titan would be released in mid-2015 as that current reports have Titan project halfway done and it has been speculated work commenced around 2007.

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    There's something wrong with your post.  I can't quite put my finger on it...

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Why are you yelling? I remember the Tick being boisterous, but this........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    It is Blizzard they won't release it till they polish the heck out of their game. I would be buckling under pressure if i was in lead of TITAN..i will be terrified actually. It is not easy to live up to success of WOW.
  • TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

sorry about that, my eyes are quite bad so I have a habit of enlarging text not necessarily yelling.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by TehTic
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

sorry about that, my eyes are quite bad so I have a habit of enlarging text not necessarily yelling.

Ah, no biggie. Time estimate seems about right to me as well. Although, late 2014 wouldn't suprise me.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Summer 2018

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

that would make a solid 10 years of development

-- longest development time for a big game studio evah!

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

You are going to be so disappointed...

I cant think of any game with that long of a development cycle that managed to meet fan expectations.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development