Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Role Players Unite!

12345679»

Comments

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

Just checking in on my fellow RPers! 

I got the digital version of the $250 tier.  Lifetime sub for $250 seems like a no-brainer to me.  Raad joined me, too. 

I thought it was hard waiting for the KS to start... man, waiting for Alpha, Beta and the live game is gonna be torture!

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• skyrekskyrek Member Posts: 45
    Hi Tumble :)  Yeah, its going to be a long wait to settle in to now.   I agree about the lifetime sub and why it was one of the requirements I had when looking at the tier to back originally.
  • professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    I am actually tempted to encourage my guild to head to an RP server just because I think an RP server will generally have more consistent and "honorable" RvR.
  • AthileaAthilea Member Posts: 72

Thank you all for continuing to show your support, it's greatly appreciated. <3

We would welcome rpers and non-rpers alike so long as everyone follows naming rules and people don't troll role players.

• JehueJehue Member Posts: 6

I started with the $110 tier for Alpha access but once I saw that the $250 lifetime tier was the equivalent of ~$7 per month for 36 months it was a no brainer. At normal MMO subscription rates that would pay for itself in less than 2 years.

As the KS wound down and we were still short, I was trying to decide whether to kick in extra to help fund through more FPs or a higher tier. Once I saw the $350 Hero Forever tier gave me a founders statue to display in my house's front garden, I decided why not? :) It still pays for itself over 3 years and I get a founders statue in my front garden and an extra copy of the game to get another friend of family member involved down at launch. :)

Yeah, there are a lot of good teirs. If it was only me paying then I would have gone for a higher teir. My husband and I backed it seperately, though.

Thank you for the link Teirless, someone else linked that to me as well. XD

That's about how my thought processes went as I moved myself up the tiers too Jehue :D

That article link is a bit amusing considering we had a similiarish discussion earlier in this thread.

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Sorry to be a dolt, but what do they mean by "gamification?"

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

I am not 100% sure to be honest, but I think they mean to imply how video games, in particular, have effected rp. 
  • professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    Gamification generally can be described as what happens when outcomes matter more than process. Games by definition have a fixed "narrow" set of rules with limited outcomes. Role Playing on the other hand is generally open-ended and user defined.
    Originally posted by professornomos
    Gamification generally can be described as what happens when outcomes matter more than process. Games by definition have a fixed "narrow" set of rules with limited outcomes. Role Playing on the other hand is generally open-ended and user defined.

Well stated.  I was trying to think of a good way to put it myself, but was having a mental block of a quick and easy explanation.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I probably wouldn't play on a RP server myself, but I am fine with there being one for players who want that assuming there's enough demand for it. It seems like something they would do a survey about among the backers later on in development in order to judge if enough people want it to justify having a separate server with the higher CSR costs needed to enforce the naming policy and other RP systems.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Q: Are you going to support Role-Players in the game?
    A: Absolutely. I’ve been asked if I’m in favor of a RP only server or an enhanced RP Server. Totally. Absolutely, positively, but it’s up to the players. This is something they have to decide for themselves. ‘Is there enough demand for it?

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

We are well of that, MKilbrid. I've made this thread to ensure that we have enough people that show support of it, even if they aren't going to be playing on the rp server themselves. It keeps role players out of non-role players hair and the other way around.
    Push back up
    Thank you Sky!
    No problem, you're welcome :)
    We'll have the backers forums soon. MJ just posted in the comments that he will be sending out the invites for the test forums tonight. o/ Yay!!!
    Awesome!  Can't wait to get in to the backer forums once they are open for everyone :)