Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how is everyone liking it so far?

13»

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by skimatix
    Originally posted by tank017

cant talk to a whole zone with voip

I feel like that's the whole immersion to the game.  Just my opinion though but im not a fan of global chat other than to watch people attempt to troll each other.  Its usually just filled with gold spammers and trolls and serious conversation usually gets drowned out by the non serious.  Whenever I feel like grouping up with non guild members, I invite them into whatever VOIP client we are using.  I find it much easier but that's just me.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Squeak69

I feel like that's the whole immersion to the game.  Just my opinion though but im not a fan of global chat other than to watch people attempt to troll each other.  Its usually just filled with gold spammers and trolls and serious conversation usually gets drowned out by the non serious.  Whenever I feel like grouping up with non guild members, I invite them into whatever VOIP client we are using.  I find it much easier but that's just me.

I am surprized they don't put a function in their game that can let you connect to s omeones teamspeak by clicking them in game if they entered the info into the game.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

true,its a matter of preference..

i personally find constantly hearing peoples chattering over voip to be immersion breaking.But then again,im old school

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408

I played in a couple betas and was pretty skeptical of ever getting the game but I'm glad I took the leap and picked this one up.  It doesn't feel like a "proper" MMO, whatever that may be, but it really has been a lot of fun.  I'm not even really much of a shooter fan but I like the setting, the addition of driving, and the dynamic events.  I also really like how some of the side missions lead you into objective-based areas; having to navigate them with the help of other people, all using different powers and weapons, is one of my favorite aspects of the game.  This is not a game that I'm expecting to pour my life into or obsess over the best builds and weapons but I do think I'll log in regularly to kill some mutants or take out an arkfall or two, especially if the show turns out to be worth watching as well.

A couple major issues distracting from the fun: the chat system.  It's worse than DCUO's was at launch and is pretty much unforgivable in 2013.  Also, the lack of any obvious bank or auction or mail system is a bit weird, even for a game that's not technically an MMO. 

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by brindleburn
    Originally posted by trash656

Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to be able to be a medic of some kind in this game, other than just reviving people? Is there any healing character i can build?

There are no set roles but you can play as a healer as there are guns that can do damage to the enemy and if you target an ally they heal them as well as recharging shields. When people run out of ammo they switch to the healing guns for damage as they are enegy based and don't have ammo. 

There may also be some ego traits that support healing, i seem to remember hearing that there was but not sure on that. 

Thank you my kind friend.