Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• $260k in 48 hours? Exciting! Hopefully won't have to up my pledge from $25.

Want to see official stretch goals.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Gyrus

It's the purchase of "Founders Points" to use in a "Founders Exchange" that should tip you off...

Purchase of a Virtual Currency with real cash to spend in a Virtual Store.

Turbine calls them Turbine Points.  You don't need to be in game to access the store either IIRC.  Does that mean it's not a cash shop?

It seems significantly different from cash shops in other games to me particularly since you won't be able to buy items that increase your in game power or can be sold for in game currency and it won't be available to people who weren't Founders of the Kickstarter and PayPal campaigns. If you want to call that a cash shop, clearly there is no argument that will change your mind.

I actually would prefer the game be B2P with a cosmetic cash shop rather than having a monthly sub although it's probably not possible given what a narrow niche of players it appeals to. Mark is strongly in favor of monthly subs anyway and against cash shops with the exception of the NPC that sells Founder's rewards (if you want to insist on calling that a cash shop).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Axxar

$260k in 48 hours? Exciting! Hopefully won't have to up my pledge from $25.

still trying ot decide what I can afford.. only at the $30 one now.. want to go for the $110 but that's a lot of money for me.. i dunno ill see

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Originally posted by Aerowyn

still trying ot decide what I can afford.. only at the $30 one now.. want to go for the $110 but that's a lot of money for me.. i dunno ill see

The way I see it, the $25 or $30 pledges are good deals. Really cheap deal for a copy of the game, and not a big loss if the game turns out not to fun.

(and of course your money back if it doesn't fund, but that goes for all tiers)

Originally posted by Aerowyn

The way I see it, the $25 or $30 pledges are good deals. Really cheap deal for a copy of the game, and not a big loss if the game turns out not to fun.

yea true but i'd really like to help in the alpha build///

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Well now that is frightening news.

For some reason, Paypal was refusing pledges for 2-3 hours, according to Kickstarter itself. I wonder if that means we'll get another 2-3 hours added?

I hope so - I mean hell, it happens, but feels abit cheap.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• Originally posted by Mkilbride

Well now that is frightening news.

For some reason, Paypal was refusing pledges for 2-3 hours, according to Kickstarter itself. I wonder if that means we'll get another 2-3 hours added?

I hope so - I mean hell, it happens, but feels abit cheap.

Amazon's service should be working again, so now the pledging should be able to resume.

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57
    Just tried to make my first time pledge and Amazon is clearly still having issues. I'll try again tomorrow, but considering the number of delays I believe KS should extend this by at least 24 hours. It is not MJ or CU fault that potentially the entire last 48 hours or so will be lost due to technical issues.
    Originally posted by GreenKnight1776
    Just tried to make my first time pledge and Amazon is clearly still having issues. I'll try again tomorrow, but considering the number of delays I believe KS should extend this by at least 24 hours. It is not MJ or CU fault that potentially the entire last 48 hours or so will be lost due to technical issues.

I don't know about a 24 hour extension. It wasn't down THAT long although it might have seemed like it given the tension of the final 2 days of the project. But certainly it should be extended by the number of hours people were unable to pledge. It's hard to imagine they wouldn't do that much.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24
    yes but it was down for 4+ hrs during the peak time when pledgers were pledging. Someone else posted the hourly trend and it was around 8k/hr right b4 it crashed and then took 2-3 hrs to get back up to speed... that's easily 20-30k lost.
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by meddyck

I don't know about a 24 hour extension. It wasn't down THAT long although it might have seemed like it given the tension of the final 2 days of the project. But certainly it should be extended by the number of hours people were unable to pledge. It's hard to imagine they wouldn't do that much.

I must admit this Amazon thing has given me a few chuckles.  Why?

Well I am going to do a bit of selective editing of the last two posts... see if you have heard this before?:

... it was down for 4+ hrs during the peak time when REALM 1 were ATTACKING REALM 2. Someone else posted the hourly BATTLE trend and REALM 1 WAS WINNING right b4 it crashed and then took 2-3 hrs to get back up to speed... that's easily A KEEP AND 30000 GOLD lost.

I don't know about a 24 hour extension ON YOUR MONTHLY SUB. It wasn't down THAT long although it might have seemed like it given the tension of the final 2 days of the BATTLE / WAR. But certainly it should be extended by the number of hours people were unable to LOG IN AND FIGHT. It's hard to imagine they wouldn't do that much.  OR AT LEAST A SERVER ROLLBACK!  REALM 1 WAS CHEATED OUT OF A VICTORY!

Apologies to the posters I have badly misquoted.... but I started having flashbacks... or was that premonitions?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Gyrus
    Originally posted by meddyck

I must admit this Amazon thing has given me a few chuckles.  Why?

Well I am going to do a bit of selective editing of the last two posts... see if you have heard this before?:

... it was down for 4+ hrs during the peak time when REALM 1 were ATTACKING REALM 2. Someone else posted the hourly BATTLE trend and REALM 1 WAS WINNING right b4 it crashed and then took 2-3 hrs to get back up to speed... that's easily A KEEP AND 30000 GOLD lost.

I don't know about a 24 hour extension ON YOUR MONTHLY SUB. It wasn't down THAT long although it might have seemed like it given the tension of the final 2 days of the BATTLE / WAR. But certainly it should be extended by the number of hours people were unable to LOG IN AND FIGHT. It's hard to imagine they wouldn't do that much.  OR AT LEAST A SERVER ROLLBACK!  REALM 1 WAS CHEATED OUT OF A VICTORY!

Apologies to the posters I have badly misquoted.... but I started having flashbacks... or was that premonitions?

You know you're a PvPer when... ;)     Indeed, you're correct

• 24 hours left and $160k to go.

Do stretch goals normally only get revealed once the project reaches funding? The only "official" stretch goal I've seen was MJ briefly mentioning archers at "probably" $2.1 mil, but other stuff like The Depths would be nice to know.

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    What will the haters say when we fund?
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by UOlover
    What will the haters say when we fund?

Probably grats! I don't think that the issue has ever been about the game in general, it's how they went about things with their kickstarter. Why wait so long and still have nothing to show when you launch your kickstarter? They were certainly on these forums for months prior, asking the community questions about what they should do. I'm actually hoping it does get funded because I think that MJ will, hopefully, take a lot away from the "haters" and learn something. It could only serve to improve the end product. He'll have a mountainous level of quality that he has to live up to. If he can actually do that, then I think you'd see a lot of those initial haters actually become supporters. Then again, asking him to actually learn something from the experience might be too much, we'll see. 

Even a hater wants to see a good game. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

24 hours left and $160k to go.

Do stretch goals normally only get revealed once the project reaches funding? The only "official" stretch goal I've seen was MJ briefly mentioning archers at "probably" $2.1 mil, but other stuff like The Depths would be nice to know.

I have to think that's the case otherwise we would have long since learned what dollar values need to be reached for archers, The Depths, and anything else (veilwalkers?).

• GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100

As predicted, today 2 new pledge tiers appeared 1200$ and the magically 3500$.

Seriously if this where any other game, people would scream " scammers" all the way.

CU campain for the last week was only "lets add more bigmoney tiers with  smokecontent" to grab more money fast... nothing about realm mechanics / conquest or somthing realated to pvp. 

Again ...  for the last days they added 1k 3,2k and 3.5k tiers as a desperate measure.  every other kickstarter project that aimed or funded with 2m $  had x3 x5 more backers than CU(12k)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by Gendark

Seriously if this where any other game, people would scream " scammers" all the way.

CU campain for the last week was only "lets add more bigmoney tiers with  smokecontent" to grab more money fast... nothing about realm mechanics / conquest or somthing realated to pvp. 

Again ...  for the last days they added 1k 3,2k and 3.5k tiers as a desperate measure.  every other kickstarter project that aimed or funded with 2m $  had x3 x5 more backers than CU(12k)

You missed that he's also opening a new dragonwhale ($10,000) tier too just like anybody could have predicted would happen on the final day. Although it may not be what Kickstarter wants to have happen, I don't really see a problem with a project creator deciding he is willing to put up a bit more of his own money to make sure a project funds by doing stuff like this. It's essentially like he is deciding to raise $1.9 million and pitch in $2.1 million of his own money instead of $2 million of each. To which I say, so what? Fine by me.

• Nice to see Gendark making excuses in advance for his previous prediction now that it's looking more likely that the game will fund. I guess a lot of people who were overly bold with delcaring the project doomed earlier could end up looking a little silly in less than 24 hours.

• Heh, you can literally see a new backer joining every 5-20 seconds right now.
  • LetsPlayOutsideLetsPlayOutside Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by TigsKC
    Originally posted by Gendark

I have to LOL at this!

You just wish you were part of a community as passionate and enthusiatic about the early development of a game.

They should rename the game, Houses Unchained.

• Originally posted by cinos

Nice to see Gendark making excuses in advance for his previous prediction now that it's looking more likely that the game will fund. I guess a lot of people who were overly bold with delcaring the project doomed earlier could end up looking a little silly in less than 24 hours.

I understand you are excited, but why not wait until it actually funds before you "oh so maturely" rub another persons face in it? :p

I wasn't disciplined enough to wait. My apologies :p

Still no guarantee it will fund, either, but it doesn't look like failure is very likely at this point. I'd say it's "up to Amazon" right now :)

• GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by cinos

Nice to see Gendark making excuses in advance for his previous prediction now that it's looking more likely that the game will fund. I guess a lot of people who were overly bold with delcaring the project doomed earlier could end up looking a little silly in less than 24 hours.

I understand you are excited, but why not wait until it actually funds before you "oh so maturely" rub another persons face in it? :p

I wasn't disciplined enough to wait. My apologies :p

Still no guarantee it will fund, either, but it doesn't look like failure is very likely at this point. I'd say it's "up to Amazon" right now :)

First, i pledged it (again) some days ago, but the 25$ tier, why ? easy, some friends/guildies want to play it and i take it like a preorder but. And thats the big one, for me the CU campain has been a complete fail. 12k backers really ?? 158$ per backer is insane, updates about ducks and funny stuff and tons of concept art but not specific mechanics, because nothing is set on stone yet... i still think MJ selling policy of "let me grab your 2m$ and then i will put mine" its really a bad one.

What they should have done its to work some time and spend some money in a decent game prototype, something to show to the crowd and keep them excited and set some concepts of gameplay in stone... classes, class mechanics, races, how RvR will work etc...  instead of just talking of posibles maybes. And finally having done all that asking for something like 1m$ - 1.5m$ and they doing updates about factible stretch goals.

Anyway if CU is funded, then better for me, another game to play in 3 years, but that doesn't meant that the whole kickstarter campain was done right. 

wow over 1.9 million still 21 hours to go.. looking good