Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will wait till Defiance goes F2P......

2»

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Reignson

"So far the whole point of B2P is to avoid F2P"          

On what planet is that statement even remotely true?  How quickly people forget that since the inception of video games as a consumer product, buy to play was the only way you got games.   lol   just because there are now "other" options, does not mean that buying a game to play it is something special.   Sorry, but buy to play is still the norm. 

And it still is. Don't you buy all your games to play? but MMOS are different kind of beast thanks to cash shops and all the content updates it keeps getting over the years. MMOS are not like console games so the market which was predominantely all about buying the box and paying monthly sub on top of it..once that barrier is removed all you got to pay is for the box.  Cash shop is optional with cosmetic and stuff.

Yes you still pay to play only difference you are not paying a monthly cost for accessing the servers. So i don't know why you quoted me when you are essentialy saying what i said. Although i never said B2P is special. however i did say that going F2P from P2P makes more sense than B2P going F2P.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by DAS1337

I find it funny how people honestly won't pay $60 for a MMO that could offer hundreds of hours of fun, but they will pay the same price for Gears of War, or another equally short game experience.  I know you people do it.  You piss and moan about MMO's and you go buy Tomb Raider and beat it in less than a day.  

You all know it's true.  

first off gears of war is much  more fun!!! Secondly this MMO has been completed  second day after launch, with as I have already said scheduled season pass where you have to pay again for new content. You have to realize that for many people defiance just is not as fun for many.